Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    I still think Vince is the greatest Raptor of all time, but Lowry is definitely a close second and Derozan behind them at 3rd.
    Yeah I don't know, for me it's a very tough call. Vince just had the superstar talent and gifts Kyle isn't blessed to be born with. VC had one job like DeMar and that was to carry the scoring load. Kyle does everything for us and again it's his intangibles that at least close the gap.

Vince needed Oakley to bitchsmack him into playing hard each and every game where as Lowry is the guy doing the smacking to everybody else in addition to carrying the team when needed. If Kyle was able to throwdown massive dunks (which is funny to think of unless he were like his son/athletic young clone Dennis Smith Jr) he would stand out more in people's minds.

This is going to be a weird comparison but almost reminds me of Pierce vs Billups...PP was integral to the Celtics success and will leave a major mark on his team but Chauncey led the Pistons, I think Billups overall value to his team was more despite Paul being a more talented player who was a big part of the Cs success but Garnett imo was the biggest reason BOS won it all, not Paul. Chauncey was the biggest reason the Pistons won and I think Lowry has that level of effect on our team versus VC and it's shown in the W column and before we say that's DeRozan too....Lowry has led this team to more Ws than VC had when he was on the Nets with Jason Kidd and Jefferson. He's that good and slept on.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      On the Laker side, Luke Walton has turned buyout candidate Nick Young into an offensive star. The past 2 seasons he had TS% of .520 and .483.

Prior to tonight's game - TS%
      Steph Curry .634
      Kyle Lowry .631
      Nick Young .631
      Props to Luke. I honestly thought his NBA career was done.. He was abysmal last season.

Comment

• I just realized that I don't remember JV yelling like he was shot in the foot at any point during tonight's game.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          What else does he have to do? Vince scores and dunks really well. Lowry does it all and makes the entire team better. He's the most positive contributor this team has ever had.
          Exactly. Fuck it with the Vince shit now. Vince was gone for a long time. Kyle Lowry and DeRozan helps our team get into the ECF for the first time, plus help from a rag tag bunch of role players that show up. They both are the greatest Raptors of all time on RECORD. Not in the would-a-could-a-should-a fantasy land that people still fucking think Vince is the best Raptor.

Thank Vince for making sure our team didn't get deported out of Canada in 1998-2002, but today is 2017.

The team leaders are Lowry and DeRozan, who are breaking franchise records by their own means.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Props to Luke. I honestly thought his NBA career was done.. He was abysmal last season.
            It is Iggy Izaela that is the parasite

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
              I just realized that I don't remember JV yelling like he was shot in the foot at any point during tonight's game.
              AAaaAAAaaaaaggGGGHhhHHHAAaaaAAAhhhhh *flailing*
              OG is our king

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                Vince certainly had more talent and natural gifts to be better but never carried this team as far or to more Ws. Kyle's intangibles like his leadership at least make him on par, if not as you say more valuable, to our franchise.
                Also credit Masai on banking on him to be the leader. That private talk in 2013 with Larry wasn't some publicity stunt.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  I really wish our franchise didn't think this way, not singling you out...everything should be earned and DC has come nowhere close to showing he's earned the starting spot. I like Ross more off the bench but even he has proven to be more deserving of the spot and I would have no problem and would prefer if we start Powell, he at least plays hard nosed defence. Carroll has had less than a handful of meaningful games this season. He should be sent to the bench and work to prove he deserves to be a starter again, he has been nothing like the DeMarre of ATL for the most part.
                  As knee jerky as I can get, I'm glad we are not publicly singling players out. Carroll's shittiness is dragging the team down, but great teams including ours never throws other players under the bus.

The worst our team can do is by subtly subbing in Norman for Carroll 3 mins into the 1st qtr, and not commenting anything on Carroll

Leave that to Philly, Sacramento, and New York to publicly blame players in public. I'm sure Colangelo will crack soon and start pointing fingers in press like a child
                  Last edited by tonious35; Mon Jan 2, 2017, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                    As knee jerky as I can get, I'm glad we are not publicly singling players out. Carroll's shittiness is dragging the team down, but great teams including ours never throws other players under the bus.

The worst our team can do is by subtly subbing in Norman for Carroll 3 mins into the 1st qtr, and not commenting anything on Carroll

Leave that to Philly, Sacramento, and New York to publicly blame players in public. I'm sure Colangelo will crack soon and start pointing fingers in press like a child
                    Agreed it's not good to shame players but I think you gotta put the need of the team over the ego of one and if Carroll is a team first guy as he says he will be willing to at least outwardly accept that role, as Kanter does.

As for BC, I don't think he can single out anyone lol that team is truly hot garbage that is just riding Embiid to the rare win. It will be a much different story when Simmons, Korkmaz, Luwawu and their next top 4 pick (one of likely Fultz, Ball, DS Jr and yes may be even Monk) join the squad. When you see how special Joel is then think of him having a special young talent like Simmons PLUS possibly another elite prospect surrounded by shooters (if they can remain healthy).....PHI in a few years will be THE talk of the league and BC is going to be right there smiling with his water bottle in hand.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                      Give me a break. For all his bad decisions, BC was pretty straight about taking responsibility.

"At the end of the day, there's a lot of talk about this being about coaching and systems and things like that," said Colangelo, who was en route yesterday to meet his team in Washington for tonight's game against the Wizards. "But at the end of the day if you're looking for someone to blame, you can point to me because I'm ultimately the one responsible for putting this group together."
                      http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1388141/

Comment

• CoJo looked good for long stretches. Way too much Siakam. Could have really used Sully, ty Poeltl in the meantime.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Patterson isn't the only one likely suffering from a knee strain after reading some of the knee jerk reactions about JV lately.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• They aren't knee jerk reactions to JV. These are long standing issues that he's had and will continue to have in the modern league dominated by spread pick and roll and bigmen who can stretch the floor.

It's wrong to assume that people with a negative opinion of JV's defense/defensive capabilities haven't thought things through and are just reacting on a whim to what's happening from game to game.

Comment

• Up until the stretch in the fourth where JV went brain dead for 4 or 5 straight possessions, I thought he was more like the JV we expect to see from last year and the start of the season. As someone mentioned, something's not right with him. He was been a big plus factor for the last couple of years, and the league didn't suddenly change in the last 3 months.

I hope Bebe's play has shut up all the suggestions that it would be okay to trade JV because his back up has the speed and mobility to play as a modern center. The lack of defense from this game can pretty comfortably be laid at Siakim's, Carroll's and Beebe's door. If JV goes out in a trade, you better be getting a 4 and a 5 back.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                                They aren't knee jerk reactions to JV. These are long standing issues that he's had and will continue to have in the modern league dominated by spread pick and roll and bigmen who can stretch the floor.

It's wrong to assume that people with a negative opinion of JV's defense/defensive capabilities haven't thought things through and are just reacting on a whim to what's happening from game to game.
                                Well, point me to the same criticisms when he was dominating the Pacers and Heat last spring and you'll have your evidence that people aren't just reacting to what is currently in front of them.

It's not an assumption, it's an observation of when the criticisms happen. Some few have expressed these concerns consistently - most have not.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X