No announcement yet.

Is it just me or is Leo Rautins annoying as f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who are Jays fans and are able to catch their broadcasts on SN you can see why the displeasure with the roundball crew. The Jays home town SN baseball crews feature Buck Martinez, Dan Shulman and Pat Tabler. Martinez and Shulman are quite likely the two best play by play people in the game with Joe Buck and Bob Costas coming up third/fourth depending on who you like.

Pat Tabler easily plays off those two and he clearly outshines Harold Reynolds and Cliff Flyod. The games are made interesting and informative regardless of the score by the uncontrived anecdotal patter between whomever is behind the mike that night.

Thats the bar... its a pretty effin high bar.. but thats the bar.
    Time for Matt and Leo to lift their games. Get better boys.. get better.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jan 12, 2017, 09:26 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      For those who are Jays fans and are able to catch their broadcasts on SN you can see why the displeasure with the roundball crew. The Jays home town SN baseball crews feature Buck Martinez, Dan Shulman and Pat Tabler. Martinez and Shulman are quite likely the two best play by play people in the game with Joe Buck and Bob Costas coming up third/fourth depending on who you like.

Pat Tabler easily plays off those two and he clearly outshines Harold Reynolds and Cliff Flyod. The games are made interesting and informative regardless of the score by the uncontrived anecdotal patter between whomever is behind the mike that night.

You learn so much intricate details of baseball listening to pat and buck talk. It's enthralling at times.

Matt and Leo have taught me matt likes ice cream and Leo played for Syracuse in the 1930s (har har har)

Leos basketball tips: grab blocks with both hands, and don't leave your feet on shot attempt, ad nauseum. My 11 year old community coach said the same stuff
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        You learn so much intricate details of baseball listening to pat and buck talk. It's enthralling at times.

Matt and Leo have taught me matt likes ice cream and Leo played for Syracuse in the 1930s (har har har)

Leos basketball tips: grab blocks with both hands, and don't leave your feet on shot attempt, ad nauseum. My 11 year old community coach said the same stuff
        We need to drive a dump truck full of money to Hubie Brown's house. Now there's a guy who teaches us something new on every broadcast.

Comment

Leo+Matt is atrocious

They obviously don't like each other and it's so forced

Also, can we get rid of Rod Black already too? Dude always says dumb shit

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Yup. Jays crew is phenomenal but disagree on Joe Buck. I think he's terrible.

But give me Buck Martinez and Pat Tabler any day

Comment

Dan Schulman is phenomenal. Buck has gotten to the point of OK - he reminds me of Coach in the original Cheers, Pat is far too bland for me. With Buck and Pat, it depends on how long you've been watching baseball and how much stock you put in analytics, the less analytical the listener, the better they are.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

If any of you watched the game today from the Knicks feed you heard what good commentating is. Mike breen and Clyde is a great combo who provide insight into the game and have good personalities. Leo could learn from Clyde on how to be a player commentator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  We need to drive a dump truck full of money to Hubie Brown's house. Now there's a guy who teaches us something new on every broadcast.
                  he's 83 years old though

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                    he's 83 years old though
                    And is still better than Leo.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                      If any of you watched the game today from the Knicks feed you heard what good commentating is. Mike breen and Clyde is a great combo who provide insight into the game and have good personalities. Leo could learn from Clyde on how to be a player commentator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Breen's one of the best in the biz. He was great way back in his "NBA on NBC" days in the late 90s/early 2000s, too. He called Carter's memorable 50 point playoff game vs. Philly in the 2001 playoffs. Always had great things to say about the city of Toronto, and the fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X