Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or is Leo Rautins annoying as f

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it just me or is Leo Rautins annoying as f

Am I going crazy? Or was he starting some on air passive aggressive beef with matt devlin?
    Regardless, I just can't stand this guy anymore
    Somebody please help me

2. Like RDV liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the game on the radio and Jonsey/Smith are much much better... problem is that its a 5 second delay and if you mute Leo the game comes in like one of those really bad Japanesse Godzilla movies from the 60's. The play is finished as the radio guys are teeing it up. To bad as its way better than the Sportsnet TV crew has been this year.

Leo has just about run his course.... Its just too much of the same old with him. Syracuse ball... his kids and him at St. Mikes.. the shameless mugging on camera with Devlin on where they are going to eat on upcoming road trips to warmer climates. The inane banter between them is enough to make you want to stop watching.... They don't even bother telling the viewers when teams are getting into foul trouble or approaching the bonus in quarter. Enough already.....SN needs a fresh voice and perspective.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Jan 8th, 2017 at 08:32 PM.

4. Like connected, Hotshot, RDV, Shredder, Cody73 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    I had the game on the radio and Jonsey/Smith are much much better... problem is that its a 5 second delay and if you mute Leo the game comes in like one of those really bad Japanesse Godzilla movies from the 60's. The play is finished as the radio guys are teeing it up. To bad as its way better than the Sportsnet TV crew has been this year.

Leo has just about run his course.... Its just too much of the same old with him. Syracuse ball... his kids and him at St. Mikes.. the shameless mugging on camera with Devlin on where they are going to eat on upcoming road trips to warmer climates. The inane banter between them is enough to make you want to stop watching.... They don't even bother telling the viewers when teams are getting into foul trouble or approaching the bonus in quarter. Enough already.....SN needs a fresh voice and perspective.
    Whatever happened to Andy Raitsinis?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Whatever happened to Andy Raitsinis?
    Andy Rautins.

Raptors Republic Superstar Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Andy Rautins.
    According to Wikipedia.. he is playing ball in Turkey...

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, for me its more Matt Devlin is just brutal. He's the one that always brings up Syracuse and pokes at Leo, and disagrees with him and starts the stupid back and forths. Get rid of Devlin, and things will get 100x better.

9. Like Lupe, WJF liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Honestly, for me its more Matt Devlin is just brutal. He's the one that always brings up Syracuse and pokes at Leo, and disagrees with him and starts the stupid back and forths. Get rid of Devlin, and things will get 100x better.
    And yet, IMO, Matt and Jack work together very well and are good entertainment. But Matt and Leo just seem so forced and fake, not best buddy's obviously.

11. Like KeonClark, Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand Leo but I love Matt. He's not too much of a homer and he's exciting. Matt and Jack are one of the best broadcast duos in the league. I'd say Mike Breen and Clyde in New York are my favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote danno wrote: View Post
    And yet, IMO, Matt and Jack work together very well and are good entertainment. But Matt and Leo just seem so forced and fake, not best buddy's obviously.
    I agree with this. Matt and Jack have better chemistry

14. Like RDV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt and Jack are amazing
    Matt and Leo are decent
    Quote Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    Am I going crazy? Or was he starting some on air passive aggressive beef with matt devlin?
    Regardless, I just can't stand this guy anymore
    Somebody please help me
    Tale as old as time
    Song as old as rhyme
    Matty and the Greased

Post Thanks / Like

TBH, Smith & Jones should be our main guys. Let Devlin & Rautins go. Both are as bad as Skip Bayless in terms of punchability (Preferably in the face).
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    It starts with ....

"tenforthewin wrote:"

Raptors Republic Superstar Machine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    I totally agree. Matt is the worst. Matt and Jack is better than leo obviously but Matts back and forths with jack are just as annoying and he gets too giddy and weird with jack too. Its too bad cause matt does a decent job in baseball when he is just acting professional. With the raptors his insanely annoying personality is given way too much leash.

19. Like Joey, WJF liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who hates all of them? Matt, Jack, and Leo. They're all way to much of Homers especially Matt

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

21. Like Joey, Shredder liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watch the game on mute.. that's what I do.

Rautins has been annoying since day 1. As have Matt and Jack.. they are all annoying. But MLSE and the Raptors like them because they're not controversial and get the job done.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one who hates all of them? Matt, Jack, and Leo. They're all way to much of Homers especially Matt

Leo? A homer? He goes out of his way to defend the refs when we're getting jobbed, he even said it was a good call in the Sacramento game.

A lot of words I'd use for leo, just not homer. But yeah jack is 1000x better
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

24. Like Mapko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post

I do but not equally. Leo is the worst for me by far. No redeeming qualities.

Jack is old man lame which can be entertaining at times but annoying at others.

Matt is too vanilla for me (although I do enjoy vanilla flavour). At least Chuck had some pizzazz.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

26. Like Shredder liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

#BringDanShulmanBackToCanada

28. Like S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt and Jack are fun, though not too in-depth with the analysis. I don't care for Leo at all, and Leo + Matt definitely have strained chemistry. Matt tries to make it work but it's tough with Leo, guy takes himself pretty seriously.

None of them are the biggest homers, some broadcast teams are really, really bad for that.

I always enjoyed JVG, Mark Jackson, and Mike Breen. Each guy brought something different, good entertainment, good insight, good chemistry. Not everybody is but I'm a fan of Mark Jackson's outros.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually switch stream if it isn't LAL, NY or Boston.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information