Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or is Leo Rautins annoying as f

Raptors Republic Rookie Shredder's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack is a poor man's Dick Vitale, however I've grown to tolerate him. Some of his sayings get old quick, but I think he's the best we have now.

Leo drives me nuts. Captain Obvious is a great comparison. I think one night I heard him say "when you get more offensive rebounds, you get more offensive possessions" Thanks bud. He's the worst. I cringe when I see the game is on sportsnet.

Matt is just a homer. He defers to Leo or Jack too often, and it seems he is just told by MLSE to dumb things down for the Canadian Market. I think after 20 years, we don't need Matt's style of broadcasting games.

An easy replacement of Leo would be Sherman. When he's doing the play by play in the preseason, it's much better. I would love to see him over Leo.

In baseball, the later playoff series are broadcasted by one group, North American wide. I was disappointed last year, having the Raptors advance as far as they did, and we still had to listen to our normal broadcast team.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

bring back Chuck

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote wall-e wrote: View Post
    bring back Chuck
    Getting paid twice as much to call Bulls games
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring Anthony Parker as a colour commentator .

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Honestly, for me its more Matt Devlin is just brutal. He's the one that always brings up Syracuse and pokes at Leo, and disagrees with him and starts the stupid back and forths. Get rid of Devlin, and things will get 100x better.
    it is definitely a chemistry issue between those two. If it was my choice I would rather see leo as half time host versus a play by play analyst

6. Like S.R. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shredder wrote: View Post
    Jack is a poor man's Dick Vitale, however I've grown to tolerate him. Some of his sayings get old quick, but I think he's the best we have now.

Leo drives me nuts. Captain Obvious is a great comparison. I think one night I heard him say "when you get more offensive rebounds, you get more offensive possessions" Thanks bud. He's the worst. I cringe when I see the game is on sportsnet.

Matt is just a homer. He defers to Leo or Jack too often, and it seems he is just told by MLSE to dumb things down for the Canadian Market. I think after 20 years, we don't need Matt's style of broadcasting games.

An easy replacement of Leo would be Sherman. When he's doing the play by play in the preseason, it's much better. I would love to see him over Leo.

In baseball, the later playoff series are broadcasted by one group, North American wide. I was disappointed last year, having the Raptors advance as far as they did, and we still had to listen to our normal broadcast team.
    I did enjoy the two broadcasts during the playoff's live was the our broadcasts and then I would watch the game again with the american teams . this gives you a chance to see if the controversial calls are viewed consistently as well as the performance of the teams from both a player perspective and other functions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Honestly, for me its more Matt Devlin is just brutal. He's the one that always brings up Syracuse and pokes at Leo, and disagrees with him and starts the stupid back and forths. Get rid of Devlin, and things will get 100x better.
    ^This.

I don't really have a problem with it but sometimes it's a little bit too much.

I like Matt and Jack though. Mostly because of Jack. He's great.

9. Like Demographic Shift, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Matt and Jack are fun, though not too in-depth with the analysis. I don't care for Leo at all, and Leo + Matt definitely have strained chemistry. Matt tries to make it work but it's tough with Leo, guy takes himself pretty seriously.

None of them are the biggest homers, some broadcast teams are really, really bad for that.

I always enjoyed JVG, Mark Jackson, and Mike Breen. Each guy brought something different, good entertainment, good insight, good chemistry. Not everybody is but I'm a fan of Mark Jackson's outros.
    I love Marc Jackson's outros lol

This parody of him just kills me lol

11. Like golden, S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote wall-e wrote: View Post
    bring back Chuck
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Getting paid twice as much to call Bulls games
    Plus, people hated Chuck more than Leo. One of the biggest homers in the history of NBA basketball, lol.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about Matt that irks me, is the constant "no call!".

14. Like Demographic Shift liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What bugs me the most about Matt is the amount of times he says "Contact No Call"

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

16. Like Demographic Shift liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Plus, people hated Chuck more than Leo. One of the biggest homers in the history of NBA basketball, lol.
    I don't miss Swirsky at all, definitely prefer Devlin.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't care. Our crew is very decent.. compared to the rest of the NBA.
    "We were one of four teams left. We can be proud of that, but not satisfied" - D. Casey

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting.

I don't mind Leo, but I can't stand Matt. He defends every stupid decision/play by the Raptors & calls by the referees.

Jack (and sometimes Leo) will call them out.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. 2 pages and still going strong. The hate is real. I don't really get it, mainly because I listen to all the games on mute.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, can't believe there is a thread for this. Yes, Leo is annoying as f.

In my mind the most annoying personality in the Raptors organization, just short of Rod Black.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote suspenders wrote: View Post
    Interesting.

I don't mind Leo, but I can't stand Matt. He defends every stupid decision/play by the Raptors & calls by the referees.

Jack (and sometimes Leo) will call them out.
    Matt's a true company man. He knows who he works for.

Raptors Republic Superstar Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Wow. 2 pages and still going strong. The hate is real. I don't really get it, mainly because I listen to all the games on mute.
    Its not hate.. its more like disappointment in that the TV crew on Sportsnet doesn't seem to realize that the fan base is a lot more sophisticated than it was even 5 years ago and expects more than the crew is currently giving by way of analysis and focus.

For Matt to keep bleating that every drive to the basket deserves a foul call has worn thin. It doesn't. DD isn't fouled on every drive he makes. The other guys can play good defense. Enough of Leo's hackneyed go to's such as "this guy can hurt you if he gets hot" after a single made basket by a non descript player is just dumb. If your playing the Bulls..yes Butler can kill you.. but Carter-Williams can't and won't. Stop it.

If the graphics on the scorebaord image on the screen haven't been updated like every other broadcast to show you how many timeouts there are remaining in a close game or if the team has taken 3 or 4 quick fouls early in the quarter and is going to be in the bonus.. Have the crew TELL US that instead of where they are off to eat in Phoenix and what hotel they are staying in or worse start to talk about Drake and what he means to the team. He means two thirds of three-eighths of the square root of fuck all. Nothing. Move on. It just gets insulting after a while.

Just start to do your jobs man... keep a growing and increasingly knowledgeable fan base aware of whats going on in the game in a professional manner.. dump this entertainment banter down the next sewer. Jack can really pull the game apart and tell you whats happening in game but the formula wants him to sing Sinatra and scream MGD... screw that.. want to hear from a 10 year coaches perspective whats working in the PnR and why ....
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jan 10th, 2017 at 02:31 PM.

24. Like RDV liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Also leo, can you stop joking about how much matt loves ice cream? It wasn't funny the first fucking time. Every game now, it's grating. We get it, Matt loves ice cream, and you both ate a lot of snickers. Do they picture people at home busting a gut laughing at this shit? No, we want real basketball analysis. What defense are they running? What offensive set was that? How is the other team doing lately?

And for god sakes, it's ok to call derozan out!! Stop making pat ross and the rookies your whipping boys, it'd quite obvious who MLSE is telling you to promote and who is expendable
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    Am I going crazy? Or was he starting some on air passive aggressive beef with matt devlin?
    Regardless, I just can't stand this guy anymore
    Somebody please help me
    You are not alone. Leo has been there forever though. They don't seem to care that he sucks. He's probably well liked behind the scenes and most time, as with anywhere, that detail is a large part of the battle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information