Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgive me for the OT:

Joey Bats for 37/2 years.

Glad that he is back. Although I'm saddened that EE has to sign elsewhere.

Back to Raps basketball.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Imagine if the Knicks were really good...like Raptors good? Good lord it would have been insufferable. ESPN, Daily News & the Post would have them on the cover/back pages each day extolling their virtues and writing columns etc. Dolan would raise his seat prices and Phil Jackson may have married his GF. Their fans continue to have a sense of entitlement but forget that the Knick glory years are now those of their fathers. NYC does not produce good ballers anymore it seems (they now come from Toronto & Canada...lol). Yet they frequently call their barn the "mecca" of BB. It may look good & sound good and they buy the most expensive management and coaches...however...it's all lipstick on a pig isn't it?
      If we're talking true glory years of actually winning you might even say those were the days of their grandfathers.

It's always been funny to me that MSG/New York is called the mecca of basketball. It wasn't invented there. Their team has had very little championship success. I doubt they produce the most basketball talent that make it pro (that probably goes to LA area or SoCal in general).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        If we're talking true glory years of actually winning you might even say those were the days of their grandfathers.

It's always been funny to me that MSG/New York is called the mecca of basketball. It wasn't invented there. Their team has had very little championship success. I doubt they produce the most basketball talent that make it pro (that probably goes to LA area or SoCal in general).

NYC isn't even close to being the centre of basketball in the US. Not anymore. There have been countless articles written about the decline of All-Americans (High School and NCAA) from NYC in recent years. MSG might still be a 'cathedral' in the religion of basketball but the city is no longer the Vatican....

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          The Knicks are the team I hate the most. I wanna destroy their souls. I want a fight in their dressing room post game. I wanna make carmelo cry and derrick fly back to his mommy's. Let's get it.
          You must be ecstatic...

Blew them out. Got trade chatter sparked on Melo. Even broke Lance Thomas' face.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            You must be ecstatic...

Blew them out. Got trade chatter sparked on Melo. Even broke Lance Thomas' face.

It was very pleasing. There is something relaxing, though extremely unexciting to a blowout.

It was even obvious to politically correct matt devlin to "break it down and build around porzingis"

Do the Knicks even have their first this year? Will anybody take Noah? Man what a mess. Porzingis is the only thing saving them from being mess 1a to their borough brother brooklyn
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Is my memory serving me correctly in that Powell got minutes over cojo prior to garbage time? The usual rotation seemed different, looked like case went with powell as the 2 over joseph for awhile. If so, I like it

Comment

It was very pleasing. There is something relaxing, though extremely unexciting to a blowout.

It was even obvious to politically correct matt devlin to "break it down and build around porzingis"

Do the Knicks even have their first this year? Will anybody take Noah? Man what a mess. Porzingis is the only thing saving them from being mess 1a to their borough brother brooklyn
                Yeah they need to scrap their team...

Porzingis is awesome, but it's a bit worrisome that he's dealing with achilles issues so young. They gotta hope it's nothing serious/potentially chronic.

Comment

• Why all the afternoon games today? Is there a holiday in the US?

*EDIT* - MLK day
                  Last edited by planetmars; Mon Jan 16, 2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I still remember all the dumb Knick fans going nuts when Phil Jackson's hiring was announced. Not sure how coaching success if proof of eventual front office success.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I still remember all the dumb Knick fans going nuts when Phil Jackson's hiring was announced. Not sure how coaching success if proof of eventual front office success.
                      Yep, Peter Principle stuff at work again. Although, in fairness to Jackson, I am not sure anyone can succeed in that Knicks job with the current ownership. You can't run a multi-billion dollar organization based on the back page of the NY Post but that's too often the case in NYC.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        slaw wrote: View Post
                        Yep, Peter Principle stuff at work again. Although, in fairness to Jackson, I am not sure anyone can succeed in that Knicks job with the current ownership. You can't run a multi-billion dollar organization based on the back page of the NY Post but that's too often the case in NYC.
                        And they boo'd Kristaps drafting, but applauded Rose trade and thought they looked stacked this year.

To quote Jack Armstrong quoting somebody else, "if you worry too much about what the fans think, you'll end up sittin with them"

Comment

• Game #41: Toronto Raptors 119 - Brooklyn Nets 109

Your Toronto Raptors hit the halfway mark at the Barclays Centre, taking on a Nets team they beat just a few days ago, and who lost to the Rockets their last time out, extending their long losing streak.

PROJECTED STARTERS

Can the Raps keep rolling against the lower seeded teams? How close are we to getting Sullinger? Will Valanciunas keep beasting on the glass? Find out all this and more, next time on Toronto Raptors basketball!

LET'S GO RAPS!!!
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• We can get an uptick in posts in thread regarding getting #1 seed should Raptors win tonight. Potentially only 1.5 games behind CAVS.

Comment

• It's hard to get excited by a game against the Nets, with the Raptors having demonstrated that they are now taking care of lower seeded teams. On the other hand, what franchise best mark will someone on the team exceed tonight? Aside from Demarr who will be exceeding a franchise best mark for scoring every game now for the rest of his career. That is pretty remarkable and completely unpredictable the year he got drafted.

Chance for Casey to play with his lineups a little maybe.

Comment

• This game should be over by half time.

Comment

Working...
                                X