Raptor Lineups you'd like to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor Lineups you'd like to see

Ok, I'm reviving this thread after deleting it in frustration because certain posters (you know who you are), turned it into yet another Demar vs. JV, love/hate/bickering cesspool.

Against the Knicks yesterday we saw one of the lineups I've been waiting for:

Lowry / Ross / Powell / Carroll / Bebe

Four 3-pt shooters + a lob threat (Bebe) with potentially good perimeter defense + rim protection. The only downside would be overall interior toughness & rebounding, but I think that lineup did alright. But yes, it was the Knicks.

Everyone welcome to post their lineup ideas (....except Christian, special1, DanH & Lupe. lol.)

Well drat! Hoisted by my own petard once again!

Not that I have anything original to add anyway.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I wanna see what delon can do in any lineup Cojo plays in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        Ok, I'm reviving this thread after deleting it in frustration because certain posters (you know who you are), turned it into yet another Demar vs. JV, love/hate/bickering cesspool.

Against the Knicks yesterday we saw one of the lineups I've been waiting for:

Lowry / Ross / Powell / Carroll / Bebe

Four 3-pt shooters + a lob threat (Bebe) with potentially good perimeter defense + rim protection. The only downside would be overall interior toughness & rebounding, but I think that lineup did alright. But yes, it was the Knicks.

Everyone welcome to post their lineup ideas (....except Christian, special1, DanH & Lupe. lol.)
        Along similar lines, there's another line up that I wouldn't mind seeing in limited minutes (due to the rebounding issue):

Lowry / Ross / Powell / Carroll / Patterson

The other issue with this line up is that, even in limited minutes, it runs the risk of traps for Lowry (would require Ross and Powell becoming significantly more comfortable dribbling/passing) but a 5 out line up could be absolutely vicious.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Pretty excited to see Wright play again. Want to see how he operates with DD (instead of CoJo) in any combination. Joseph/DD has the worst 2-man lineup on the team (net rating of -57). Yet they play a significant amount of time together.

Comment

Lowry-DeRozan-Powell-Ross-Carroll-Sullinger-Nogueira-Valanciunas

That would be awesome

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
              Along similar lines, there's another line up that I wouldn't mind seeing in limited minutes (due to the rebounding issue):

Lowry / Ross / Powell / Carroll / Patterson

The other issue with this line up is that, even in limited minutes, it runs the risk of traps for Lowry (would require Ross and Powell becoming significantly more comfortable dribbling/passing) but a 5 out line up could be absolutely vicious.
              That was actually my preferred lineup to see and Casey tried it when Patterson came back and it didn't work that well, but 2Pat was playing pretty bad and was obviously still hurt.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                Lowry-DeRozan-Powell-Ross-Carroll-Sullinger-Nogueira-Valanciunas

That would be awesome
                Spacing might be one issue.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I'd like to see the Lowry plus bench unit with Sullinger instead of bebe. The unit with bebe is already very effective but their defensive rebounding is pretty bad.
                  I feel like with sully in there this lineup would be beastly.

Comment

Right now, the lineup I'd most like to see as soon as possible. is Lowry-Wright-Ross-Sullinger-Bebe.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Right now, the lineup I'd most like to see as soon as possible. is Lowry-Wright-Ross-Sullinger-Bebe.
                      That's a good one. Perimeter D. Rim-protection. Penetration. Lob threat. Floor spacers. Rebounding.

Delon's lack of a 3-pt shot could be a problem, though. And it'll be awhile for both Wright & Sully to be up to game speed.

But this is what I'm talking about, folks.

Comment

What about something like:

Wright / DeRozan / Ross / Patterson / JV

I'm trying to think of a good non-Lowry line up to run.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                          What about something like:

Wright / DeRozan / Ross / Patterson / JV

I'm trying to think of a good non-Lowry line up to run.
                          Not enough 3-pt shooting. I'd experiment with DeMar as the defacto PG (ala Harden) and have Powell as the secondary ball handler instead of Wright. Also consider putting in Sullinger for JV and voila.... you have 4 floor spacers around DeMar.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            Not enough 3-pt shooting. I'd experiment with DeMar as the defacto PG (ala Harden) and have Powell as the secondary ball handler instead of Wright. Also consider putting in Sullinger for JV and voila.... you have 4 floor spacers around DeMar.
                            I was thinking along those lines since neither CoJo or Wright appear to be threats beyond the arc but I also don't think Demar's good enough to be the primary ball carrier to make the attempt worthwhile. I THINK Wright was the better 3 pointer shooter between him and CoJo so I went with him there.

Did not consider Sullinger at the 5; that might work to get some extra shooting in there.

Comment

I'd still like to see a Lowry-Ross-Carroll-Patterson-JV lineup. Lots of 3pt shooting, great defense, solid rebounding, position-less wing/forwards gives great flexibility especially on the defensive end.

Comment

Working...
                              X