Raptor Lineups you'd like to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    I don't think Powell's ball-handling is quite ready for NBA level pressure. Casey would lose confidence in him after 2 turnovers. Low turnovers are one of the core principles of Casey's offense.
    CoJo is a worse playmaker than DeRozan. 19.2 AST% with 11.3 TOV% and 13.4% last year (19.3 AST%). DeMar has had a higher AST% and much lower TOV% the past two years and nobody's going to mistake him for a PG. Even when DeMar's handles weren't as good as they were now his TOV% was always at or below 10%.

Give Powell a chance in the position and develop his PG skills. He's not good at small forward. He could be an absolute danger at the 1/2 off the bench. If we want to maximize what we're going to get out of Powell that's where he'll play. CoJo is practically a "shooting guard" anyway in terms of style and attributes, just undersized.

CoJo could be used to get us help at another position in a trade, while also lowering our salary commitments for an offseason where we are almost certainly going into the luxury tax.

Comment

Lowry-Powell-Ross-2Pat-Bebe
      Powell-DeMar-Ross-2Pat-Bebe

These are the 2 DeMar/Lowry + Bench units I want to see. Yeah the Lowry+Bench unit is already one of the best in the league, but it's only average on the defensive end and aside from Bebe not giving a damn about rebounding, a big part of that is CoJo's defense or lack thereof. Too small to cover the 2-guards effectively for Lowry, and overall his d has been mediocre anyway. You give Powell that job instead and that problem is corrected.

Ditto for DeMar, CoJo is a terrible fit with him. Can't guard the better backcourt player well, doesn't really do anything off the ball either. It's not like CoJo is playing like Steve Nash in these lineups either. Doesn't really create a whole lot for others and lacks the at least 2:1 ast%/to% rate you'd expect from a decent PG.

Comment

Lupe wrote: View Post

These are the 2 DeMar/Lowry + Bench units I want to see. Yeah the Lowry+Bench unit is already one of the best in the league, but it's only average on the defensive end and aside from Bebe not giving a damn about rebounding, a big part of that is CoJo's defense or lack thereof. Too small to cover the 2-guards effectively for Lowry, and overall his d has been mediocre anyway. You give Powell that job instead and that problem is corrected.

Ditto for DeMar, CoJo is a terrible fit with him. Can't guard the better backcourt player well, doesn't really do anything off the ball either. It's not like CoJo is playing like Steve Nash in these lineups either. Doesn't really create a whole lot for others and lacks the at least 2:1 ast%/to% rate you'd expect from a decent PG.
        Cojos ast/to is 2.7 which btw is higher than Lowry's although i don't really even like the stat to begin with.

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
          Cojos ast/to is 2.7 which btw is higher than Lowry's although i don't really even like the stat to begin with.
          Never mind. You said ast percentage to turnover percentage. My bad.

Comment

This thread is back with a vengeance. The potential new combinations with Serge and PJ are mouth watering. Have at it.

Comment

Lupe wrote: View Post

Great post Lupe!

Comment

Lowry-DeRozan-Tucker-Ibaka-JV

Lowry-DeRozan-Tucker-Patterson-Ibaka

Lowry-Powell-DeRozan-Tucker-Ibaka

Powell-DeRozan-Tucker-Patterson-Ibaka

Lowry-Powell-DeRozan-Ibaka-JV

Lowry-Powell-Carroll-Tucker-Ibaka

Edit: I feel like I'm making fantasy line-ups...
                Last edited by c-troop; Sat Feb 25, 2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

The Length lineup:

Powell-Wright-Bruno-Ibaka-Bebe

I haven't checked any numbers to support this idea and some of you will no doubt shoot it down with your facts and common sense, but think about that length!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

The "You will never score" lineup

Kyle
                    Powell
                    Tucker
                    Patterson
                    Ibaka

Comment

The Scrawny Toothpicks (Raptors Historical Edition)

Jose Calderon
                      Pape Sow
                      Zan Tabak
                      Sean Marks
                      Ed Davis

Comment

Ibaka
                        Patterson
                        Tucker
                        DeRozan
                        Lowry

or

Ibaka
                        Tucker
                        Carroll/Powell
                        DeRozan
                        Lowry
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lowry
                          DeMar
                          Carroll
                          Ibaka
                          JV

Comment

Wright-Tucker-2Pat-Ibaka-JV

Super big
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Lowry-CoJo-Norm-Tucker-Ibaka
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Ibaka is the only player in every lineup so far. Was that a great pickup or what?

Comment

Working...
                                X