Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Results 261 to 278 of 278

Thread: Game 43: Toronto Raptors 78 - Charlotte Hornets 113

  1. #261
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    5,961
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I wasn't upset that we lost to the Sixers, but this one. I know it's tough to play in Charlotte, but this is just ridiculous.
    Yep. Team completely folded with about a minute left in the 2nd quarter

  2. #262
    Raptors Republic Starter The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ISO joe Johnson

  3. #263
    Raptors Republic Superstar Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    well grades of F all round tonight.... its only one game but it was wet stinking dog shit tonight.

    good night from Charlotte...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jan 20th, 2017 at 09:19 PM.

  4. #264
    Raptors Republic Starter The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not until Derozan and Casey are both here, we will see the same agonizing type of basketball every year

  5. #265
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    one thing that has constantly bothered me about this team is that there has never been a third guy offensively who has been able to get on a consistent level. If you look at the talent level and read the newspaper articles about the work ethic of these guys that should seem very odd. But looking at the way the team plays to basically maximize 2 players outputs, not so surprising in the end i guess. Matt and Jack are constantly talking about "who's gonna be the third guy?", well, the answer is nobody if you don't foster it in your system.

  6. Like Scraptor liked this post
  7. #266
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Raps social account got jokes



  8. #267
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Soo.. Sixers won again.

  9. #268
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Soo.. Sixers won again.
    Ilyasova would have been nice in Raps uniform. BCo picked him up for a song. welp.

  10. #269
    Raptors Republic Veteran TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    8,949
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Soo.. Sixers won again.
    Embiid hurt again. Damn.

  11. #270
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    5,961
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    one thing that has constantly bothered me about this team is that there has never been a third guy offensively who has been able to get on a consistent level. If you look at the talent level and read the newspaper articles about the work ethic of these guys that should seem very odd. But looking at the way the team plays to basically maximize 2 players outputs, not so surprising in the end i guess. Matt and Jack are constantly talking about "who's gonna be the third guy?", well, the answer is nobody if you don't foster it in your system.
    Yeeeup

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Ilyasova would have been nice in Raps uniform. BCo picked him up for a song. welp.
    Doubt that

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Embiid hurt again. Damn.
    76ers just taking precautions. Apparently Joel said he was okay

  12. #271
    Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Missed the game but wow I will take the blame for this one. Hopefully someone with better luck can put up the thread for Sunday's game vs Phoenix. Should be a laugher but they have a pretty explosive backcourt and some other pesky pieces.

  13. #272
    Raptors Republic Superstar hotfuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    3,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Scraptor, y u do dis?
    "Stay steamy"

    - Kobe

  14. #273
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    9,854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, that was rough. Oh well, on to the next one. Regroup and take back that win against PHX we dropped on the road. Really hoping Pat gets right soon. BeBe too, want a look at Sully at PF.

  15. #274
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Missed the game but wow I will take the blame for this one. Hopefully someone with better luck can put up the thread for Sunday's game vs Phoenix. Should be a laugher but they have a pretty explosive backcourt and some other pesky pieces.
    Nah Scraptor, you're good.

    Trump's 1st executive order was about Toronto Raptors. Eliminate non-American teams from American league.


  16. Like Scraptor liked this post
  17. #275
    Super Moderator Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    12,940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    1.5 games up on Boston, 3 up on Atlanta. This team needs to stop focusing on Cleveland and start taking care of business. This season doesn't look like an inevitable ECF rematch to me but I get the feeling that the players are counting on it.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

  18. Like Scraptor liked this post
  19. #276
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9,225
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    1.5 games up on Boston, 3 up on Atlanta. This team needs to stop focusing on Cleveland and start taking care of business. This season doesn't look like an inevitable ECF rematch to me but I get the feeling that the players are counting on it.
    Agreed.

  20. #277
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,529
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This game felt like a scheduled loss before it started. Not having Bebe and 2Pat in the line up hurts. CoJo continues to stink it up on the defensive end.. and Powell is starting to look more like a 2nd rounder than a hot prospect. And Lowry has lots his mojo.

    Charlotte has great rebounders, Raptors don't. There were so many second opportunities (although those Tony Brothers phantom fouls didn't help). Then Kemba switched to God Mode.

    It'll be interesting to see who the Raptors end up facing in the first round. It could be the Bulls.. could be the Hornets. Could even be the Bucks with Middleton back. Probably going to be a lot of angst going into the playoffs again this year.

  21. #278
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Raps always have trouble against Charlotte and Phoenix for some reason.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •