Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Game 44: Phoenix Suns 115 - Toronto Raptors 103

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    As you point out, it's an example of putting other players in a position to fail in order to put Kyle and DeMar in the best position to maximize their offense.
    Very True. It seems like the other player's strength is not being maximized and in some ways, other players are as you said are put " in a position to fail" for KL and DD to shine !!!

KL and DD are hijacking this team and taking opportunity away from JV and Sully and ...

Time to stop it ...

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Very True. It seems like the other player's strength is not being maximized and in some ways, other players are as you said are put " in a position to fail" for KL and DD to shine !!!

KL and DD are hijacking this team and taking opportunity away from JV and Sully and ...

Time to stop it ...
    Fortunately, that trend reversed itself in the playoffs last year and the 'other' guys stepped up. Except that Lowry and DD put themselves in that position to fail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    Sure he's okay from the corner but he absolutely should not be sitting out there actively seeking a 3. He's not good enough for that. If he finds himself out there in the flow of the offense every other game then sure, why not. But right now almost 40% of his FGA are threes (same as Powell; which blows his last year rate of 13% away). I don't care where he's shooting from, that's unacceptable.

I agree though that he should be short rolling more often. That's what I was envisioning when he signed here.. This version that's got the green light to shoot from deep is boiling my blood lol.
    This team isn't properly built for Casey's "system". Its clear he wants a guard driven offense surrounded by shooters and a strong rim protector, but the problem is he is trying to turn players who are not shooters into shooters. Basically what the Cavs have except they have the personnel for it. Kyrie and Lebron are the 2 main ball handlers, and they are surrounded by shooters (Love, Frye, Korver, Jefferson, Smith, Shumpert and so on), and a solid defensive C in Thompson.

If Sullinger continues to pick and pop or just stand around the perimeter, watching Lowry or DD do their thing, you're moving him away from his strengths. He should be used as a roller/rebounder with the occasional open 3 point shot, don't turn him into Patterson.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    Sure he's okay from the corner but he absolutely should not be sitting out there actively seeking a 3. He's not good enough for that. If he finds himself out there in the flow of the offense every other game then sure, why not. But right now almost 40% of his FGA are threes (same as Powell; which blows his last year rate of 13% away). I don't care where he's shooting from, that's unacceptable.

I agree though that he should be short rolling more often. That's what I was envisioning when he signed here.. This version that's got the green light to shoot from deep is boiling my blood lol.
    Depends who he is out there with. Can't have BeBe away from the ball much, defence can cheat a lot. I like Sully in the corner or the short corner with BeBe being the primary screener with bench units. If Sully is on with JV, he can operate from the corner or be the screen setter, with JV sitting in the short corner for a cut or a short midrange jumper (that last option could really save the Raps offence when teams blitz our guards on screen plays - quick pass to Sully at the top of the free throw circle, then Sully/JV go 2-on-1 with only smalls helping). Could work with PP too.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    This team isn't properly built for Casey's "system". Its clear he wants a guard driven offense surrounded by shooters and a strong rim protector, but the problem is he is trying to turn players who are not shooters into shooters. Basically what the Cavs have except they have the personnel for it. Kyrie and Lebron are the 2 main ball handlers, and they are surrounded by shooters (Love, Frye, Korver, Jefferson, Smith, Shumpert and so on), and a solid defensive C in Thompson.

If Sullinger continues to pick and pop or just stand around the perimeter, watching Lowry or DD do their thing, you're moving him away from his strengths. He should be used as a roller/rebounder with the occasional open 3 point shot, don't turn him into Patterson.
    Any time i see the words "Casey" and "system" in the same sentence it's hard not to laugh...almost harder not to cry...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

6. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Any time i see the words "Casey" and "system" in the same sentence it's hard not to laugh...almost harder not to cry...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Because it never gets old

11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread Information