Page 1046 of 1702 FirstFirst ... 46 546 946 996 1036 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1056 1096 1146 1546 ... LastLast
Results 20,901 to 20,920 of 34022

Thread: Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Raptors Republic Starter slamdunk23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Honestly, I want Boston in the playoffs. We can beat this team.
    Agree. I would much rather face them than the wizards. The Wiz will be able to play their starting 5 huge mins in the playoffs which will be scary.

Also I am so pissed with Carroll. I'm getting used to the missed 3's and layups but his defense has been terrible too. He over commits so much, chasing who ever he is supposed to guard without communicating. So many plays late in the 4th he would leave his man wide open to go help on another player when he doesn't need to. Also he fell asleep on defense and allowed Brown to go for an easy alley-opp late in the game which is just inexcusable.

2. Like Carlos Rogers, tDotted liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Forgot about him. Is he ready?

One explanation could be that Cory and Carroll are trade bait and the Raps need to at least play them as if they're consistent minutes rotation players, up until the trade deadline.
    He's already played a few games in the D-League (more than you can say for Sully) and he looked just fine and it's not like we need 30 mins out of him. Maybe just take even 10-12 mins but that's more time with Corey off the court and really this isn't all just about how bad Joseph is, Delon can ball. The kid damn near a 30 PER and played at a level similar to Denzel Valentine (although DV was a better shooter, DW was a MUCH better defender). While it may sound a bit much, I think a player like Wright is what the Cavs are looking for....a distributor and great defender. We have it and just squander it on the bench because he's "not a vet".

But I sure as hell hope what you're saying is the case although I highly doubt it as Casey played these guys this way last year too even Carroll looked slow as hell (and still garbage) after his return from a bad injury. I can only pray that Masai forces Casey's hand by trading them both away.

4. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful who you ask for.... I remember fans wanted Washington in 2014-15 playoffs.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, I want the Cuntics in the playoffs. Beating them would mean as much as making the ECF to me.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Be careful who you ask for.... I remember fans wanted Washington in 2014-15 playoffs.....

Washington will beat us this year mate... if they figure out road stuff.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    He was able to get all the way to the lay-up time-after-time last season. Either other teams have figured him out, or Cory has lost a step in some way.
    I would say that teams have figured him out. Cory is fairly predictable and doesn' t have too many counter moves on his drives other than the step back fade-away. He doesn't have a great first step or cross-over move, and he doesn't shoot enough 3's to make defenders will play up on him. Raps have gotten a lot of exposure the last year, so with more winning comes better scouting and game-planning.

Raptors Republic Superstar hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering how much demar and Lowry struggle in playoffs, I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable going up against ANY playoff team in the East.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Considering how much demar and Lowry struggle in playoffs, I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable going up against ANY playoff team in the East.
    Well unfortunately the rules state we have to play SOMEBODY to qualify for playoff "wins". So yeah, I wanna get Boston (in round 2).

We're still gonna get 2nd seed. It's just tough right now. The raps WERE slumping, but honestly the last 6 games have been: 1 dominant raps win and 5 nail biter last-play finishes, and we're 2-4. That's without the nba 4th leading scorer demar. This team will come around. There's a lot of pride and a lot of talent too.
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

11. Like GOLDBLUM liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Slumping? they're 8-11 in their last 19 games.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but watch trends. They're 8-11 yeah but they've had 4 heartbreakers in the last 6 games, they could easily be 6-0 or realistically 4-2 the last 6 and it's a whole different story. I suspect if demar had played in all 6 we would have won 4 or 5, not 2. This team is better tan the '15 squad. These guys have powell and joseph, say what you want about cojo those 2 are better on d than lou and greivis. Ross was our starting sf, and bebe is a far better rim protector than anything on that squad, Hayes handsbro and younger jonas.

Am I concerned? Yes. But I've also seen a turnaround the last 7 to 10 days from before. No way this team doesn't get shit together when demar gets back, whether it's before or after the all star break I have faith they get their swagger back
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

14. Like Raptor Jesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    And 2-7 in their last 9 games.

Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slamdunk23 wrote: View Post

Also I am so pissed with Carroll. I'm getting used to the missed 3's and layups but his defense has been terrible too. He over commits so much, chasing who ever he is supposed to guard without communicating. So many plays late in the 4th he would leave his man wide open to go help on another player when he doesn't need to. Also he fell asleep on defense and allowed Brown to go for an easy alley-opp late in the game which is just inexcusable.
    Yup!! I honestly don't think I've hated any Raptor as much as him. First he falls asleep against Brown then he walks off Thomas to go guard Crowder. Check and mate. Disgraceful

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    Yup!! I honestly don't think I've hated any Raptor as much as him. First he falls asleep against Brown then he walks off Thomas to go guard Crowder. Check and mate. Disgraceful

That was so stupid. I mean, seriously, why the hell would you leave ISAIAH THOMAS alone? Powell is already guarding Crowder. There's no need to double team him. And I don't think Powell needs any help.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't. Once they have Avery Bradley back that gives them two very good perimeter defenders (Crowder/Smart) to pair on the court at all times.

Bradley is also scoring 17.7 PPG with 6.9 RPG and is considered a DPOY candidate (although unlikely to win). That gives the Celtics much better versatility to guard Demar and Kyle and Demar coming back doesn't help us stop IT - to which we have no answer.

We could certainly beat them but they could certainly beat us. Not a team I'd want to play.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For a solid 2+ years I would turn on the TV in the 4th quarter, and we're down 10 and I'd have the full confidence that we'd still win. That is no longer the case. The Raptors have once again become the team where I would turn on the TV in the 3rd quarter and the Raptors could be up and I would still expect a loss.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post

We wanted WAS because we thought we could beat them.

I want BOS this year because I want the pleasure of seeing their season end at the hands of our guys. There's no easy matchup in the 2nd round, but that would be one heck of a series (that, indeed, I believe we would win, but that's kind of secondary).

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post

I want BOS this year because I want the pleasure of seeing their season end at the hands of our guys. There's no easy matchup in the 2nd round, but that would be one heck of a series (that, indeed, I believe we would win, but that's kind of secondary).
    The way we're playing, there's no easy matchup in the 1st round either.

Post Thanks / Like

This game was as stacked as it could be against the Raps, and the Celtics barely held on. Road game, back to back (after OT), Patterson minutes limit, crappy reffing, no DeMar, cold shooting from 3 and from the line (those aren't shots the defence is affecting).

Oh, well. Scheduled loss, and we'll make up the ground to take 2nd back over the next 10 games.

23. Like Mapko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The way we're playing, there's no easy matchup in the 1st round either.
    You mean if DD is hurt? And Pat is, or on a minutes limit? And Casey goes insane for stretches with his rotation (yeah, that one could definitely happen). Yeah, I agree.

I'm not seeing the big concerns everyone else seems to be, though. This team should be the easy favourite in a first round matchup if they are healthy.

25. Like KeonClark, Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post

This is the second round matchup ...Raps are going to finish 2 or 3. Be nice to have the home court but it will be good either way..

Boston is Isiah Thomas..period..the end..full stop. If the Raps cant neutralize one guy in a series they can plan for they deserve to lose.

Thread Information