Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Game 49: New Orleans Pelicans 106 - Toronto Raptors 108

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched more of that LBJ barkley drama. Man I can't stand lebron. I also can't stand durant which sucks, cause now I'm basically hoping pop and kawhi can come up with a miracle upset in june
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good win, showed some much needed mental toughness despite all the mistakes. It's no small feat to limit Davis the way we did, so kudos to our bigs.

3. Like SkywalkerAC liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I think you're arguing about whether a team is good over a season whereas I'm talking about playing for a single night, I'm obviously not suggesting the Pelicans are overall a good team in the grand scheme of things, but they have shown the ability to beat good teams recently so it's not like this was going to be a cake walk.
    Your single leg to stand on is they got the Spurs and a very badly slumping Cavs team....and ignoring they are still only 4-6 in their last 10. This not some team catching fire like the Heat or to a lesser degree the Sixers. Good teams can still have an off night and lose to them yes.

But let's not act like 1. the Pelicans are a tough team because yes they are a garbage lottery team and are STILL playing at a relatively low level as indicated by their record in the last 10 and 2. this is more about OUR play and how tough we make this look to win games even against bad teams. We have looked terrible the past few weeks (doesn't mean we are a bad team) and my original statement was about how hard it seems for us just to get a W against a bad team (which they most certainly are). You made as if it's not a true statement when it is.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    i thought it did
    It's really hard to tell on the angle we got, but it did look like it mostly bounced inbounds. Still a terrible call. The whistle was quite late. That makes it much more questionable to make that call, because it makes it feel like the ref didn't see the play but blew his whistle for some reason.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyle fucking Lowry.

He's probably the only reason I forgiven BC for drafting Bargnani.

7. Like Just Is, tDotted, KeonClark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Kyle fucking Lowry.

For the most part, that's how you"trade for an all star". You find one undervalued that isn't an all star yet but you see something special in. That's how the spurs got kawhi, that's how Boston got Thomas. Masai needs to pull off one of those
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

9. Like Nilanka, tDotted, c-troop liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Kyle fucking Lowry.

took raps at -1.5! PHEW!!!!!

11. Like rocwell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    took raps at -1.5! PHEW!!!!!
    Haha. Good for you mate.

I kinda expected "a runaway" start for the Raptors. Took -4 Raps 1st half. I never chase back losses, so didn't take +9.5 Raps at half time

I must have such a bad record when I bet on the Raptors... Fuck my heart. lol.
    Last edited by rocwell; Tue Jan 31st, 2017 at 10:35 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So CoJo was a -18 with 3 assists, 1 turnover and 2 points on 1/6 shooting. Guy is garbage. I think it's the system.. only thing that makes any sense, but man.. how can he be worse than GV? At least GV could score and give you some Yolo moments.. he was the guy that scored the game tying shot in game 1 against Washington. Got spanked in OT but he still helped us get us there. I'm afraid anytime I see CoJo get into the game.

Casey is too stubborn to fix it (we have two capable PG's rotting on the bench).. . we need Masai to force his hand. We can just duck tape his mouth, hands and feet up and just ship him back to San Antonio.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Carroll was annoying to watch too.. but at least he's working hard. I have no idea what CoJo does on this team anymore other than help us lose.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually pretty happy with this win. Not a great opponent, but they can be dangerous, they've knocked off several good teams this year. Fantastic job by JV all game both on Davis and in help situations, plus providing some scoring punch. BeBe too, for the most part. Powell stepped up, again. Of course. And KLOE, as ever. Overcame some sloppy play late in the game to close it out. Carroll was solid defensively (we won't discuss the other end), Patterson was his usual self. Joseph and Ross laid a couple eggs. Siakam looked pretty good too, actually.

By the way, totally taking all the credit for this win. With the exception of CoJo playing too much, Casey actually did a lot of what I suggested in my WOWY thread. It was surreal - Siakam in with BeBe (without bringing him in early to play with JV), good starting lineup, the Powell+bench unit I'd hoped they'd experiment with. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

16. Like GOLDBLUM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Actually pretty happy with this win. Not a great opponent, but they can be dangerous, they've knocked off several good teams this year. Fantastic job by JV all game both on Davis and in help situations, plus providing some scoring punch. BeBe too, for the most part. Powell stepped up, again. Of course. And KLOE, as ever. Overcame some sloppy play late in the game to close it out. Carroll was solid defensively (we won't discuss the other end), Patterson was his usual self. Joseph and Ross laid a couple eggs. Siakam looked pretty good too, actually.

By the way, totally taking all the credit for this win. With the exception of CoJo playing too much, Casey actually did a lot of what I suggested in my WOWY thread. It was surreal - Siakam in with BeBe (without bringing him in early to play with JV), good starting lineup, the Powell+bench unit I'd hoped they'd experiment with. Everything's coming up Milhouse!
    Casey is reading RR. There's no other explanation.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Carroll was annoying to watch too.. but at least he's working hard. I have no idea what CoJo does on this team anymore other than help us lose.
    Ya, night and day compared to last year. I cringe every time he attempts a drive. A badly missed shot (or turnover) is almost guaranteed.

Post Thanks / Like

We won? lol wtf how? we were down 15 and looked absolutely dead in the 2nd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Kyle Lowry. Also JV played great. The refs tried to hose us late in the game, should have been over in regulation

21. Like TRex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

23. Like TRex liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    So CoJo was a -18 with 3 assists, 1 turnover and 2 points on 1/6 shooting. Guy is garbage. I think it's the system.. only thing that makes any sense, but man.. how can he be worse than GV? At least GV could score and give you some Yolo moments.. he was the guy that scored the game tying shot in game 1 against Washington. Got spanked in OT but he still helped us get us there. I'm afraid anytime I see CoJo get into the game.

Casey is too stubborn to fix it (we have two capable PG's rotting on the bench).. . we need Masai to force his hand. We can just duck tape his mouth, hands and feet up and just ship him back to San Antonio.
    He was able to get all the way to the lay-up time-after-time last season. Either other teams have figured him out, or Cory has lost a step in some way.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    He was able to get all the way to the lay-up time-after-time last season. Either other teams have figured him out, or Cory has lost a step in some way.
    I would say that teams have figured him out. Cory is fairly predictable and doesn' t have too many counter moves on his drives other than the step back fade-away. He doesn't have a great first step or cross-over move, and he doesn't shoot enough 3's to make defenders will play up on him. Raps have gotten a lot of exposure the last year, so with more winning comes better scouting and game-planning.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread Information