Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: Game 50: Toronto Raptors 104 - Boston Celtics 109

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want Celtics in the playoffs so bad.

And I don't even care if they're better.

Just imagine series with them. WOW.

2. Like Just Is, DanH liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

Great stuff. The only reason for keeping Carroll on this team is a potential dreadlocks brawl with Crowder.

Sad thing is that the Raps are now only 2 games in the loss column ahead of the Pacers. WTF. We're racing for 5th!

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

He says, begging the universe for karmic retribution.

What's that Isaiah, you snuck out a last minute win against a team missing their top scorer on the road on a back to back after an overtime game?

I can't wait to smash these guys in the playoffs, though a nice ass-kicking right after the all star break will tide me over.

5. Like NoPropsneeded, Just Is, KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Great stuff. The only reason for keeping Carroll on this team is a potential dreadlocks brawl with Crowder.

Sad thing is that the Raps are now only 2 games in the loss column ahead of the Pacers. WTF. We're racing for 5th!
    Relax. Team will get healthy, schedule is easing up big time. We'll be back in 2nd before you know it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Relax. Team will get healthy, schedule is easing up big time. We'll be back in 2nd before you know it.
    I dunno, January's schedule wasn't exactly murderers row. Other than two games vs the Spurs, and maybe the Rockets game (which we won) then we didn't really face any elites and had quite a few cream puff matches.

We played a lot of teams we should have beaten and didn't. If the team doesn't start taking care of business, then February could be much more of the same.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I dunno, January's schedule wasn't exactly murderers row. Other than two games vs the Spurs, and maybe the Rockets game (which we won) then we didn't really face any elites and had quite a few cream puff matches.

We played a lot of teams we should have beaten and didn't. If the team doesn't start taking care of business, then February could be much more of the same.
    With injuries to Pat (plus minutes restrictions of late) and DD, trying to work a useless Sully into the rotation, and some temporary (hopefully) insanity with respect to frontcourt pairings, the suppressed record of late is understandable. Hopefully most of that is behind us.

Pretty sure we lost that Rockets game. Cream puffs in Jan: Lakers (W), Nets (W), Knicks (W), Nets (W), 6ers (L), Suns (L), Bucks (W), Magic (L), Pelicans (W). That's 6-3 against creampuffs. And you are right, that's disappointing, but that's not exactly terrible either.

Then there were a bunch of games against real competition (teams ranging from within shouting distance of .500 and a playoff spot to elites): Spurs (L), Bulls (L), Rockets (L), Celtics (W), Hornets (L), Spurs (L), Grizz (L), Celtics (L). 1-7 against real competition is where the injuries and terribleness has really shown itself.

Which is why the record should turn around nicely over the next stretch, especially as Pat increases his minutes, Sully gets into better shape (and if he played mostly off the bench, he's much better there), and DeRozan returns. Look at this murderers' row:

ORL, BKN, LAC, MIN, DET, CHI, CHA, BOS, POR, NYK. That's 5 creampuffs, only 2 games against top teams (BOS and LAC), and 3 games against mediocre teams (but who have a combined record 7 games below .500). Plus plenty of rest over all star break to really help with injury recovery. Compare that to 9 creampuffs, 6 games against elites, and 2 games against the mushy middle last month.

Obviously the team needs to play better, but that's about as favourable a schedule as you could ask for.

Raptors Republic All-Star Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I want Celtics in the playoffs so bad.

And I don't even care if they're better.

Just imagine series with them. WOW.
    Agreed. I want them in the second round. And I want to sweep them.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy
    "We Ride with Lowry. We Die with Derozan" - Golden

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post

Last Spurs game was a pretty bad loss since they were missing 3 starters: Kawhi, Parker & Gasol.

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Just Is wrote: View Post
    Agreed. I want them in the second round. And I want to sweep them.
    I'm not super concerned about the Celtics as they are right now.

I am concerned about what they might become if they trade that Nets pick.

That pick might be the wildcard of the eastern playoffs this year.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I'm not super concerned about the Celtics as they are right now.

I am concerned about what they might become if they trade that Nets pick.

That pick might be the wildcard of the eastern playoffs this year.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pree sure we have a 3 day break sometime before all star weekend. I expect the raps to come off that break and go on a nice win streak before the all star weekend and secure the 2nd spot once more.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Pree sure we have a 3 day break sometime before all star weekend. I expect the raps to come off that break and go on a nice win streak before the all star weekend and secure the 2nd spot once more.
    Next Wednesday we play the Wolves then don't play until Sunday.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    If a person was to compare schedules. Which teams would you include that would threaten a second place finish? Boston,washington,atlanta,indy any deeper than that?
    Last edited by rightsideup; Fri Feb 3rd, 2017 at 05:48 PM.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread Information