Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    I know .... I was thinking the same. Really wanted to see how'd they play without Demar and I'm so disappointed. Lowry looks gassed already..... another tough night another tough loss.
    He's playing the 2nd most minutes in the league (only LBJ with more).

Hence why LeBron is crying all the time for more help. He knows he'll be physically broken down by the Finals and Lowry is nowhere near the physical specimen or shape that LBJ is in.

We already seen him break down by year end when he was younger and playing less minutes.

Nor will we have homecourt advantage....this is looking like an epic meltdown ahead.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      When Ra's al ghul speaks, you listen.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        With Demar we are still trying to go over the hump.

Short term memory loss? Cavs/Spurs/ Warriors losses ?
        I'm trying to make sense of your point..... are you comparing contenders to the Magic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I never realized GLF had a twin brother on this board.

Shitty loss but we were missing two of our best players. We're simply not deep or good enough to overcome that kind of adversity.

Comment

• this is depressing

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              I never realized GLF had a twin brother on this board.

Shitty loss but we were missing two of our best players. We're simply not deep or good enough to overcome that kind of adversity.
              It's the collective losses. In a vacuum this game is excusable. But nobodies in the mood for excuses at 8-12 in the last 20
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Game 51: Toronto @ Orlando, February 3rd 7PM

I used to think jv could average 20/10 on GOOD efficiency if he was put in the right situation

But HELL no. He's a good third/fourth option at best. (Basically what he does when dd is healthy)

Ever since derozan went downs he's supposto to be the guy tht stepped up and showed everybody he needs the ball more.

But he's continually shit the bed. He can't be relied on late to be the go to guy, his effieciency has plummeted, and he's average defensively

He had 18 points on 17 shots wtf. Your a big man, not demar derozan from 2009-2014

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  I never realized GLF had a twin brother on this board.

Last 5 games at home: 2-3
                  Last 5 games on the road: 0-5
                  L10 games: 2-8

It's all good y'all.

Comment

• This team is not a contender, let's hope they make the playoffs, they are on a roll,loosing ton of games, I can't believe I'm saying this, but lately they look like the Knicks..pathetic..
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I'm trying to make sense of your point..... are you comparing contenders to the Magic?

I'm trying to let you understand that even with Derozan, we are far away from beating true contenders, you can also even include the Clippers. How about their usual nemesis (Bulls and the Hornets). On all those losses, Derozan was out there Healthy and Able to practice his Coach's vision of Isolation Basketball.

Comment

• Low IQ basketball, that has been this team's culture for years under Casey.

Comment

• Lool forget about word contender. Raps are on same level as Hawks, Wizards, Boston.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Saw this on Reddit

Comment

• We struggle without DeMar because we don't have an offence guys. The way we play narrows our margin for error. That's why you want a stronger system, because that widens the margin for error so you can more easily sustain success when guys are slumping/injured. We're a pretty deep team, and while none of our backups are as good manufacturing tough iso buckets as DeMar, they all bring good things to the table offensively (Carroll being a giant piece of shit is definitely an issue at the moment though). We should be able to beat bad teams without DeMar, or at least perform better than 2-8 over this kind of stretch.

Our offence is run random plays (sometimes basically a weave in the halfcourt) to get someone the ball where they either create in iso or off a high screen. They're pseudo-iso plays where because we don't have guys with the best first step, we need high screens to try and knock the D off balance. And other than the odd play we might run for Ross to get a 3, our shooters mostly stand around stagnant, and we don't run cuts to get guys slashing to the basket because it would get in the way of our driving guards...We haven't seen much change at all over these years.

We play shitty, shitty basketball on both ends, and it's caught up to us in this stretch. We rely on our main guys to keep finding ways to score that are often far too difficult, and Casey has to be the worst defensive "defence-first" coach I've ever seen in all my years watching the NBA.

I'm just ranting, but I don't know how any person could watch Casey coach this team for all these years and see pretty much no progress on either end from a tactical standpoint. Our D only improved significantly last year with Greer. Before anyone points to the first year they made a run, remember that it took Amir playing some of his best basketball to hold that D together, and it was only good for about 2-3 months of that season and was bottom tier the rest of the time.

Anyway...I'm about ready for changes and I'd really like it if Casey was the first change made, but I don't see Masai making such a change mid-season. If we lose in the first round this year, then I'd hope it would finally happen.

Comment

I know .... I was thinking the same. Really wanted to see how'd they play without Demar and I'm so disappointed. Lowry looks gassed already..... another tough night another tough loss.

Casey's the easiest scapegoat but this team has a small margin of error. Fred Vanvleet was our best player tonight. Take that in folks.

By the same token, DeMar going out is/was also a great opportunity for Casey to show off his coaching skills. Especially for a team considered by many to be one of the deepest in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X