Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    I hope we avoid Washington in the playoffs. Very dangerous team.
    We definitely do...

Nevermind that they swept us the last time when the team was basically just a younger Wall and Beal but now they're constructed more like the modern contenders.

Meaning most of the top teams if you notice have 1 very good creator and ballhandler that can find the open man (Curry, Harden, LeBron...Wall) and then surrounds them with shooters to pitch out to.....Beal/Oubre/Porter with a fairly mobile C which could be their "weakest" link in Gortat. They are already (when healthy) becoming a scary team but if they add a better defending C they will be a heck of a team.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
      Like it or not the streak is happening
      The only negative thing about a 10 game win streak would be you talking about it forever
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        I hope we avoid Washington in the playoffs. Very dangerous team.
        2015 I wanted to face them. 2016 I really wanted to face them. Now hell no lol

Comment

• Demarcus just got screwed on a last second play against the bulls. Gets called for his second tech. TV guys announce that is his 16th meaning he is suspended for the next game against....(wait for it...who could it be?)..the C*#tics!

Comment

• That was nearly a picture perfect Raptors game. Pardon the late posting, got to this one late. Will have more thoughts in the morning. Night all.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              2015 I wanted to face them. 2016 I really wanted to face them. Now hell no lol
              Especially with this defense, Wall is going to get wherever he wants whenever he wants.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                Congratulations to Lowry on becoming the all-time Raptors leader for made 3s with 804. To put things in a bit of perspective, Jamal Crawford hit three-pointer #2000 tonight
                Uh apples and oranges dude, that doesn't put anything into perspective. Crawford has played on six different teams and is a full six years older than Kyle.

In Crawford's five seasons with the Clips he has hit 614 threes, almost two hundred fewer than Kyle in his five seasons with the Raps.

If you really want to put things into perspective, compare franchises. Utah's all-time 3 pointer leader is John Stockton with 845. Philly's is AI with 885. Miami's is Tim Hardaway with 805. Denver's is JR Smith with 765.

It's no small feat what Kyle has done.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Uh apples and oranges dude, that doesn't put anything into perspective. Crawford has played on six different teams and is a full six years older than Kyle.

In Crawford's five seasons with the Clips he has hit 614 threes, almost two hundred fewer than Kyle in his five seasons with the Raps.

If you really want to put things into perspective, compare franchises. Utah's all-time 3 pointer leader is John Stockton with 845. Philly's is AI with 885. Miami's is Tim Hardaway with 805. Denver's is JR Smith with 765.

It's no small feat what Kyle has done.
                  The all-time 3 point records look so weird because most of the top 10 players are still active. Like Jamal Crawford is number 6 and Kidd, who couldn't even shoot at the start of his career, is 7th. Even Lebron's 27th and he's not a shooter.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Demarcus just got screwed on a last second play against the bulls. Gets called for his second tech. TV guys announce that is his 16th meaning he is suspended for the next game against....(wait for it...who could it be?)..the C*#tics!
                    Luck of the Irish

Comment

• Seriously, outside of the rough start with DD taking a few minutes to get his rhythm back (he actually turned it around really quickly), and the last few when the team let off the gas with a big lead, the team looked like it was clicking big time, right? Best they've looked in ages.

If you can guess what my favourite decision by Casey was in this game, a cookie for you.

Anyway, fantastic game from DD on his first day back. The offence just runs so smoothly with him there - I imagine if given a training camp to prep for no DeMar the offence could be decent anyway, but with the system set up now, he's crucial. It looked like a huge weight came off everyone. Beautiful to see. Every tool in the toolbox on display in this one.

Speaking of which, nice to see Lowry get his shot back, and JV have a great game. JV was everywhere in this one on both ends, really nice job by him. Love seeing the team look for him throughout - it really opens up others' offence, especially with him improving his post passing seemingly by the game (perfectly timed kick out to Lowry when he had Griffin pinned in the 4th, for example). Defensive energy is top notch right now too, looking a lot like his playoff self.

With Pat still out, there was some juggling of PF's - it was a bit of a no-win situation, because a) JV should not play beside Siakam, b) JV should not play beside Sully, and c) in general, small ball lineups have been BAD for the Raps this year (especially away from Lowry). Still, team made it work today, with a spattering of BeBe at PF minutes and keeping most of the small ball to when Lowry was on the court.

This is the part of the show where I tell you that favourite move by Casey. Early in the 4th, BeBe was falling asleep on defence a few times, and real hesitant offensively, and after a few minutes, the Clips subbed Griffin in at C, going super small and spreading the floor. The obvious Casey move is to leave a struggling BeBe in, because of the defensive matchup, or bring in Sully for the same reason (obviously Pat if he was available), or even try Siakam at C (who was... OK on Griffin for stretches). But in the twist of the century, Casey does the opposite of matching up - he immediately brings JV in off the bench, creating a two way mismatch, and proceeds to pump the offence through JV - first that nice post up where he pinned Griffin and forced the help, finding a wide open Lowry for three, then the play where the handoff failed and JV decided to just take it to Griffin, hitting that nice fadeaway shot in the paint, and then another post up where he drew the foul on Griffin, all over the course of 5 or 6 possessions. Meanwhile the Clippers mostly settled for jumpers, and though they hit a few of them, the Raps pushed the lead from 14 to 19 and the game was effectively over with 6 minutes left. Gutsy, beautiful call by Casey.

Most of all I'm just happy to recognize this team again - there was a familiarity to the performance last night that has been missing for about a month.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DeMar IS the offense.

Comment

• Most of all I'm just happy to recognize this team again - there was a familiarity to the performance last night that has been missing for about a month.
                          Yes, that was definitely a comforting performance last night.

Clips are in tough without Paul. Almost like watching the Raps play without DD or Lowry..... still have good players but it's not the same.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                            Very very dangerous.
                            WSH is 8-14 on the road. Generally a bad sign.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              The only negative thing about a 10 game win streak would be you talking about it forever
                              I think I'm willing to drop a game soon to prevent that.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hey to be the negative nelly after a nice win..but at what point is it utterly ridiculous that powell isn't playing?
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X