Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    These reporters have no backbone not even mentioning JV. Toronto media is soft and unknowledgable
    Too bad I'm not a reporter, I'd be all over Casey about his terrible decisions.

Comment

• Not even a Celtics loss can make me feel better about this one. Worst game of the year all things considered.

Comment

• Wow

Comment

• If you don't like that you don't like NBA basketball!
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Thanks swear I checked it, most likely to early.

Comment

• "And we hope he gets some help"

What a ridiculous thing to say. Knicks are an embarrassment.

Bigger joke in the NBA right now? Kings or the Knicks?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                These reporters have no backbone not even mentioning JV. Toronto media is soft and unknowledgable
                It's a discussion that has been ongoing for probably three years now, one that Casey has acknowledged multiple times in the media. They probably have come to terms with the simple fact that:

Casey. Will. Not. Change.

We didn't even have Patterson tonight. When Patterson comes back, there will be even less incentive for Casey to play Jonas late.

It's simply further evidence that if we are going to keep the "Hell or High Water Three" of Casey/DD/Kyle, we should deal Jonas for better value and fit.

Comment

• At least we are not Knicks fans.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    It's a discussion that has been ongoing for probably three years now, one that Casey has acknowledged multiple times in the media. They probably have come to terms with the simple fact that:

We didn't even have Patterson tonight. When Patterson comes back, there will be even less incentive for Casey to play Jonas late.

It's simply further evidence that if we are going to keep the "Hell or High Water Three" of Casey/DD/Kyle, we should deal Jonas for better value and fit.
                    i am fairly certain that masai is not that stupid

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

But JV's fit and value are great - it's his usage that is the failing here. And I don't even mean offensive usage (though that too), I mean just getting him out there. BeBe gets Dwane all excited because he contests shots, but he's NOT a starting quality C and when he has to go out there against them the Raps basically always bleed points.

Clutch ratings are small-ish samples, so fair warning, but there's a pretty stark picture painted by the on-court ratings in the clutch for JV and BeBe.

JV: 77 clutch minutes over 24 games played, 103.1 ORTG, 91.1 DRTG, +12.1 RTG
                      LN: 39 clutch minutes over 14 games played, 95.2 ORTG, 122.7 DRTG, -27.5 RTG

Among Toronto players who have played in more than 3 clutch games, JV ranks 5th in ORTG, 1st in DRTG, 2nd in net RTG (behind, you guessed it, Patterson).

Among Toronto players who have played in more than 3 clutch games, BeBe ranks last in ORTG, last in DRTG, obviously last in net RTG.

I am such a huge fan of rolling BeBe out there in crunch time...
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Wow

"The best lob is a bad lob" - Vincent Lamar Carter

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          And if this is really all about us missing Patterson then we're really in trouble lol.
                          Agreed. Far too simplistic to put the recent poor play on Patterson alone. It's a systemic issue.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Agreed. Far too simplistic to put the recent poor play on Patterson alone. It's a systemic issue.
                            Is it? Casey's doing all sorts of stupid rotation things that he would not be doing if he had his security blanket there.

I agree that there are some bad defensive strategy choices being made, but also, a) those seem to be somewhat panic calls because Pat's not there to make the usual stuff work, and b) with Pat there the panic calls would be less disastrous.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              "And we hope he gets some help"

What a ridiculous thing to say. Knicks are an embarrassment.

Bigger joke in the NBA right now? Kings or the Knicks?

It backfired. Knicks fans and fans in general ain't havin it. Guess you could say they barked up the wrong oak tree.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Is it? Casey's doing all sorts of stupid rotation things that he would not be doing if he had his security blanket there.

I agree that there are some bad defensive strategy choices being made, but also, a) those seem to be somewhat panic calls because Pat's not there to make the usual stuff work, and b) with Pat there the panic calls would be less disastrous.
                                I see an issue with defensive effort (or lack thereof). Sure, Patterson's effort could be somewhat contagious, and his mere presence in the rotation will minimize the #caseyeffect.

But again, a lot of holes, a lot of breakdowns, and a lot of miscommunications....and we're approaching 2 months of it. Lots of bad habits that will need to be broken in a short time between now and April. This likely won't be fixed by 1 player.

Comment

Working...
                                X