Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Game 54: Toronto Raptors 109 - Minnesota Timberwolves 112

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    The best defensive frontcourt pairing is... drumroll... JV + Bebe. They've got a 95.4 DRTG in 150+ minutes together. 7 points better than even Bebe + Pat.

Where are the team's analytic guys? Why isn't this brought to the coaching staff's attention? I found that info in 2 minutes on my coach.
    JV+Bebe as a stop-gap while Pat is out should be pretty obvious by now.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Nogueira had literally ONE rebound the entire game. It was after a missed free throw by the Wolves, which is basically a gimme. Literally no rebounds off of missed FGA's for Nogueira. In 21 minutes, and basically the entire 4th Q.
    yeah he really has a issue with physical and quick people like towns but he had issues with others

Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    why should we invest time in sullinger when he (a) isn't helping at all, (b) hasn't even shown enough concern for his own career to lay off the shitty eating in 4 years, in the process costing him literally 10s of millions of dollars, and (c) is gone this summer?

At best he gives us a few useful minutes, more likely he is a total liability.
    (a) He's played in 11 games after missing 41. He's a much better player than he's shown. You can't foreclose the possibility he can help based on 11 games. (b) A total non sequitur. Has nothing to do with the next 30 games and playoffs. (c) Irrelevant. Sullinger was brought in to help this year, not in the future. Need to figure out if he can help them now.

Simply, I do not feel good about Bebe in the playoffs, which is going to leave them with major issues up front. So, if no trade is coming, then they need to shore up internally and Sullinger is the only possible way to do that. You sit him on the bench for the next 30 games and you foreclose any possibility of improving your situation. That doesn't make sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Not sure about that. Derozan being out hurt the team cause he's so critical to their success. At the moment, they are playing 5-on-4 with a blackhole at the PF spot for 48 minutes. Surely, those weigh heavily in the recent slump.

Even last night, if Lowry doesn't go 6-19 or whatever (i.e. just has a regular shooting game) they win.

There's been some questionable tactical decisions (including rotations) and some poor play from various players but I don't think it's 'systemic'.
    some of kyles shots were the in and out variety....Wiggins defense on the last shot gave him no chance what so ever

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

(a) He's played in 11 games after missing 41. He's a much better player than he's shown. You can't foreclose the possibility he can help based on 11 games. (b) A total non sequitur. Has nothing to do with the next 30 games and playoffs. (c) Irrelevant. Sullinger was brought in to help this year, not in the future. Need to figure out if he can help them now.

Simply, I do not feel good about Bebe in the playoffs, which is going to leave them with major issues up front. So, if no trade is coming, then they need to shore up internally and Sullinger is the only possible way to do that. You sit him on the bench for the next 30 games and you foreclose any possibility of improving your situation. That doesn't make sense to me.
    (b) is not a non-sequitur. the guy doesn't care, demonstrated over 4 years, how can we expect him to put in the work to get to a useful level?

And (c) is relevant because it's not like we're competing with Cleveland in this state anyways so why would we waste minutes integrating sullinger rather than developing our own assets?

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah, Dwane. The Raps were doing a great job defensively. It's not like they gave up 29 points in the 4th, including 25 points in the final 7 minutes, with a DRTG of 141 while BeBe was on the court. It's not like the Wolves scored on every one of their final 7 possessions, two of which came off of offensive rebounds.
    This is my biggest worry about this team. When you have a coach who doesn't ever see his faults and constantly does the same thing expecting different results you cant go very far. We already arent playing well. To have coach who will lose you games and make it even worse definitely doesnt help. If Casey would come out and say my bad it wont happen again kind of thing I would be cool but thats never the case with him so you cant even be optimistic. *sigh*
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly, the Raptors have forgotten the faces of their fathers.

9. Like Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    This is my biggest worry about this team. When you have a coach who doesn't ever see his faults and constantly does the same thing expecting different results you cant go very far. We already arent playing well. To have coach who will lose you games and make it even worse definitely doesnt help. If Casey would come out and say my bad it wont happen again kind of thing I would be cool but thats never the case with him so you cant even be optimistic. *sigh*
    After allowing Carroll to start every game eventually you have to realize Casey is a stubborn idiot.

Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Clearly, the Raptors have forgotten the faces of their fathers.
    Ka is a wheel
    "Oh my god man" - Jonas Valanciunas

Post Thanks / Like

Game thread is currently in progress ... nobody make one! Lol

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Not often I agree with you, but this post was the money shot.

Post Thanks / Like

bebe 's overall performance this year is a lot better than he showed in last years playoff's but there is a different level of physicality in the post season.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread Information