Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: Could Raptors Miss Playoffs?

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    A quick question --if Raps continue to lose games the should not at what point does the brass look at RESTING STARTERS ...the goal being to ensure everyone is healthy and rested going into playoffs and to AVOID DREADED 4/5 Seed. I would argue REALISTICALLY aim for 3 seed BUT if it becomes clear that is not attainable to REST STARTERS will dual purpose to be healthy AND to AVOID CAVS in second round.
    You're asking when it becomes apparent we should tank for the 6th seed?

    Um hopefully never Debbie fuckin downer lol. Let's play ball!
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can't escape the fact that Cleveland could end up in 2nd when its all over. Can only play for seeding when there are 1 or 2 games left really.. especially with the amount of parity we're seeing in the top 5/6. Raptors should try to win every game.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    You're asking when it becomes apparent we should tank for the 6th seed?

    Um hopefully never Debbie fuckin downer lol. Let's play ball!
    The ultimate goal is getting to ECF. So yes if it is clear we won't finish 3rd tank (if that's what you want to call it ) for 6/7th. Don't forget we are in this position due to losing too many games to teams we should beat.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Can't escape the fact that Cleveland could end up in 2nd when its all over. Can only play for seeding when there are 1 or 2 games left really.. especially with the amount of parity we're seeing in the top 5/6. Raptors should try to win every game.
    No chance CAVS finisish second. Period.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    No chance CAVS finisish second. Period.
    Maybe.. 3.5 games seems pretty far.. but they don't have Love, and Lebron will get some rest days. Whether they get Bogut, DWill or not.. that's a bad team without Lebron.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    The ultimate goal is getting to ECF. So yes if it is clear we won't finish 3rd tank (if that's what you want to call it ) for 6/7th. Don't forget we are in this position due to losing too many games to teams we should beat.
    So if the Raptors aren't able to stay ahead/catch up to Atlanta, Washington or Boston your recommendation is to tank so they play one of those teams in the first round without home court advantage?

    Other than the 3 games against Boston and Washington in the next week, the Raptors only play a single team with a superior record than theirs (that's a record with the Raps stumbling through the last 6 weeks due to injuries/general malaise) and that's the Cavs to end the season.
    The only other games against teams that are over .500 are vs OKC, Atlanta, Indyx2 (though the NO game will be interesting). Not guaranteeing wins of course, but come on.

    Basically my point is that if the Raps aren't able to catch up with that schedule then you shouldn't feel confident about them even winning a first round series.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    So if the Raptors aren't able to stay ahead/catch up to Atlanta, Washington or Boston your recommendation is to tank so they play one of those teams in the first round without home court advantage?

    Other than the 3 games against Boston and Washington in the next week, the Raptors only play a single team with a superior record than theirs (that's a record with the Raps stumbling through the last 6 weeks due to injuries/general malaise) and that's the Cavs to end the season.
    The only other games against teams that are over .500 are vs OKC, Atlanta, Indyx2 (though the NO game will be interesting). Not guaranteeing wins of course, but come on.

    Basically my point is that if the Raps aren't able to catch up with that schedule then you shouldn't feel confident about them even winning a first round series.
    Maybe. But I sure don't feel confident in them getting past second round. IMO the best chance to get past the second round is to finish 6/7 th. Based on the fact that KL is not playing currently re elbow issue finishing 6th may be best option. I understand there are no guarantees come playoff time but this scenario would give us best chance.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Montréal, QC
    Posts
    2,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    IMO, at least on paper, this team will take a very long time to be as good as it is right now again. The goal is not ECF... It's the NBA championship.

    Valanciunas/Nogueira/Poeltl
    Ibaka/Patterson/Siakam
    Carroll/Tucker/Caboclo
    DeRozan/Powell/VanVleet
    Lowry/Joseph/Wright

    Mamacita

  9. Like c-troop liked this post
  10. #49
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sitting 14th in the conference right now it’s not looking good.

  11. Like Jclaw liked this post
  12. #50
    Raptors Republic Starter jerome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    Sitting 14th in the conference right now it’s not looking good.
    still better than the warriors

  13. #51
    Raptors Republic Superstar Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jerome wrote: View Post
    still better than the warriors
    Still better than Gordon Haywards ankle.


    too soon?

  14. #52
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jerome wrote: View Post
    still better than the warriors
    We’re both last in our respective conferences and the sky is indeed falling.

  15. #53
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Still better than Gordon Haywards ankle.


    too soon?
    Yes

  16. #54
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    10,456
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "Could Raptors miss playoffs?"

    No

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

  1. S.R.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •