Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Could Raptors Miss Playoffs?

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Could Raptors Miss Playoffs?

The way things are going it's not inconceivable we could be hard pressed to get to 41 wins. How low can we go? I think it's time to bite the bullet and trade for Ibaka even if have to give up TR. We are headed for a quick first round exit like 2014/2015 if something doesn't change.

Post Thanks / Like

No, we wont miss the playoffs. We may flame out in the first round, but we will 100% make the playoffs.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

3. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors are 6 games ahead of 8th place.... and 4 teams. That would be a huge drop with about 27 games left. I don't see it. More likely the Raptors start the first round on the road.

There are also two teams with records worse than .500 in the playoffs in the East.. so even if they get to 41 wins, that will get them to the playoffs. I'd start worrying if they can't get to 37 or 38 wins. They already have 32.

So just need to win 5 or 6 games out of the next 27 and they'll make the playoffs. It's been an awful stretch.. but they still won 10 games since Jan 1.

Raptors Republic Superstar Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy
    "We Ride with Lowry. We Die with Derozan" - Golden

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    The way things are going it's not inconceivable we could be hard pressed to get to 41 wins. How low can we go? I think it's time to bite the bullet and trade for Ibaka even if have to give up TR. We are headed for a quick first round exit like 2014/2015 if something doesn't change.
    Prophetic. I know you read this forum MU and MD.

Post Thanks / Like

lol
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is closer to the truth than many posters yet ready to truly consider. If we fall to 8th we might as well miss playoffs.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors now at 5th or 6th store
    Last edited by Triplethreat89; Tue Feb 14th, 2017 at 10:27 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

seriously tho what's going on with raptors...
    Last edited by Triplethreat89; Tue Feb 14th, 2017 at 10:26 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is closer to the truth than many posters yet ready to truly consider. If we fall to 8th we might as well miss playoffs.
    Nope.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Nope.
    Last edited by Triplethreat89; Tue Feb 14th, 2017 at 10:26 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope.
    Check back in second week in March. Don't forget most posters were expecting low to mid 50 win total this season. There was one season approximately 12 years ago we won only 8 games after all star break.

Post Thanks / Like

Check back in second week in March. Don't forget most posters were expecting low to mid 50 win total this season. There was one season approximately 12 years ago we won only 8 games after all star break.
    I definitely expected low to mid 50's. Of course, I didn't expect a full month+ of Pat and DD being hurt.

You can't seriously believe the Raptors are likely to get remotely close to missing the playoffs.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely expected low to mid 50's. Of course, I didn't expect a full month+ of Pat and DD being hurt.

You can't seriously believe the Raptors are likely to get remotely close to missing the playoffs.
    I can EASILY see them slipping to 7/8th. Finishing 8th is essentially the same as not making the playoffs. If I told you in December we would be sitting 5th in mid February would you have not dismissed that notion yet here we are?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We're 7 games up on 9th place Milwaukee. That's a huge gap to lose in 26 games.

We're 9-17 (.346) since December 28th. Even at this shitty pace, we'll win 9 more games, bringing us to 41 wins. Can't see us missing the playoffs with 41 wins.

It's mathematically possible to miss the playoffs, but not likely.

Post Thanks / Like

I can EASILY see them slipping to 7/8th. Finishing 8th is essentially the same as not making the playoffs. If I told you in December we would be sitting 5th in mid February would you have not dismissed that notion yet here we are?
    Yes. Do you expect Pat and DD to miss the rest of the season, and Ibaka not to play for the Raptors? Because those are the circumstances that led to where we are now.

This is crazy talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Do you expect Pat and DD to miss the rest of the season, and Ibaka not to play for the Raptors? Because those are the circumstances that led to where we are now.

This is crazy talk.
    Agreed. I honestly think not having a true starting calibre PF like Serge and having Patterson and Demar out is a big reason for our issues. Because it forces us to play rookies and a guy like Bebe who doesn't have much experience way more minutes than we should. It also causes Casey to play stupid lineups night in and night out. Having all three playing will improve all of that which should hopefully get us back to our winning ways. But we shall see. Only time will tell. I definitely don't see us not making the playoffs though. I'm pretty negative and even I think that's crazy talk lol.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is crazy talk.
    Sorry dan, but these are starting to feel a lot like lame excuses. Of course we're not gonna miss the playoffs, but this recent slide has been pathetic, pat or no pat
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Sorry dan, but these are starting to feel a lot like lame excuses. Of course we're not gonna miss the playoffs, but this recent slide has been pathetic, pat or no pat
    Ya, the problem is greater than rotations and play calling. Something's wrong with the team's psyche. Any confidence we had from last year's playoffs, or even this year's start, is utterly vanished. We're no longer entering games expecting to win.

Where's Dr. Phil when you need him?

21. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Alright. Don't be shocked when the team suddenly plays well again when it has a full complement of players.

23. Like Mess liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information