Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Butler will play with 1 working heel and destroy this team as usual.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      Joseph was an excellent value contract last season.

Carroll signing i hated from the start. you can look in the Everything Demarre thread for my reaction lol.
      Yeah we're probably going to have to agree to disagree when it comes to Corey but I seriously hated it even when it first happened maybe as a standalone signing I wouldn't have been so enraged but I just couldn't get over we just locked in the combination of Joseph and Carroll to over $20M/yr....especially before the NBA exploded as it did last off season. $20M/yr at that time could have bought you a whole lot more than anything those 2 were to and have provided.

Personally I was never that impressed with Corey's play. I thought SAS had him properly positioned as the third PG off the bench. It was clear Mills was the better back up and Corey can fill that back up spot in a pinch but for a one-dimensional player that merely drives to the basket ad nauseum as your FT back up wasn't smart then and isn't now. It was known he isn't much of a shooter or passer and it was already known that the league was heading that way. Then like I said you use your 1st round pick to get a PG when you just locked up all the minutes at the position for the forseeable future, that's just not smart use of your money or assets but whatever...no sense in debating it but I just think Masai does and always has gotten too much of a pass. Now he's being forced to show how good or bad of GM he really is, here's hoping I can eat massive crow.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        Sorry but I have to strongly disagree here.

Corey and Carroll were not good signings at ANY time. I was livid upon hearing of either because we ate up more than $20+M/yr on a 3rd string PG and guy that came off injury that during that year was actually considered an overpay, didn't hear of anyone else interested in offering anything close to that. The move was very "Hedo" like in that we clearly overpaid a SF that wasn't anything great but created a buzz around themselves in a single contract year but of course we give him a pass.

Then to follow it up he drafts Delon...I like Wright but you just signed Corey to a multiple year contract?! Bruno is almost inexplicable other than he was broken hearted that he missed out on Giannis. This kid may be THE most raw project player to enter the league and we take him in the 1st round?!? Not to mention MU was in love with Ennis who is barely a waterboy in the league.

Like I said I love that he made 2 incredible trades which is really his saving grace imo because the rest of it is fairly unimpressive especially when most of the big stuff he admits is total luck. I also really appreciate his work in the community and Africa but he feel pretty annoyed with how much we give him a pass on pretty much everything. Yes no GM is perfect but that works both ways, he shouldn't be unfairly criticized but nonetheless some criticism is fair.
        For the record, Delon W. was drafted before Cory J. became unexpectedly available (he was reportedly a long time favourite of MU). No question he has not been playing well lately but he was very good last season.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          I'm going to use a little football analogy here :

I compare Colangelo as the Brett Favre of QB. He's a gunslinger. He's not afraid to take chances. You win some you lose some.

Masai on the other ihand is very calculated. He plays it safe. Reminds you of who? Alex Smith.

Now, Smith is a pretty good QB. The Chiefs have been in the playoffs every year it seems. But theyre not really a threat to the Pats or the Steelers in the AFC.

Brett Favre? he's going to throw an unecessary dumb pass and lose the game for his team. But he's also going to to throw an unecessary dumb pass and win the game for his team.

Sometimes you have to take chances you know? you just can't keep playing it safe all the time. But that's just me: I'm a risk taker AND a playmaker.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            Sorry but I have to strongly disagree here.

Corey and Carroll were not good signings at ANY time. I was livid upon hearing of either because we ate up more than $20+M/yr on a 3rd string PG and guy that came off injury that during that year was actually considered an overpay, didn't hear of anyone else interested in offering anything close to that. The move was very "Hedo" like in that we clearly overpaid a SF that wasn't anything great but created a buzz around themselves in a single contract year but of course we give him a pass.

Then to follow it up he drafts Delon...I like Wright but you just signed Corey to a multiple year contract?! Bruno is almost inexplicable other than he was broken hearted that he missed out on Giannis. This kid may be THE most raw project player to enter the league and we take him in the 1st round?!? Not to mention MU was in love with Ennis who is barely a waterboy in the league.

Like I said I love that he made 2 incredible trades which is really his saving grace imo because the rest of it is fairly unimpressive especially when most of the big stuff he admits is total luck. I also really appreciate his work in the community and Africa but he feel pretty annoyed with how much we give him a pass on pretty much everything. Yes no GM is perfect but that works both ways, he shouldn't be unfairly criticized but nonetheless some criticism is fair.
            Drafts happen before free agency. CoJo was signed after Delon was drafted. And CoJo was awesome last season.. he was a huge difference maker. And he's making about $7M a year (his final year is a PO).. this is chump change looking at this new CBA. He's easily tradeable.

As for the Carroll signing.. it was free money. After that year, DD's cap hold/contract was going to chew in to their cap space. So we either used it or we lost it... and Masai used it. We needed a SF. Weren't many on the market that could play defense, and shoot 3's. Carroll to boot had a WS/48 of 0.154. He got injured and then became trash. His contract is still pretty good considering again what guys are getting in the new cap system. I was hoping for Millsap then.. but it didn't seem like he was going to leave Atlanta anyway.

The prime target was LMA but he wasn't coming over.. not when San Antonio was calling. So Masai zagged and went after a SF instead. Not a bad play in my opinion.

As for Ennis.. yeah he has a thing for Canadian's. I hope after the Bennett and CoJo fiasco's he's learned his lesson. Canadian's suck at basketball.

Comment

• The Raptors have been the bizarro Raptors of late, so they will win this one with ease. 20 point win. Because why the heck not.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Unless Butler is out, not even watching this game because it would just be too much to watch our team get bent over again. It will be all out meltdown mode though if we still lose with him outta the line up and probably likely.

Comment

• There is almost a zero chance we lose this if Butler's out. The Bulls are steaming garbage, if not for Jimmy's heroics they'd be deep in the lottery.

But a win by default is meaningless. Would much prefer to see how we adjust and react to adversity.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Drafts happen before free agency. CoJo was signed after Delon was drafted. And CoJo was awesome last season.. he was a huge difference maker. And he's making about $7M a year (his final year is a PO).. this is chump change looking at this new CBA. He's easily tradeable.

As for the Carroll signing.. it was free money. After that year, DD's cap hold/contract was going to chew in to their cap space. So we either used it or we lost it... and Masai used it. We needed a SF. Weren't many on the market that could play defense, and shoot 3's. Carroll to boot had a WS/48 of 0.154. He got injured and then became trash. His contract is still pretty good considering again what guys are getting in the new cap system. I was hoping for Millsap then.. but it didn't seem like he was going to leave Atlanta anyway.

The prime target was LMA but he wasn't coming over.. not when San Antonio was calling. So Masai zagged and went after a SF instead. Not a bad play in my opinion.

As for Ennis.. yeah he has a thing for Canadian's. I hope after the Bennett and CoJo fiasco's he's learned his lesson. Canadian's suck at basketball.
                    Hmmm...generalization...Nash wasn't too bad and neither is Wiggins with some in the pipeline. Small sample size I realize but local compete levels have been low but growing....so much so the big college Us scout here frequently and the locals play prep school ball in the US (the good ones anyway).

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      There is almost a zero chance we lose this if Butler's out. The Bulls are steaming garbage, if not for Jimmy's heroics they'd be deep in the lottery.

But a win by default is meaningless. Would much prefer to see how we adjust and react to adversity.
                      We are not in #fakewin world right now. I will take any fucking thing I can get lol
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• https://twitter.com/theScoreNBA/stat...80333802729477
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It doesn't matter.

Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              There is almost a zero chance we lose this if Butler's out. The Bulls are steaming garbage, if not for Jimmy's heroics they'd be deep in the lottery.

The bulls could have a roster full of d leaguers and I still wouldn't trust the raptors to beat them.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I still don't agree on him being great last year but that's whatever but I will at least give you that in today's NBA market that he's very tradeable. Again the issue I had with it was the combined spend of over $20M/yr to 2 mediocre at best players in a CBA at the time hadn't exploded. Before you say it I know it was made in light of trying to hedge against the current one but I find incredibly hard to believe $20+M in THAT cba couldn't have bought a lot more.

As for the Carroll signing (not repeating as a mock lol) "free money" is a terrible way to view things and is exactly what's biting us in the ass right now for being so short sighted. If we're doing it for the sake of then don't make a long time commitment to a very unsure thing like Carroll, his health was already in question (oh yes it was even prior to this knee), he looked pretty badly hurt in the series against LeBron and had previous injuries in his past. Not to mention this was a contract dulled out for a single decent season which was definitely very Hedo like and maybe even more so because DC was playing next to 4 "all star" players and most notably he was the guy left out which speaks to his impact. I won't even touch on the comment of his contract still being quite good under no CBA is a totally washed up player eating up $15M/yr attached to the word good. I'm not sure why this board (looks at av) has such a hard time even just giving the slightest criticism to Masai's decisions, it's like a weird suppression lol. The man can do wrong and has.

As for Canada sucking, that's not true either but again at the fault of our GM. There are good CAN ie/ Nash, Wiggins, Lyles and soon to be Barrett Jr. Just our GM deciding to turn a blind eye because of their nationality....but hey Masai is apparently perfect.
                                Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon Feb 13, 2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X