Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    He was seeking the foul; not attempting to actually make a basket. That would never get called at that time of the game.
    At first he thought he was gonna take him one-on-one, then he realized he couldn't get more than a step inside the three point line AND couldn't create separation and he figured he'd jack the shot for a foul, but there was no foul. It was a terrible possession and the kind of "gonna score now no matter what" that DeMar is prone to vs making a good basketball play (which LBJ likes to do and gets criticized for instead of jacking shots). Fortunately DeMar has developed to the point where his offence is much more dominant than it used to be and this kind of play is something we used to see a lot more often than we do now, but still - it was a really ugly possession.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      No one gets that call at the end of the game. It would have to be pretty damn blatant.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
      It's really irrelevant. It should never have come to this after a 15 pt lead with 9 mins to go.

Comment

• Jokic with 15/20/12.

Jokic btw was a former 2nd rd pick in 14. 41st overall. We had 2 draft picks that year btw. 20 and 37.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Jokic with 15/20/12.

Jokic btw was a former 2nd rd pick in 14. 41st overall. We had 2 draft picks that year btw. 20 and 37.
          What's with the cynicism all day?

41st overall and there are 30 NBA teams in the league. Get that through your skull.

Spurs have a shit front office too right? Because they passed on him as well.
          Last edited by tDotted; Tue Feb 14, 2017, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Valentine Massacre..
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Just watching that WAS game they look like they're are the 2nd best team in the East.

Not that just that they're playing well but they also fit the new NBA prototype...

1. Have a dynamic ballhandler and distributor (ie/ Curry, Harden, LeBron) - in this case WALL
              2. Surround the aforementioned player with shooters (in GSW Klay, KD, Green) - Beal, Oubre, Porter or Morris
              3. Mobile C to rebound and hopefully defend (CLE uses Tristan, GSW point of weakness this yr with Zaza) - Gortat

If WAS ever got a Steve Adams, DeAndre type it would be a wrap for them in a couple of years out East but the foundation so far looks very promising if they can keep it together and somehow find a better defending/rebounding C.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                What's with the cynicism all day?

41st overall and there are 30 NBA teams in the league. Get that through your skull.

Spurs have a shit front office too right? Because they passed on him as well.
                Don't remind me that the Raptors missed out on Ginobili and Parker when they were picked 29th and 59th overall, it was obvious they were gonna be a hall of fame players

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                  Valentine Massacre..
                  We're facing Denzel Valentine on Valentine's Day.

This could be one of our patented "Opposition Scrub Goes For Career High" nights.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Ugh..... there was this really old post I made about the Gay trade evaluating the pieces we got for him. Shame to see that GV is out of the league at this point, given that he's essentially a better shooting version of Ricky Rubio. I can't find it, but Masai was willing to go full-tank until he watched this team play with the new pieces. He then realized we had the depth to compete & make the playoffs. Which is why KLOE isn't south of the border in the Big Apple.

The worst thing that can happen right now: Nothing. We stay put, no trades, no firing Casey, etc. We just stay pat. I thin Masai is realizing the patience of his team is high.... but then again, he's the Billy Beane of Hoops. Never watching games live, keeping quiet & mysterious. I like that about the guy. Also.... you know fully well most rumours for us never come to fruition.
                    Rubio is a good defender. You are underselling him with that comparison.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Raps are 7 pts fav. against the Bulls tonight.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        If we lose this game, I hope the fans start chanting "Fire Casey".
                        Bulls own us. Our locker room could explode if we lose next two going into break.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Raps are 7 pts fav. against the Bulls tonight.
                          Seems like easy money to bet Bulls.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            Seems like easy money to bet Bulls.
                            Not really tbh. Wade, Mirotic and Butler are doubtful.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Rubio's 2 biggest strengths are being an elite passer and defender, neither of which Vasquez is, so that comparison makes so sense at all.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                                Rubio's 2 biggest strengths are being an elite passer and defender, neither of which Vasquez is, so that comparison makes so sense at all.
                                Ya, but they're both Latin....so must be the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X