Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: Game #56 Toronto Raptors 94 - Chicago Bulls 105

Raptors Republic Superstar hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    We actually lost to the Bulls? WTF. This is bad. This is really bad.

I don't plan on watching the game but just looking at the boxscore: Sounds like DeRozan struggled, it happens, but where are the role players? Carroll FORTY minutes - 4 points? you've got to be kidding me.

This team just lost b2b to two mediocre teams. Lowry then called out the coach and the mgmt after the Detroit game. Masai responded today by trading for Ibaka. You would think that the team would be energized for tonight's game after that trade, and then this happened?

I think the coach has completely lost the lockerroom. No other explanation. The Bulls are flat out terrible.
    Honest question: How is Carroll supposed to make an impact scoring wise when he only gets 4 shots? That makes no sense.

The role players were not the problem; they played well. It was our two all-stars who stunk up the joint.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Honest question: How is Carroll supposed to make an impact scoring wise when he only gets 4 shots? That makes no sense.

The role players were not the problem; they played well. It was our two all-stars who stunk up the joint.
    I would kind of agree with that. Tonight it was Demar and Kyle playing like complete shit that stood out to me. Bebe as well. Cory was bad but not AS bad as he's been. Carroll missed a couple open 3's but he actually wasn't that bad. He played good defence when no one else was and he rebounded well. And the biggest thing is he didn't try and drive the ball like he normally does lol. Kyle and Demar played like shit and had bad body language and that's what did it. I'll give them a pass though because they normally don't play this bad at the same time. But the biggest reason was Casey and his stupid lineups once again. Oh and the defence in the first half from what i've heard because I missed the first half. The biggest thing Ibaka and Patterson will do for this team is prevent Casey from having bad big men combinations on the floor. We are fucked with Cory but I think Patterson and Ibaka can make up for how bad Cory is. Jonas wont get any fourth quarter minutes anymore but at least this time it will be at the hands of Ibaka and not Bebe, which I can live with a little bit more. HOPEFULLY we can get rid of Cory before the deadline but as someone else said I feel Masai isn't yet comfortable with having Delon man the point in the playoffs. But Cory better be gone in the offseason at the very least.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The one thing this team has done almost without fail the last three years is play hard. They might have the odd stinker here or there but they were few and far between. This year, I've seen more lay-down games than I have in the last 2 years combined.

4. Like Nilanka, KeonClark, planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    The one thing this team has done almost without fail the last three years is play hard. They might have the odd stinker here or there but they were few and far between. This year, I've seen more lay-down games than I have in the last 2 years combined.
    Couldn't agree with you more. And that's a sign of the coach losing the locker room which isn't good. Casey has always been bad at adjustments and lineups and offensive sets but the ONE thing he did was get his guys to play hard every game. That is not happening anymore and it's worrisome.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

6. Like Demographic Shift liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Their .407 win % since Christmas is actually almost right in line with the cumulative .443% for the franchise. We used to watch basketball like this all the time. I hate it.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

8. Like KHD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Cory is leaving this year, mostly because I don't think Masai will want to roll with Delon/FVV as backup point in the playoffs without a season of experience at backup.

I do think, because of the big contracts coming up, that Cory is going to move at the draft or early in the summer.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The most frightening part for me is lowry just looks defeated. Like he doesn't give 2 shits anymore. I never thought I'd see that out of kyle lowry. Sports chemistry is such a fragile thing. Like I said earlier, whatever "it" is, we lost it, and nobody seems to have any idea how to get it back. Fucking depressing. I'm gonna give the ibaka arrival and the extended all star break as ONE LAST CHANCE to see change. If we're not rolling by March 1, this season is dead and gone.

24 hours ago I was pumped again. Last night was fucking pathetic. To hear casey drone on about "I liked our compete in the 2nd half" bruh....give it up. Chicago let their foot off the gas. Your team sucks. Fix it. Matter of fact, fuck you casey. I can't even stand watching him speak anymore.
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah losing sucks, but watching the team have no fight while losing is just flat out depressing

12. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    Yeah losing sucks, but watching the team have no fight while losing is just flat out depressing
    I'd like to fast forward to a new era of Rap basketball at this point
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Superstar Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    The most frightening part for me is lowry just looks defeated. Like he doesn't give 2 shits anymore. I never thought I'd see that out of kyle lowry. Sports chemistry is such a fragile thing. Like I said earlier, whatever "it" is, we lost it, and nobody seems to have any idea how to get it back. Fucking depressing. I'm gonna give the ibaka arrival and the extended all star break as ONE LAST CHANCE to see change. If we're not rolling by March 1, this season is dead and gone.

24 hours ago I was pumped again. Last night was fucking pathetic. To hear casey drone on about "I liked our compete in the 2nd half" bruh....give it up. Chicago let their foot off the gas. Your team sucks. Fix it. Matter of fact, fuck you casey. I can't even stand watching him speak anymore.
    Its hard to pinpoint when players just get tired of the same old voice saying the same things in the same situations but for all apperances its happening now. Its not like this doesn't happen a lot int he NBA. 20 of the 30 coaches have been on the job for less than 2 years with the same team. 65% turnover. There is a short shelf life for those who walk the sidelines.

Lowry hasn't lost the will to compete.. he has lost interest in seeing what he rightly views as all too predictable outcomes emanating from very predictable offensive sets and plays. Been there done that bought the t-shirt and when you aren't having fun on offense no matter which sport or which level you play at.. its really hard to get amped up to play defense which is all hard work.

Ibaka will help and Ujiri may not be done in the trade market but the elephant in the room is how the team addresses the gap in faith between the floor general and the coach who have a pretty wide difference of opinion on who plays where and how things need to line up on the floor.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 15th, 2017 at 11:32 AM.

15. Like golden, JawsGT, tDotted, S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to fast forward to a new era of Rap basketball at this point
    Or how about reverting to the era we had in December? Or November? Or all of last season? Or for the first half of January? That was all pretty awesome....

Post Thanks / Like

Or how about reverting to the era we had in December? Or November? Or all of last season? Or for the first half of January? That was all pretty awesome....
    They feel like a lifetime ago now.

It used to be after a loss I'd be hungry for the next game. I actually feel nothing at all for tonights game, and we've got a huge debut happening.

When KeonClark AND kyle lowry have checked out, it's bad.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They feel like a lifetime ago now.

It used to be after a loss I'd be hungry for the next game. I actually feel nothing at all for tonights game, and we've got a huge debut happening.

When KeonClark AND kyle lowry have checked out, it's bad.
    Checked out is one thing, if you start looking for answers at the bottom of bottles look out.

Raptors Republic All-Star mjt20mik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the last few posts. It seems like Casey has lost Lowry (and in term the team as it goes where Lowry goes). You honestly can't fault Lowry at this point. He bought into the system, but clearly the system is not very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    I agree with the last few posts. It seems like Casey has lost Lowry (and in term the team as it goes where Lowry goes). You honestly can't fault Lowry at this point. He bought into the system, but clearly the system is not very good.
    Yeah doesn't help when the system is bad, the team has been playing terribly and your All-star 30 year old PG is averaging the most minutes in the NBA. Averaged 37 mins last season and a league-leading 37.7 mins this season.

Raptors Republic All-Star Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    Yeah doesn't help when the system is bad, the team has been playing terribly and your All-star 30 year old PG is averaging the most minutes in the NBA. Averaged 37 mins last season and a league-leading 37.7 mins this season.
    I partially blame Lowry for this as well. How long do you think this system would have lasted if he didn't prop it up himself?
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy
    "We Ride with Lowry. We Die with Derozan" - Golden

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The most frightening part for me is lowry just looks defeated. Like he doesn't give 2 shits anymore. I never thought I'd see that out of kyle lowry.
    It's a testament to Kyle that it took this long for him to break.

Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see Butler can f*^# the C**#tics too. Woohoo.

Edit: unless they trade for him

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread Information