Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Until we make the finals with ibaka its still the trade that sent rudy gay outta town
    With the Gay, Ross (pending Ibaka resigning), and Bargnani trades, has Ujiri now made the top 3 Raptors trades of all time? What other trade would fit in the top 3?

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      With the Gay, Ross (pending Ibaka resigning), and Bargnani trades, has Ujiri now made the top 3 Raptors trades of all time? What other trade would fit in the top 3?
      Vince carter was a draft day deal. Lowry as well up there. Honorable mentions to antonio davis, Marcus Camby. But yes Ujiri 3 of the top 3-5 depending on how you break it down
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Vince carter was a draft day deal. Lowry as well up there. Honorable mentions to antonio davis, Marcus Camby. But yes Ujiri 3 of the top 3-5 depending on how you break it down
        Underrated move of BC's was the Delfino sign and trade for Amir Johnson. Huge steal there. BC was always best at those under the radar deals where he'd get great value. Whenever he tried to swing for the fences it was bad.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You mean Camby for Oakley?

Not sure how great a deal that was. Lots of people remember Oakley fondly because he was a contributor in our first playoff runs...but Camby ended up being one of the best defensive and solid 2-way Cs of like, the next decade. I always think back and hate that we made that trade. I don't think we can assume the Raps wouldn't have made the playoffs without Oakley, and Camby went on to be a key piece of playoff teams in NYK and Denver. He would've been a great piece to have next to Carter.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            You mean Camby for Oakley?

Not sure how great a deal that was. Lots of people remember Oakley fondly because he was a contributor in our first playoff runs...but Camby ended up being one of the best defensive and solid 2-way Cs of like, the next decade. I always think back and hate that we made that trade. I don't think we can assume the Raps wouldn't have made the playoffs without Oakley, and Camby went on to be a key piece of playoff teams in NYK and Denver. He would've been a great piece to have next to Carter.

Very true. Fair to call it a wash?
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• You mean Camby for Oakley?

Not sure how great a deal that was. Lots of people remember Oakley fondly because he was a contributor in our first playoff runs...but Camby ended up being one of the best defensive and solid 2-way Cs of like, the next decade. I always think back and hate that we made that trade. I don't think we can assume the Raps wouldn't have made the playoffs without Oakley, and Camby went on to be a key piece of playoff teams in NYK and Denver. He would've been a great piece to have next to Carter
              Oakley is far and away the most overrated Raptor of all time.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Oakley is far and away the most overrated Raptor of all time.
                Oakley's value was his vet presence on a young roster. He policed the kids at the time when the kids needed policing. A coach on the floor....or so they say.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Oakley's value was his vet presence on a young roster. He policed the kids at the time when the kids needed policing. A coach on the floor....or so they say.
                  Yeah, I don't buy that. To me it's just a narrative with no real evidence to back it up. And we also added vets like Willis, Muggsy and Davis (and Chris Childs if you want to count him). We didn't have low character guys either through those years, with guys like Christie, Alvin, Mo being some of our younger players. Meanwhile Camby went on to be one of the better 2-way Cs of his era (the weak C era) who had high IQ and intangibles who immediately started contributing to playoff teams after we traded him.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, I don't buy that. To me it's just a narrative with no real evidence to back it up. And we also added vets like Willis, Muggsy and Davis (and Chris Childs if you want to count him). We didn't have low character guys either through those years, with guys like Christie, Alvin, Mo being some of our younger players. Meanwhile Camby went on to be one of the better 2-way Cs of his era (the weak C era) who had high IQ and intangibles who immediately started contributing to playoff teams after we traded him.

Well then, we made up for it with the Jonathan Bender for Antonio Davis trade

Comment

Well then, we made up for it with the Jonathan Bender for Antonio Davis trade
                      Oh i also forgot Dell Curry.

We would've had plenty of vets to help lead the younger players.

Davis trade was a good one. He was also in his prime. But I think we would've managed just fine without Oak (who was nowhere near his prime).

Comment

• Serge Ibaka is gonna get paid this off season

Wonder if MLSE has the stones to pay

PJ Tucker 3/36
                        Patrick Patterson 3/36
                        Ibaka 4/100
                        Lowry 4/120
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          Serge Ibaka is gonna get paid this off season

PJ Tucker 3/36
                          Patrick Patterson 3/36
                          Ibaka 4/100
                          Lowry 4/120
                          I'm fairly sure Tucker and Patterson are going to get a lot more than $12 million a year. Mozgov is getting $14 million, Teletovic is getting $10 million, Evan Turner's getting $17.5 million, Jon Leuer's getting $11 million, etc.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            Serge Ibaka is gonna get paid this off season

PJ Tucker 3/36
                            Patrick Patterson 3/36
                            Ibaka 4/100
                            Lowry 4/120
                            Those are all cheaper than I think they will get (slightly cheaper in Pat/Tucker's case, much cheaper for the other two).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I think the question still remains. Will MLSE empty their pockets this summer?

Comment

I think the question still remains. Will MLSE empty their pockets this summer?
                                All indications are yes, depending how the playoffs go.

They won't be keeping all 4 without shedding salary, but I expect them to pay tax and try to keep all four, or at least three of them, while shedding pieces with cheaper replacements (Carroll, CoJo, or maybe JV, though I hope not).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X