Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atothe wrote: View Post
    Ibaka shouldn't be back. This is a easy decision. He's good defensively but getting old and is the fifth most talented dude on this roster
    Behind who?

Comment

Ibaka shouldn't be back. This is a easy decision. He's good defensively but getting old and is the fifth most talented dude on this roster
      ...he isn't playing old... he is playing like the 3rd and sometimes 2nd best player on our roster this post season. Defensively he has been the best. PJ tucker has done well but he can't block people.

Comment

And go back to what exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          ...he isn't playing old... he is playing like the 3rd and sometimes 2nd best player on our roster this post season. Defensively he has been the best. PJ tucker has done well but he can't block people.
          Depends on your definition of "people" I wouldn't call any of the bucks starters just "people" with those tarantula arms. I think it was him who was really good (statistically) at blocking jump-shots.

Comment

Ibaka is the one contesting shots and keeping Giannis from dominating in the paint. He has probably been the second or third best player. Without him, the Raptors probably would have been swept.

Comment

What? Ibaka has been great. The positional and lineup flexibility the Raptors get from being able to play him at the 4 or 5 (without getting massacred on the boards or at the rim like when Poeltl or Pat play there) is looking like the difference maker in this series.

Seriously though, DeRozan, Lowry, I could see Valanciunas.... Who is the 4th guy ahead of Serge? I'd have said he was in roughly a dead heat with JV for third.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I would 100% bring Serge Ibaka back. If there's one thing we've seen it's that having tried and tested veterans who can play at a high level is necessary to play championship basketball. There are very few starting PF caliber players in the NBA who have been to an NBA finals. I have no idea why you would let one walk if you have a chance to keep him and you're playing for a championship.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                  I would 100% bring Serge Ibaka back. If there's one thing we've seen it's that having tried and tested veterans who can play at a high level is necessary to play championship basketball. There are very few starting PF caliber players in the NBA who have been to an NBA finals. I have no idea why you would let one walk if you have a chance to keep him and you're playing for a championship.
                  The entire defence changed for the better when Ibaka/Tucker got here, and it was not 100% on Tucker. Serge helps the whole defence whether he jumps 15 feet in the air or not. It's his mobility and able to switch multiple positions with guys like Patterson and Tucker that changes everything. When you can switch all your screens the defence is going to be much, much better.

His three point shot is huge, too. With him at the 5 the Raptors can really stretch the floor for their guards who need to be able to drive.

A lot of decisions this summer hinge on how these playoffs pan out, but either way I would ideally try to keep Ibaka, Tucker, and Patterson. These guys are part of the solution and not the problem. Biggest changes (if that's what's needed) that should be on the table if you really want change are Casey, Lowry, JV (as much as I love Lowry + JV). Ideal cap relief would come from CoJo (realistic) and Carroll (pipe dream, but you never know - it's Masai!).
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• So we've been scrambling to find a PF since Bosh left.. we finally have one on the roster, and the plan is to let him leave?

I still think 2Pat will be the odd man out. And hopefully we can find a taker for Carroll.. but most likely it'll be CoJo that gets moved as he'll have interest around the league.

Interesting convo though for the off season with regards to Carroll. Moving him would most probably require a second asset. Someone like Powell, the 2017 pick or even a future pick. Is it worth losing an asset just to unload Carroll's contract? Or is it better to just eat the cap hit for the next two years?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      So we've been scrambling to find a PF since Bosh left.. we finally have one on the roster, and the plan is to let him leave?

I still think 2Pat will be the odd man out. And hopefully we can find a taker for Carroll.. but most likely it'll be CoJo that gets moved as he'll have interest around the league.

Interesting convo though for the off season with regards to Carroll. Moving him would most probably require a second asset. Someone like Powell, the 2017 pick or even a future pick. Is it worth losing an asset just to unload Carroll's contract? Or is it better to just eat the cap hit for the next two years?
                      Masai traded Bargnani, I won't be surprised if he trades Carroll. I'm sure there are teams like the Sixers who want veteran experience.

Comment

• Yeah, there's lot I don't quite trust about Serge's offensive game, but much of that is mitigated by his ability to play stretch-5.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, there's lot I don't quite trust about Serge's offensive game, but much of that is mitigated by his ability to play stretch-5.
                          care to elaborate?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            care to elaborate?
                            His lack of fluidity, great hands, and ball-skill are concerning as a power forward, so signing him to a big deal seems like a massive risk. However, these are lesser concerns as a small-ball stretch 5, so much of that risk is mitigated.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              The entire defence changed for the better when Ibaka/Tucker got here, and it was not 100% on Tucker. Serge helps the whole defence whether he jumps 15 feet in the air or not. It's his mobility and able to switch multiple positions with guys like Patterson and Tucker that changes everything. When you can switch all your screens the defence is going to be much, much better.

His three point shot is huge, too. With him at the 5 the Raptors can really stretch the floor for their guards who need to be able to drive.

A lot of decisions this summer hinge on how these playoffs pan out, but either way I would ideally try to keep Ibaka, Tucker, and Patterson. These guys are part of the solution and not the problem. Biggest changes (if that's what's needed) that should be on the table if you really want change are Casey, Lowry, JV (as much as I love Lowry + JV). Ideal cap relief would come from CoJo (realistic) and Carroll (pipe dream, but you never know - it's Masai!).
                              You thinking we have a shot at CP3?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Masai traded Bargnani, I won't be surprised if he trades Carroll. I'm sure there are teams like the Sixers who want veteran experience.
                                I keep going back to the Nets, who are starving for any NBA talent from anywhere. Endless cap room, and they could always shrewdly flip him if he revives his career a little bit
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X