• Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    dude looks close to 40 for sure
    Count the rings on his palms. You'll find your answer
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I was being sarcastic. You musn't read any of my posts. Should have used the pick font I guess.
      I missed your post i was responding to rocwell's post.

Tom Brady for example. If you didn't know his real age you probably would think he just turned 30. He's 40.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Lol you can't guess how old a person is just because of how they look. Greg Oden looked like 50 years old when he was drafted.
        You're wrong.

He looked 50 well before he was drafted.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I missed your post i was responding to rocwell's post.

Tom Brady for example. If you didn't know his real age you probably would think he just turned 30. He's 40.
          I know, I was just trying to raz the crowd that are a little concerned over his age.

Comment

• I heard Greg Oden has been ordering off the seniors' menu since 2007.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              I heard Greg Oden has been ordering off the seniors' menu since 2007.
              That bastard owes Dennys $41.67

Comment

• Btw, did u know Leo Rautins is older than Jack Armstrong?

Leo looks like he's 40ish while Jack looks like he's in his 60's lol.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

precisely, all PF's are being dragged away from the basket more and more in recent years as teams focus on shooting 3s at a higher rate. It's easy to envision a scenario in which Scotty Brooks directs Ibaka to worry more about perimeter D and expanding his range, in part due to playing next to a more capable and mobile big man in Adams (who can defend the rim and rebound better than Perkins), and in part due to necessity in order to keep up with growing trends league wide.

I think that definitely affected his offensive rebounding rate collapsing, but that's why I didn't include it.

What about his overall DRPM sliding so much? He went from being a top-ranked guy to middle of the pack both in his final year at OKC and now in Orlando. And the field goal % of his man climbing? They move in lockstep.

I don't know if he's older than he says he is. We'll probably never know. But the raw stats are concerning, and we're not going to have much time to evaluate before his big payday.

Comment

Btw, did u know Leo Rautins is older than Jack Armstrong?

Leo looks like he's 40ish while Jack looks like he's in his 60's lol.
                    Yes and Jack runs 5 miles a day. I shudder to think what he'll look like by the time Derozans contract is up

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      I think that definitely affected his offensive rebounding rate collapsing, but that's why I didn't include it.

What about his overall DRPM sliding so much? He went from being a top-ranked guy to middle of the pack both in his final year at OKC and now in Orlando. And the field goal % of his man climbing? They move in lockstep.

I don't know if he's older than he says he is. We'll probably never know. But the raw stats are concerning, and we're not going to have much time to evaluate before his big payday.
                      well, it's been discussed here at length the issues with defensive stats. They are often quite unreliable. And I would take anything coming out of Orlando with a grain of salt. The FG% climb may be a bit of a concern. Could it be related to the possibility of him having to guard perimeter players with a greater frequency in recent seasons? I'm not even sure that's the case, but I'm just theorizing based on the the need for NBA defences to have a 4 that can switch on the perimeter and occasionally guard wings and guards.

In any event, Serge may not actually be 27, but I highly doubt his age is off by 5 years as some have suggested, and I also doubt he is in a physical decline that may be indicative of older athletes. He may not have the same bounce in his step that he had in his first few years, I'm not sure, but we don't need the Ibaka that started next to Perkins, the Ibaka that started next to Adams would do fine. If he can play D even like PAtterson, that will be a huge help.

Comment

• I can't stop reading this title like a trump tweet since the first reply pointed it out.

"Canada letting in anybody! Hasn't been good since thunder! Looks 40! First name Russian! Last name terrorist! They're sending their worst! You've made An enemy! SAD!"

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          And we can only realistically finish between 3rd and 6th now. So hopefully we catch 3rd.
                          Why is 2nd unrealistic? Imagine for a second that they play the remainder of the season like they did the first two months. Is it really a stretch to close a 5 game gap? It's not likely by any stretch, but to say it is unrealistic is stretching a bit.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Why is 2nd unrealistic? Imagine for a second that they play the remainder of the season like they did the first two months. Is it really a stretch to close a 5 game gap? It's not likely by any stretch, but to say it is unrealistic is stretching a bit.
                            I will go out on a limb and boldly predict Washington and Boston are not going to keep up the pace they've bee on the last couple of weeks, both teams are overachieving atm.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              I will go out on a limb and boldly predict Washington and Boston are not going to keep up the pace they've bee on the last couple of weeks, both teams are overachieving atm.
                              I like Washington. Agree on Boston tho

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                I like Washington. Agree on Boston tho
                                I think the only thing about Wash. is the lack of a bench. They roll with 7-8 players regularly with 6 getting big minutes. They got a solid starting unit but they need some help off the pine. You'd think the workload may catch up to some of them. But I like them as a matchup for the Cavs so I am hoping we pass them at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X