No announcement yet.

Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are you worried about his age. He's African!!! he can play up to 50 with no difference in his level of play. Seriously, 27 or 32 really doesn't matter? As long as Ibaka is willing to defend, rebound and be a force inside. In the entire history of Raptor BIG MEN, there top 3 of all time are Antonio Davis, Charles Oakley then maybe Bosh. We did nothing with a young BIG MAN in the playoffs(Bosh). But Davis, Oakley held it down for the Raptors front court which allowed Vince Carter to go off and be the player that he became. So lets hope that Ibaka can at least bang down low and stop penetrating guards from getting straight line layups. if he can do that, for the next 5 years were more then good!!!

Comment

• If you want to know what I think, Ibaka is definitely on the decline. Big decline in advanced metrics for the past 4 consecutive years, namely defensive numbers. Don't give me that crap about him being used wrong in Orlando. He's been on the decline ever since 2014 in OKC. 4 years is enough of a sample size to know he's never going to be as good as he used to be. He does not look as mobile or as athletic as he was in 2014, because injuries have sapped his all-worldly athleticism. I know he's developed a jump shot. But the offense isnt what I'm worried about, it's the defense, where I'm cautiously wary about. He's still better than what we have now and he's still serviceable, to make things clear. But people forget how good he used to be. There's definitely a significant regression, because comparing it to his best years, he's just above average at best. Great weak side shot blocker, meh 1-1 defender. I mean i'm still not happy with this deal, but I can live with it, because we had no other options, besides a guy like Millsap. Ibaka is due for a massive raise and can make up to 30% of the cap as a 8 year vet( under the tier 2 max contract standard/ 7-9 years of exp). 30% of 102 is 30.6. He can command up to a 5/153 kind of deal. Let's be realistic here. Ibaka is getting a 4/100 kind of deal at 25/yr. I would prefer a 4/80 deal, but I don't think he's going to give up 10 million/yr, because that is a huge paycut. This along with the decline makes me meh on this deal at best. Regarding the OP's question, I don't think Ibaka's decline is due to age. If Ibaka is older than his listed age, it's not more than couple of years. At most, I see him as 29-30 years old, instead of 27.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        I don't see him being older as I watch him talk
        Congo is not reliable source of documents. He is probably older as is BB.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          Congo is not reliable source of documents. He is probably older as is BB.
          Let's get kyrie irving to investigate
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            A big part of it, even during his time in OKC his role shifted from under the basket to a guy pulled out to the perimeter not only for shooting 3's on O but also for guarding smaller perimeter players on D. According to Thunder fans, this is the main reason his blocks and rebounds dropped, he was simply spending more time away from the basket. His FG% dropped as he took more 3's. But the fans who watched him every game were still very happy with his D, especially his increased versatility:

http://newsok.com/article/5503411
            Of course.
            Over the last few years more & more emphasis on stretch 4.
            Where does he play? Near 3 point line.
            Who is he defended by? Another 4.
            Where? Again near 3 pt line.
            HDF is he going to block a shot (or rebound) if he is taking more 3s (thus less chance for a rebound) & the player he is guarding is also near 3 pt line?
            Heck, he did a pretty good job against us.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Let's get kyrie irving to investigate
              He already admitted he only did that Flat Earth stuff to start a conversation about the Fake News bs going around... or Adam Silver came up with that idea and Kyrie went with it. Haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                He already admitted he only did that Flat Earth stuff to start a conversation about the Fake News bs going around... or Adam Silver came up with that idea and Kyrie went with it. Haha
                Yeah, that's cool bc it worked. Moving the all Star game to Nola was also interesting. Politics and basketball don't always mix, as I learned recently in the politics thread aka the Darkside of the RR moon.

Comment

Wait, was the point that if a guy straight faced lies about his personal opinion to reporters, and they report it, it's funny because the guy was lying and it's fake news?
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Wait, was the point that if a guy straight faced lies about his personal opinion to reporters, and they report it, it's funny because the guy was lying and it's fake news?
                    I think he's backtracking after the intense ridicule he faced. He meant what he said the first time with his buddies on the little podcast. But in the age of social media there's no such thing as "little podcast", everything blows up. Kyrie went to Duke, the same school being attended by one Jahlil Okafor when he told the media he watched a documentary on MERMAIDS on told them they were real. The NBA: where amazing happens.

Comment

• I'm less concerned about his age if its within a 4 to 5 year range. NBA mileage seems to be a more important factor.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Is it Friday yet?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Is it Friday yet?

THREE more off days. Ffs NBA

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            THREE more off days. Ffs NBA
                            Honestly though, it couldn't be better timing. We get ample time for practice and to integrate Serge without having to figure it out on the fly. Hoping there might even be a bit of chemistry evident when we finally get to see him!... Or is everyone on Vacation? Lol

Comment

Honestly though, it couldn't be better timing. We get ample time for practice and to integrate Serge without having to figure it out on the fly. Hoping there might even be a bit of chemistry evident when we finally get to see him!... Or is everyone on Vacation? Lol
                              Players were due back today, all stars due back tomorrow. Should get 2 full practices in

Comment

Honestly though, it couldn't be better timing. We get ample time for practice and to integrate Serge without having to figure it out on the fly.
                                Learning a single play (ie/ the high PnR) shouldn't be that hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X