Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    We're thin on shooting now. Need to add a shooter desperately.
    We did not change the number of shooters we have with this trade. Frankly, accounting for positional overlap of our existing shooters, we increased the number of usable shooters on a night to night basis.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      We did not change the number of shooters we have with this trade. Frankly, accounting for positional overlap of our existing shooters, we increased the number of usable shooters on a night to night basis.
      Should also allow for more line up flexibility given that Patterson can't play 48 minutes.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Potential closing lineup of:

Ibaka
        PP
        Powell
        DeRozan
        Lowry

Oooooooh!
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Lowry/DD/Powell/Patterson/Ibaka. 3-4 shooters, 3 drivers, 2 mobile bigs, rim protection. Modern NBA lineup. The Frye-Love stopper. I'm gonna need a shower soon.
          I like that lineup a lot. Plus, both Pat and Ibaka fit great next to JV. That's a rock solid three-big rotation for any matchup.

I do hope we don't overuse that lineup at the end of games - but for CLE in particular, that's a game changer.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Awesome trade. If we can do something like flip Sullinger for a shooter it would be even better
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Welcome to Toronto Serge and welcome to the regular rotation Norm.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                Should also allow for more line up flexibility given that Patterson can't play 48 minutes.
                Basically fixes the biggest problems the Raps have had - can roll Ibaka out with the DeRozan bench unit to give them more scoring AND floor spacing/rebounding (depending on if he replaces Pat or BeBe), can roll JV out at any time because you've got two PF's that fit with him, can leave Pat on the bench to suppress his FA value this summer (and keep the Lowry plus bench unit intact, assuming Powell can replicate Ross' contributions).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  We're thin on shooting now. Need to add a shooter desperately.
                  Naw, your 8 man playoff rotation of Lowry/DD/Ibaka/JV/Patt/Carroll/CoJo/Powell has 6 guys who can shoot 3's and the other two, DD & JV, are legit scoring threats. They could add an injury-insurance perimeter player to the bench, but scoring or spacing won't be a problem, this should help a lot with the real problem which is the D just by taking the young bigs out of the regular rotation (replacing them with Ibaka - massive defensive upgrade) and giving Powell more court time.

The potential spacing lineups w/ defensive versatility are amazing.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I don't expect it to be used a lot, but I'm also a little intrigued about seeing a few minutes of Ibaka + Bebe. Against a lineup with little perimeter threat, the shot-blocking intimidation would be incredible.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      I mean sure, in a vaccuum I'd take Millsap over Ibaka, but it's a smalll gap and much more importantly the price they just paid for Ibaka would never, ever have gotten Millsap.
                      I think the Millsap/ibaka gap isn't so slim and worry that it will widen with time. That said, I totally agree that the price for ibaka is why I am happy with the deal. I thought it might be Ross, yak, 1st. Doesn't sound like much more but I value yak and the 1st more than others, I think?
                      Nice that members are in better spirits and getting along. Happy v-day from Masai!

Comment

• Hey, just remembered, right after the all star break is the final game against the Celts. Ooh, I'm looking forward to that right about now!
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Sully+2nd for korver would have been nice now.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Sully+2nd for korver would have been nice now.
                            Damn.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote:
                              This has reenergized me! I feel like meta world peace! https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=NI9RtyU1cOo
                              I can't work.

Comment

• If you are an opposing team, what the heck are you going to do to defend this lineup?

Lowry-Powell-Carroll-Patterson-Ibaka - in short spurts this lineup could crush some spirits.

It would be a nice transitional lineup from the Lowry+bench to the starters at the mid point of Q's 2 and 4.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X