• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not super solid sources from what I see but hey I'm posting it anyway

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post

Not super solid sources from what I see but hey I'm posting it anyway
      I remember reading something about his daughter, and her opinion of moving from Orlando. That will play a big part in his decision.

Comment

• Starting at 20M could mean a variety of contracts. As noted in the piece, he's viewed as a declining piece (which is fair, he posted a barely average PER and WS/48 the past two years, and well below average in both for the Raptors in the regular season and playoffs), so the length of the deal will be a negotiating point.

So, if we assume a money for term tradeoff, the shortest I've seen suggested would be a 3 year deal - Raps could offer as much as 3/65M (starting at 20M). Whereas the least the Raps could offer on a 5 year deal starting at 20M would be 5/84M (17M per year), and the most (for reference) would be 5/116M (23M per year - this is where I had him pegged).

Maybe 5/100 with a player option?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Starting at 20M could mean a variety of contracts. As noted in the piece, he's viewed as a declining piece (which is fair, he posted a barely average PER and WS/48 the past two years, and well below average in both for the Raptors in the regular season and playoffs), so the length of the deal will be a negotiating point.

So, if we assume a money for term tradeoff, the shortest I've seen suggested would be a 3 year deal - Raps could offer as much as 3/65M (starting at 20M). Whereas the least the Raps could offer on a 5 year deal starting at 20M would be 5/84M (17M per year), and the most (for reference) would be 5/116M (23M per year - this is where I had him pegged).

Maybe 5/100 with a player option?
          I wouldn't mind him and lowry both signing for the same length of time. That means in the future even if we run the treadmill we will have huge cap flexibility down the line. We solidify A CULTURE what ever that is. We solidify our player development and reputation. I think it is a solid idea. I was worried he would want more closer to 25. 20 per year sounds about right and seems fair. It doesn't cap us out as much. At this point every single dollar counts since we are above. We can also always trade JV and Demarre during the season if the off-season doesn't end up yielding solid trade prospects.

Comment

• If we trade JV I think we need to obtain someone who can replace his skillset of rebounding and a big body. We need the next "Nerlens Noel".

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              If we trade JV I think we need to obtain someone who can replace his skillset of rebounding and a big body. We need the next "Nerlens Noel".
              Nerlens Noel might be a good fit

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Nerlens Noel might be a good fit
                That ship has sailed.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• League sources said that a new deal for Ibaka is basically done and that it will start in the $20 million range. It’s possible someone surfaces on July 1 with a better offer, but given Ibaka’s age and rocky season in Orlando, that seems unlikely.
                  http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/19/...0-million/amp/

Comment

• Seems suspect that someone will leak that if it we're true.

Comment

• Not surprised. Considering that Masai has been on his tail for some time now and then gave up Ross and a 1st for him...there just had to be a quid pro quo re a contract/term understanding w/Ibaka before MU made the deal. If true it helps in as much it serves as an attraction to a Lowry or someone else about the makeup of theteam going forward.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Not surprised. Considering that Masai has been on his tail for some time now and then gave up Ross and a 1st for him...there just had to be a quid pro quo re a contract/term understanding w/Ibaka before MU made the deal. If true it helps in as much it serves as an attraction to a Lowry or someone else about the makeup of theteam going forward.
                        I am sure that the african connection with Giants of Africa plays a bit of a roll.
                        We just need Aminu now.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Not surprised. Considering that Masai has been on his tail for some time now and then gave up Ross and a 1st for him...there just had to be a quid pro quo re a contract/term understanding w/Ibaka before MU made the deal. If true it helps in as much it serves as an attraction to a Lowry or someone else about the makeup of theteam going forward.
                          That maybe true but I will wait for either Ibaka to confirm it, Raptors press release or Woz bomb.

Comment

• So keep this expensive core to not make to the finals. Interesting tactic.

Comment

• Atothe wrote: View Post
                              So keep this expensive core to not make to the finals. Interesting tactic.
                              Ain't costing me a dime, actually.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Ain't costing me a dime, actually.
                                The problem isn't your money, it's the cap. Raps now have to shed talented depth and go with guys on rookie contracts with the knowledge that the guys eating up most of the cap consistently under perform in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X