Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I didn't notice, but it is concerning.

But why would Ibaka care to get back into a game that was already decided? He was eager to play garbage minutes? Doesn't make much sense.
    The rest of the starters were out there at the time and im guessing he felt left out.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Not very mature for a 43 year old
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Rex always seems to be the one who gets shit on. Wasn't it him last year that demar was yelling at when he got subbed out.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
          Rex always seems to be the one who gets shit on. Wasn't it him last year that demar was yelling at when he got subbed out.
          Because he handles the sub patterns for Casey

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
            The rest of the starters were out there at the time and im guessing he felt left out.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
            Powell was not.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

But why would Ibaka care to get back into a game that was already decided? He was eager to play garbage minutes? Doesn't make much sense.
              He wanted to pad his stats, why else would he be yelling at JV from 'taking his rebound?'!

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                It's been one game... calm down folks lol
                100%. Not taking anything away from the bench, they were awesome, but in an opener against a depleted, easy target like the bulls, anyone hungry had the chance to put on a show. The thing is, there's only so many touches and minutes to go around, so you can't have everyone under sun put up a stellar performance. There just wasn't a need, this was almost like an extension of the preseason.

To paraphrase Jack Armstrong , "Serge is a guy you can close your eyes, at the end of the game he'll give you 14-15 pts, 6 rebounds and couple of blocks night in night out". The catch here, is that this only happens when the team actually needs him. We didn't need him last night. There were some many young guys with so much to prove ahead of them, he took a back seat.

Whether that was willing or not I don't know, but it's hard to blame the guy for not putting the effort, and at the same time blame him for being eager to get back in the game to target practice on the bulls, when there wasn't even a need for it. He reminds me sometimes of Kevin Love against weak teams: like "WTF, is this guy even trying?", but then he comes out another night, when it matters, and shuts everyone up with a couple of timely 3's and blocks on clutch time.

Serge is the only guy on this team who's been to an NBA finals. Yes, that was 5 years ago, but when he's needed, he'll still deliver it. I really don't sweat about what he did in October against the bulls when everyone else is rolling. One game. It's what he'll do in May against the Celtics & Cavs that matter

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  He wanted to pad his stats, why else would he be yelling at JV from 'taking his rebound?'!
                  Could be. Or could've simply been, "dude, guys' legs are exploding on a nightly basis. Let's just chill, we're on the same team, and there's no Bulls player in sight".

Jonas basically went through Ibaka to grab that board, lol.

Comment

Could be. Or could've simply been, "dude, guys' legs are exploding on a nightly basis. Let's just chill, we're on the same team, and there's no Bulls player in sight".

Jonas basically went through Ibaka to grab that board, lol.
                    lol ibaka just hasn't witnessed "berserk JV" yet. he'll get used to it.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                      100%. Not taking anything away from the bench, they were awesome, but in an opener against a depleted, easy target like the bulls, anyone hungry had the chance to put on a show. The thing is, there's only so many touches and minutes to go around, so you can't have everyone under sun put up a stellar performance. There just wasn't a need, this was almost like an extension of the preseason.

To paraphrase Jack Armstrong , "Serge is a guy you can close your eyes, at the end of the game he'll give you 14-15 pts, 6 rebounds and couple of blocks night in night out". The catch here, is that this only happens when the team actually needs him. We didn't need him last night. There were some many young guys with so much to prove ahead of them, he took a back seat.

Whether that was willing or not I don't know, but it's hard to blame the guy for not putting the effort, and at the same time blame him for being eager to get back in the game to target practice on the bulls, when there wasn't even a need for it. He reminds me sometimes of Kevin Love against weak teams: like "WTF, is this guy even trying?", but then he comes out another night, when it matters, and shuts everyone up with a couple of timely 3's and blocks on clutch time.

Serge is the only guy on this team who's been to an NBA finals. Yes, that was 5 years ago, but when he's needed, he'll still deliver it. I really don't sweat about what he did in October against the bulls when everyone else is rolling. One game. It's what he'll do in May against the Celtics & Cavs that matter
                      I totally agree with this. Ibaka is a vet. It's hard for him to get up for teams like the Bulls. I'm not at all worried about him. Lowry/Deebo/Ibaka pretty much took yesterday as an extra preseason game. You could tell they were on cruise control. I think you see a whole different Ibaka on Saturday against Philly. Ibaka still blocked 2 shots and made 2 3s yesterday. He will be fine.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        I totally agree with this. Ibaka is a vet. It's hard for him to get up for teams like the Bulls. I'm not at all worried about him. Lowry/Deebo/Ibaka pretty much took yesterday as an extra preseason game. You could tell they were on cruise control. I think you see a whole different Ibaka on Saturday against Philly. Ibaka still blocked 2 shots and made 2 3s yesterday. He will be fine.

"It's hard for him to get up" I'm sorry...if it's "hard" to receive 250,000 per game and play the first regular game in 5 months in front of your home crowd, we may need to check your pulse.

I should try that with my boss. "Man I've been here awhile, it's monday so I really don't give a shit. Probably by wednesday I'll start caring a bit"

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          "It's hard for him to get up" I'm sorry...if it's "hard" to receive 250,000 per game and play the first regular game in 5 months in front of your home crowd, we may need to check your pulse.

I should try that with my boss. "Man I've been here awhile, it's monday so I really don't give a shit. Probably by wednesday I'll start caring a bit"
                          It's the Bulls and he played 24 mins. What else do you want from. The game was over midway through the 2nd Q.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Hey!! Easy there!

At his age it gets harder and harder to "get up"....

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              ...I think you see a whole different Ibaka on Saturday against Philly...
                              Yep. I rest my case. Nailed it today, will surely be great on many others, and will also suck in a few others too, like every decent player does.

It's April and May. if he sucks in December against the Phoenix Suns and the Atlanta Hawks, go right ahead. It's how he comes through in the spring that will be huge for the raps. The veteran presence, stable D, spacing, and ballsy no-hesitation quality 3's are exactly what the raptors need in the playoffs. He's got it, hopefully he'll keep it up till then.
                              Last edited by inthepaint; Sun Oct 22, 2017, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Lost: one $65,000,000 third banana. If found, please return to the Air Canada Centre.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X