No announcement yet.

Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibaka + Patterson should be able to solve our defensive problems in the 4th and against Cleveland

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Basically fixes the biggest problems the Raps have had - can roll Ibaka out with the DeRozan bench unit to give them more scoring AND floor spacing/rebounding (depending on if he replaces Pat or BeBe), can roll JV out at any time because you've got two PF's that fit with him, can leave Pat on the bench to suppress his FA value this summer (and keep the Lowry plus bench unit intact, assuming Powell can replicate Ross' contributions).
      Pat is already on the phone with the nets talking max deal.

Comment

We did not change the number of shooters we have with this trade. Frankly, accounting for positional overlap of our existing shooters, we increased the number of usable shooters on a night to night basis.
        Yeah it's more that we are thin on the wing, and if we are going to target someone, it'd be nice if they're a shooter to help offset the loss of Ross. It would give some insurance if we have an injury or if Powell/Carroll struggle on a given night.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Ah, "he doesn't do anything" "he's scared of trades" "you can't win all your trades" Masai Ujiri, what a pain in the ass for Raptors fans. /sarcasm
          Haven't gone through the whole thread yet, but let me be the first to say I will never doubt him again, until the next slump

Comment

• Kyle Lowry just went from babysitting Pascal and Poeltl to having Ibaka lmao he must be smiling
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Yeah it's more that we are thin on the wing, and if we are going to target someone, it'd be nice if they're a shooter to help offset the loss of Ross. It would give some insurance if we have an injury or if Powell/Carroll struggle on a given night.

Find a struggling team willing to unload a guy for future assets, a Courtney Lee or (even better) Tony Snell type would be nice.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Hey, just remembered, right after the all star break is the final game against the Celts. Ooh, I'm looking forward to that right about now!
                These green fu*kers control the trade market now.

Comment

Find a struggling team willing to unload a guy for future assets, a Courtney Lee or (even better) Tony Snell type would be nice.
                  Someone like Hollis Thompson would be a good fit. He'd cost virtually nothing to aquire and he's a very good 3pt shooter.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    These green fu*kers control the trade market now.
                    They've controlled the trade market for three solid years, hasn't gotten them nothing yet. Not the least bit concerned.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah maybe a guy with one or two years left as well? Like a bad team might then take on Sully plus minor sweetener for such a deal.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Yeah, I guess. I think that one goes in the "nice to have" category and not the "need" category, so I'm fine if they decide to ride it out. I could see a move of Cory for an expiring (or rookie scale) wing, to clear cap room and balance the roster a bit.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hi guys Michael Grange can confirm that this trade is happening. It's ok to celebrate now.

Comment

• Kyle coming into practice today after hearing about the Ibaka deal.

Comment

• Waiting for my zach lowe column now
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

They've controlled the trade market for three solid years, hasn't gotten them nothing yet. Not the least bit concerned.
                                Fultz/#1 is a nice chip to dangle. A bunch of value contracts, another nets 1st and cap to absorb a max. Not a popular sentiment here but I certainly don't take those assets lightly. Same goes for Philly.
                                We got ibaka today so fuck it!

Comment

Working...
                                X