Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    I said this before and i'm going to say it again - OKC version of Ibaka > Paul Millsap.

Ibaka last night looked like the OKC Ibaka.
    Wouldn't that be a dream. I think he can do it on most nights but not sure about night in and night out based on athleticism. I don't believe he is only 27. I think he is older. That is just par for the course in Africa for guys trying to make it in basketball...younger is better just like when the mock boards are filled with freshmen and 18/19 year old international sensations in the top 20 picks. His experience should make him wise (both on and off the court) and anything he has lost from an athletic perspective should be more than compensated.

But what I do think has happened with Ibaka over the last 2 years is interesting and should be beneficial for Toronto. I am going to spin my own narrative here so bear with me....

I believe he was annoyed with being in the shadows of KD and Westbrook. I don't think he felt he was totally appreciated for his contributions to the Thunder over the years by fans, media, and maybe even teammates. But despite this they still won. Winning solves a lot of ills. Then going to Orlando where he had a chance to be 'the man' only to be on a losing team for the first time in 6 years must have been difficult. So now he is on another winning team with two offensive players carrying the load but with a team that had a major, glaring hole. I think he will fill that hole admirably and also become a 3rd option complimentary offensive player. Most importantly I think he is going to be happy with that role because he is going to be appreciated in Toronto, the team will be winning, and he probably recognizes he isn't the type of player to be 'the man' on a team - but he is still damn important. That game versus Boston was just one game but what a game it was and I believe it is a sign of things to come.

Comment

• I might declare a holiday soon as Ibaka get back on the road!

#butuknowhowdatshitgo
      #runningthruda6

Comment

• Ibaka is pretty much proof that you can't just look at blocks per game to judge defense. (Apparently his defense has "massively declined" because his BPG averages have come down)

Second straight night he's only recorded one block but his defense has been game changing nonetheless. Such a great fit
        Last edited by tDotted; Sun Feb 26, 2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• yep this guy is good.

Comment

• Raptor's first legit PF since like... 2010?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Ibaka is pretty much proof that you can't just look at blocks per game to judge defense.

Second straight night he's only recorded one block but his defense has been game changing nonetheless. Such a great fit
              Which is ironic considering he used to lead the league in blocks per game for years.

Comment

• This is what a legit starting PF looks like. A lot different than 2pat.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  This is what a legit starting PF looks like. A lot different than 2pat.

2Pat is a good 3rd big, I think having Ibaka on this team will really make him shine.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Hopefully Casey doesn't run him into the ground.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                      Raptor's first legit PF since like... 2010?
                      Patterson is legit, but Ibaka is...

Comment

• I'm now actually curious to see Serge take on Love in a playoff series.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          AD played the 5 for us.
                          He played both but more 5. I think Kevin Willis was with him 1 yr?

Comment

Pat is legit.

Comment

2pat is a starting PF on a lot of teams. Just not teams with Ibaka.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                I might declare a holiday soon as Ibaka get back on the road!

#butuknowhowdatshitgo
                                #runningthruda6
                                This is genius

Comment

Working...
                                X