No announcement yet.

Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibaka may have dropped off defensively since his days in okc. But honestly aside from his last days there he didn't really have a shot. I'm happy with the trade off from elite defender. To 3 and d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah yeah....we all know he isn't 27 y/o, he is 31 at best.

Just like Thon was claiming to be 19, turns out he's 24. I think it's the exact same thing with Serge. It's fairly damn obvious he isn't DeMar's age and going into his prime. Physically you can see he's far closer to Lowry in age which is why I wasn't thrilled about this trade or wanting to give up a lot because we're basically going to commit massive money to 2 guys on the wrong side of 30 but whatever.

Comment

• Talk about his stats sliding, sure, but the armchair analysis of his age based on his looks or voice (!) is dopey. People are different.

Here are pics of Serge, Greg Oden, and Lebron all in their 26/27 y.o. seasons. Are we sure Serge is a few years older than he thinks/claims he is b/c he "looks/sounds old":

He looks younger than both those guys did.
        Last edited by S.R.; Wed Feb 15, 2017, 12:33 PM.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Talk about his stats sliding, sure, but the armchair analysis of his age based on his looks or voice (!) is dopey. People are different.

Here are pics of Serge, Greg Oden, and Lebron all in their 26/27 y.o. seasons. Are we sure Serge is a few years older than he thinks/claims he is b/c he "looks/sounds old":

I prefer pics comparing him then to now as opposed to picking some random older looking player. which I think is fairly weak.

He physically looks a lot more like a 27 year old a few years back both aesthetically and his production. He was noticably more AGILE (which is usually a huge tell tale sign of age) just a few years ago which corresponded with his better blocking numbers and it makes sense because he could move quicker and jump higher. Just go watch some old OKC footage of Serge and it's evident.

Comment

• his defensive responsibilities are different starting next to perkins and starting next to adams. that, in part, could account for some of his "statistical decline".

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              I prefer pics comparing him then to now as opposed to picking some random older looking player. which I think is fairly weak.

He physically looks a lot more like a 27 year old a few years back both aesthetically and his production. He was noticably more AGILE (which is usually a huge tell tale sign of age) just a few years ago which corresponded with his better blocking numbers and it makes sense because he could move quicker and jump higher. Just go watch some old OKC footage of Serge and it's evident.
              Alright, let me rephrase my first sentence to "Talk about his stats/skills sliding, sure..."

Otherwise I think you missed the point, which is addressing the part of the debate where people actually bring up the fact that they think he looks older than 27 as a person, not talking about his play on the court. That's all, don't take the post further than that.

Comment

• Yeah, oden looked 45 at Ohio state.
                Lebron was a bit baby face in high school but he got a lot more miles on him being the centre of the basketball world for a decade. Sorta like a US president.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  This has been covered ad nauseum. The only reason people worry about age is it causes decline, so you can judge him on his numbers over the last few years. He's seen a decent uptick in most of his numbers this year, and we don't need that much from him besides being a great fit (which he is), so I'm not concerned.
                  For $25m he needs to anchor our defense. No small task.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, oden looked 45 at Ohio state.
                    Lebron was a bit baby face in high school but he got a lot more miles on him being the centre of the basketball world for a decade. Sorta like a US president.
                    This is a much funner thread idea you're on to.

For example, how about kansas star Perry Ellis who looks like a weathered mechanic

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      his defensive responsibilities are different starting next to perkins and starting next to adams. that, in part, could account for some of his "statistical decline".
                      A big part of it, even during his time in OKC his role shifted from under the basket to a guy pulled out to the perimeter not only for shooting 3's on O but also for guarding smaller perimeter players on D. According to Thunder fans, this is the main reason his blocks and rebounds dropped, he was simply spending more time away from the basket. His FG% dropped as he took more 3's. But the fans who watched him every game were still very happy with his D, especially his increased versatility:

http://newsok.com/article/5503411

Comment

• Kyle Lowry's currently in the peak of his career, maybe he's secretly 27 and not 30 years old.

Maybe Landry Fields was 33 in his rookie season and that's why he only got worse from there.

Maybe Greg Oden was 60 all along and that's why his knees gave out so many times.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          This is a much funner thread idea you're on to.

For example, how about kansas star Perry Ellis who looks like a weathered mechanic

Or this guy from the high school JV team:

We also have to include Sheldon Williams, whose forehead goes all the way up to the penthouse suite:

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            A big part of it, even during his time in OKC his role shifted from under the basket to a guy pulled out to the perimeter not only for shooting 3's on O but also for guarding smaller perimeter players on D. According to Thunder fans, this is the main reason his blocks and rebounds dropped, he was simply spending more time away from the basket. His FG% dropped as he took more 3's. But the fans who watched him every game were still very happy with his D, especially his increased versatility:

http://newsok.com/article/5503411
                            precisely, all PF's are being dragged away from the basket more and more in recent years as teams focus on shooting 3s at a higher rate. It's easy to envision a scenario in which Scotty Brooks directs Ibaka to worry more about perimeter D and expanding his range, in part due to playing next to a more capable and mobile big man in Adams (who can defend the rim and rebound better than Perkins), and in part due to necessity in order to keep up with growing trends league wide.

Comment

• The thing is Ibaka is a PF. Most hand around the perimeter now. Ibaka isn't around the rim like he was in his earlier years.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Speaking of which:

Our new number sev....nine. Welcome to TO, @sergeibaka7! #WeTheNorth

A post shared by Toronto Huskies (@raptors) on

Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X