Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I thought it was consensus that Ibaka was best at 5. Basically all the major advanced stat orientated talking heads agree with that such as Zach Lowe and Nate Duncan.
    Probably. Seems like that's what the raps and he want, which is what matters.

Comment

• You gotta think that if tristan thompson can survive at C in this league then serge should be able to as well.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
        You gotta think that if tristan thompson can survive at C in this league then serge should be able to as well.
        What does he have to survive? Outside of Cousins and Deandre Jordan, who exactly is an imposing force at C? I guess Drummond but he's so bad and dumb defensively you can make up for any rebounding advantage.

The reason JV has no value in the trade market is that guys like Ibaka are a better fit at C in the modern NBA
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          What does he have to survive? Outside of Cousins and Deandre Jordan, who exactly is an imposing force at C? I guess Drummond but he's so bad and dumb defensively you can make up for any rebounding advantage.

The reason JV has no value in the trade market is that guys like Ibaka are a better fit at C in the modern NBA
          Which position in the NBA has to battle down low for position through bodies, fight off 2-3 players consistently for offensive / defensive boards? The 4 or the 5?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
            Which position in the NBA has to battle down low for position through bodies, fight off 2-3 players consistently for offensive / defensive boards? The 4 or the 5?
            If your C needs to fight off 2-3 players for boards then his teammates suck ass at boxing out.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              If your C needs to fight off 2-3 players for boards then his teammates suck ass at boxing out.
              Welcome to the Raptors.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A season of JV and Serge battling each other for the ball in the paint to see who can make the most turnovers in a game without an assist. This should be amusing.

Seriously, JV was hopelessly paired in the starting lineup with Scola, Sullinger, Siakam and Serge and the results were uniformly disastrous. I actually like JVs game. He's still young. Why not see what he can do with a real role? But, it should be obvious he has to play alongside a PF who spreads the court, swings the ball and hustles back on defence.

Does anyone think that describes Serge? When Ibaka got shipped out of Orlando the Sentinel said the trade for him had "backfired" because sometimes on defence "it looked like his feet were stuck in cement" and on offence his teammates "got frustrated with his unwillingness to pass" He basically has the same issues as JV except older and less efficient.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Welcome to the Raptors.
                  Haven't you mention in the pass that Lowry/Debo/carroll are above average rebounders for their positions? People that are saying the team will struggle at rebounding with Ibaka at C really need to go check the rebounding numbers when Serge was at C.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Haven't you mention in the pass that Lowry/Debo/carroll are above average rebounders for their positions? People that are saying the team will struggle at rebounding with Ibaka at C really need to go check the rebounding numbers when Serge was at C.
                    Again, it's circular. Serge was mostly used at C against backups and good matchups. On the occasions where he got a bad matchup, it often turned ugly on the boards. Nevermind that almost all the Serge-at-C lineups had Tucker in them, and Tucker was a fantastic rebounder.

I mentioned that those players were above average to support putting a weak rebounder at the 4 next to a near-elite rebounder at the 5. Not to wash away the sins of a mediocre rebounding PF playing C, with probably another weak rebounder at the 4 to provide more shooting.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• BrieflySpeaking wrote: View Post
                      A season of JV and Serge battling each other for the ball in the paint to see who can make the most turnovers in a game without an assist. This should be amusing.

Seriously, JV was hopelessly paired in the starting lineup with Scola, Sullinger, Siakam and Serge and the results were uniformly disastrous. I actually like JVs game. He's still young. Why not see what he can do with a real role? But, it should be obvious he has to play alongside a PF who spreads the court, swings the ball and hustles back on defence.

Does anyone think that describes Serge? When Ibaka got shipped out of Orlando the Sentinel said the trade for him had "backfired" because sometimes on defence "it looked like his feet were stuck in cement" and on offence his teammates "got frustrated with his unwillingness to pass" He basically has the same issues as JV except older and less efficient.
                      hmm didn't we have a guy like that recently? I think his name was Patrick or something?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        hmm didn't we have a guy like that recently? I think his name was Patrick or something?
                        The results were also not bad with Ibaka, but for much of that time they were playing with Carroll, Cojo and Demar. Spacing was a disaster. It was once again an awful starting lineup in terms of complementary skills.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          The results were also not bad with Ibaka, but for much of that time they were playing with Carroll, Cojo and Demar. Spacing was a disaster. It was once again an awful starting lineup in terms of complementary skills.

Yeah, it's possible Ibaka can have the same sort of impact with time and familiarity. We just have no proof that he can, just yet.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, it's possible Ibaka can have the same sort of impact with time and familiarity. We just have no proof that he can, just yet.
                            Well i'd love yo see a JV-Ibaka-DD-Lowry lineup with a reliable defensive SF who can shoot the 3 more consistently than Carroll. And you know, a coach who'll emphasize ball movement so all guys can be legit threats. Feels like that's chasing unicorns now though...

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

Nilanka bringing all the hype man Tweets today. When does the season start???
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X