Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    ... Celtics roster was already badly flawed in comparison to the Raps and the gap just widened. ...
    Don't forget that Ainge has a vast war chest and he just got a significant shot across his bow. This is not over until all the moves are made and how each of those moves impact the each teams playoff runs. I'll leave this summer out of it for the moment.

Comment

• We're thin on shooting now. Need to add a shooter desperately.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        This is key. Frye looking like Larry Bird every time he steps on the court vs. Raps.
        Love and Frye countered with a more defensive + shooting Patterson and Ibaka

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
          Tbh I was really on the fence about ibaka bc of his "age" and contract but Ross + the lesser 1st, at this stage, is the right move.
          If DC and ibaka play up to the level of what they were acquired for then we got a competitive chance.
          No one wants to hear this now but if they play to the level of our fears then I hope we cut our losses and don't resign ibaka. $40m to those two could really hamstring us.
          Im down for sully + a 2nd for tucker-type. Targets?
          If Casey can't make this work and we continue to slide as of late, perhaps the best move is to let Casey walk and bring another coach in.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            That's from 2010. No real word yet on whether Ibaka will join team in TOR or on the road.
            I know. He won't, probably. He needs to get visa processed.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              If Casey can't make this work and we continue to slide as of late, perhaps the best move is to let Casey walk and bring another coach in.
              I'd say thats a given. If you can't make the defense improve with Ibaka on the team, then good riddance.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                We're thin on shooting now. Need to add a shooter desperately.
                No were not. Ross > powell, Ibaka >>> siakam/bebe/sullinger
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  I know. He won't, probably. He needs to get visa processed.
                  Here's to hoping he doesn't have trouble constantly crossing the border.

#HalfJoking
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'm still amazed at the price. I thought this was one where Ujiri was going to need to wait it out, and then end up giving up Ross+Poeltl (or maybe Siakam or Bebe) + the better of our picks at the deadline; Millsap getting taken off the market only seemed to make the cost go up. Instead it's the worse of our picks, no prospect, and (best of all) we get the trade before the all-star break so there's maximum practice time to get him integrated. For me this is definitely another 'how the hell did Ujiri swing that?' trade.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      I'd say thats a given. If you can't make the defense improve with Ibaka on the team, then good riddance.
                      He hasn't had a full season with him.

... what? I'm 100% positive that you will hear something along these lines.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• This trade also opens up a spot for Powell to see refular playing time. So this is a great trade.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Excting times. Great trade
                          Damn, photoshopped the Avatar already! Haha

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Tbh I was really on the fence about ibaka bc of his "age" and contract but Ross + the lesser 1st, at this stage, is the right move.
                            If DC and ibaka play up to the level of what they were acquired for then we got a competitive chance.
                            No one wants to hear this now but if they play to the level of our fears then I hope we cut our losses and don't resign ibaka. $40m to those two could really hamstring us.
                            Im down for sully + a 2nd for tucker-type. Targets?
                            Shhhh, this is for later, hopefully we won't need to talk about it.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I seem to recall a lot of folks against the idea of adding Ibaka.

My, how reality changes opinions
                              How could someone be against a versatile big that play Defense and Shoot the rock? Don't get it.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                                I'm still amazed at the price. I thought this was one where Ujiri was going to need to wait it out, and then end up giving up Ross+Poeltl (or maybe Siakam or Bebe) + the better of our picks at the deadline; Millsap getting taken off the market only seemed to make the cost go up. Instead it's the worse of our picks, no prospect, and (best of all) we get the trade before the all-star break so there's maximum practice time to get him integrated. For me this is definitely another 'how the hell did Ujiri swing that?' trade.
                                That's actually the main reason I'm happy with the trade. The cost. I figured it would cost an arm and a leg for a rental who's abilities really are degressing at a pretty fast rate but we didn't have to give up too much (regardless of who we were going to trade for, Ross would have to be the one sent given that he was easily the most desirable piece that we have that isn't Lowry, DeRozan or JV).

It's also why I can't be mad that Ross is gone (will openly admit he was one of my favourite Raptors) but hopefully he can pull a T-Mac and take over that team. Ibaka should help and a 3 big Rotation of JV/Ibaka/Patterson should be lethal.
                                Last edited by Just Is; Tue Feb 14, 2017, 01:40 PM.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X