Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    According to Michael Grange on PTS, Derrick Favors was in the mix too.
    Really. Interesting.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      But older. I'd prefer favors long term but still happy regardless
      Yes better long term but I believe long term we couldn't have both JV and favors, so we'd have to deal one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Well fair enough, I meant "defensive pedigree" I guess.
        He's a 3x All-Defensive 1st Team, and 2x Blocks leader. Anchored the defense of a couple of Finals bound teams, and leads the NBA in cumulative blocks since 2008-09.
        so are we discounting Hakeem? He had mad pedigree
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          so are we discounting Hakeem? He had mad pedigree
          Seeing as Olajuwon was on his farewell tour/last legs, he shouldn't really get the same consideration as 'all-time best Raps defender.' If he'd been able to make an impact, then yeah, 100% he takes it –
          he'll obviously go down as the immeasurably better player+defender in the history of the game.
          But unfortunately for us, Hakeem will be remembered as a non-factor and a footnote with the Raps.
          Ibaka on the other hand – while he's yet to play a game for us – has a real opportunity to earn that title in his time here.

(I knock on wood.)

COME ON SERGE!!!

Comment

• https://theringer.com/serge-ibaka-do...fe5#.yrkpvo6jv

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Danny chat is right on the money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                I am his source

And he'll be coming off the bench that game as well

You're Welcome
                Lol. Thank you.

Comment

• I think this is the greatest fear of Raptors fans:

Or maybe this is what they’ve always been: a good, possibly great team built atop a shoddy foundation.
                  The playoffs should provide definitive proof either way.

Comment

• davywilly wrote: View Post
                    Ha! So true.

That video of the Pistons game posession is horrible - look at the movement of the other Raptors, Carroll actually walking out of bounds on the baseline because it doesn't even matter if he's on the court, Lowry walking around the JV screen because DeMar is never going to pass the ball - everybody knows there is no play, there will be no pass. That allows DeMar's defender to overplay him, and with that set up DeMar doesn't have a clear path to anywhere - left, right, or to the basket he's going to run into a help defender within 2-3 steps. That means, and his defender knows, he is only going to do one thing - use a couple of dribbles and a couple of pump fakes to try to create enough space to get an 18 foot shot off. He's literally not going anywhere. Could you make a final player any easier to defend? That is an honest question.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• davywilly wrote: View Post
                      "Since 2013–14, the Raptors have played 129 games in which they found themselves behind by five or fewer points with no more than five minutes remaining, and they’ve won only 42 of them."

The Raptors W/L% over that time period is 0.614. Their W/L% in those 129 close games is 0.326. That is bad news for tightly contested playoff series...

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        "Since 2013–14, the Raptors have played 129 games in which they found themselves behind by five or fewer points with no more than five minutes remaining, and they’ve won only 42 of them."

The Raptors W/L% over that time period is 0.614. Their W/L% in those 129 close games is 0.326. That is bad news for tightly contested playoff series...
                        As long as I can care to remember, this has been the one single coaching flaw railed about Casey on this board..end of game/oto plays. My own opinion is that he has many plusses as a NBA level coach but not this. I believe most of even his ardent supporters would agree. Masai is the curiosity though. He probably values all those other positives more.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          As long as I can care to remember, this has been the one single coaching flaw railed about Casey on this board..end of game/oto plays. My own opinion is that he has many plusses as a NBA level coach but not this. I believe most of even his ardent supporters would agree. Masai is the curiosity though. He probably values all those other positives more.
                          I think in general as long as the team has been making progress, it's made sense to keep Casey. They have, in general, gotten better every year.

The defence slipping this year and now the post-Christmas funk (leading to the most frustration we've seen from the lockerroom in several years) present a bump we have not seen in the Masai/Casey era in terms of the severity of the step back. It's different than making progress in general even though not everything is perfect (can't really expect perfection).

The remainder of the year will decide everything. Here's to hoping for the best, as much as I'd like to see a coach with great end of game play calls.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Also if this is his biggest drawback, if this is his limitation, just pay anyone or offer a RR internship to yell NO. NO. NO. Dwane NO. Bad Dwane. NO. Don't flatten out. Don't start 2 player movement with 4 seconds left. NO. Run anything. Just anything.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              Seeing as Olajuwon was on his farewell tour/last legs, he shouldn't really get the same consideration as 'all-time best Raps defender.' If he'd been able to make an impact, then yeah, 100% he takes it –
                              he'll obviously go down as the immeasurably better player+defender in the history of the game.
                              But unfortunately for us, Hakeem will be remembered as a non-factor and a footnote with the Raps.
                              Ibaka on the other hand – while he's yet to play a game for us – has a real opportunity to earn that title in his time here.

(I knock on wood.)

COME ON SERGE!!!
                              yeah but man serge hasnt even played a game yet and people are hailing him as the best raptor defender ever. well what could they possibly be basing that on? the rest of his career right? Bu that logic, then Hakeem was the best defender that we ever had (not the best while he was here, but best body of work...)
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Is it Friday yet?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X