Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Nah he plays more like Patterson, or Miami Chris Bosh. Hes sick from mid range and good from 3. He protects the rim on D though
    That's interesting. We've improved our defence and added 3 point shooting to our starting line up. Should really open things up for DeMar and Kyle.

Comment

• MLSE will go into the luxury tax if it means retaining sales.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        "So I just stand here and watch DeMar?"

Done.
        I literally choked on the water I was drinking at work when I saw this. You cold blooded.

... yet it's pretty accurate.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          That's interesting. We've improved our defence and added 3 point shooting to our starting line up. Should really open things up for DeMar and Kyle.
          Even aside from Ibaka being a very good PF, the fact that he is going to be replacing Siakam/Bebe/Poeltl at the 4 is huge, the performance gap between him and those guys (at this early stage in their careers) can't really be overstated.

Then there's the versatility, as has been mentioned. A whole handful of lineup combinations are better with Ibaka here than before, not just the starting 5.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            This really is the most talented Raptors roster ever.

3 allstar caliber players in the starting unit.

Now, the only hindrance would be Casey sticking to his hero-ball sets, and Ibaka getting annoyed that he's sitting in the corners watching in crunch time.
            Ibaka played many years with KD and Westbrook. He's not coming in to be supreme alpha gimme da touches guy
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Even aside from Ibaka being a very good PF, the fact that he is going to be replacing Siakam/Bebe/Poeltl at the 4 is huge, the performance gap between him and those guys (at this early stage in their careers) can't really be overstated.

Then there's the versatility, as has been mentioned. A whole handful of lineup combinations are better with Ibaka here than before, not just the starting 5.
              Completely agree. Those guys were not cutting it and we badly needed a vet at that position. Amazing that we added a vet of Ibaka's calibre. And at that price too?! Opposing teams will not be driving into the lane so freely.

Comment

Ibaka played many years with KD and Westbrook. He's not coming in to be supreme alpha gimme da touches guy

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/serge-...J0bEPYoltES.97

Comment

With a career 18-20% USG rate, that's right in line with Ross/JV/Powell/CoJo on this year's team, it'll be very similar to what he's used to.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Hopefully being on a terrible team and a realisation that he's never going be good in an expanded offensive role (like Carroll has hopefully realised) will make him care less about shots.

Comment

Is it too late to vote Ibaka as an allstar starter???
                      Love's out, East needs a big ma replacement.

Silver should do the right thing.

first time raps send 3 All-Stars

Comment

• DD's scrum about Ibaka, Lowry's next;

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...akas-one-kind/

Comment

• I wonder if this trade would've materialized had the Raps not played so poorly over the past 6-7 weeks.

Then again, given the cost, seemed like a no brainer.

Comment

• Every five minutes or so I think of another thing I love about this.
                            "Oh yeah, he'd already become our most experienced playoff player."
                            "Oh yeah, we already have an assistant coach on staff from his best days in Oklahoma."

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                              Every five minutes or so I think of another thing I love about this.
                              "Oh yeah, we already have an assistant coach on staff from his best days in Oklahoma."
                              "Oh yeah his wife is hotter than TJ's fling with Amber"

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                                Every five minutes or so I think of another thing I love about this.
                                The African connection with Masai.
                                The same agent as Lowry.
                                The fact that he's going from a lotto team to a playoff team (motivation).
                                The fact that ownership has stated, repeatedly, that they're willing to pay the tax.
                                The fact that Cavs are missing their best big man.

Comment

Working...
                                X