Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    The Raptors just acquired Serge Ibaka from the Magic for Terrence Ross and a 2017 first round pick.

Welcome to Toronto, Air Congo!
    Overpay but necesaary.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Damn, Lowry you couldn't get upset 2 weeks ago?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Are you actually kidding me right now? Of course you're not.

You know exactly what Lowry and the other Raptors players were referring to (hell, Lowry wasn't explicit about it but Carroll definitely was). I refuse to believe you don't know even if you won't admit it outwardly.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Overpay but necesaary.
        Serious? Or Sarcasm? Lol

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          Overpay but necesaary.
          Overpay for Orlando? How is Ross and a mid/late 20s pick and overpay for Ibaka?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Want to be a top 5 team, gonna have to pay for it.
            Do you remember the Barkley comment from last season about the new CBA and how it's going to make top players from average teams get paid like true superstars because of the numbers they will put up? I kinda feel like we're the top end of that. We're gonna see it this off season. Compare our payroll and roster to San Antonio Spurs'. That's why Lebron was jealous. I'm jealous.

Comment

• Rand wrote: View Post
              I think our payroll next season is going to be BONKERS. I'd think we'll have a payroll second to Cavs and Warriors. We better be in conference finals for years with this. Yet somehow I just don't know if the talent level of this team justifies having a payroll as high.

but heck, if we're in conference finals every year competing, I'm ok with it. once the other kids mature maybe we can contend for a championship.
              When the kids mature, the parents are going to be ready to retire....#thatslife #raptorlife

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

You know exactly what Lowry and the other Raptors players were referring to (hell, Lowry wasn't explicit about it but Carroll definitely was). I refuse to believe you don't know even if you won't admit it outwardly.
                Lowry wanted change. He got it two days later.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  When the kids mature, the parents are going to be ready to retire....#thatslife #raptorlife
                  yeah I hope not. Powell is rounding into shape. if the other kids make good strides in 1-2 years I think we'll be in good shape. But that's what it'll have to be with this top heavy roster, unless we start attracting vets who'll play for nothing for a chance at a championship.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

Lol, Dwane Casey could take a dump in the middle of the court, start it at centre, and draw up isos for it all game and Chr1s1anL would still defend him from criticism.

Comment

Lowry wanted change. He got it two days later.

There's that other change he wants but that may not happen.

Comment

• Best thing about Ibaka is that he has played in 28 more playoffs games than anyone on this team.

Finally the toughest guy on are team is not 6 foot tall.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Pretty crazy that on The Starters they were talking about how good Serge would be on the Raps, when the news broke:

Comment

Best thing about Ibaka is that he has played in 28 more playoffs games than anyone on this team.

Finally the toughest guy on are team is not 6 foot tall.

Well said. Was it you that asked for that? Was it this thread or another?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Well fair enough, I meant "defensive pedigree" I guess.
                              He's a 3x All-Defensive 1st Team, and 2x Blocks leader. Anchored the defense of a couple of Finals bound teams, and leads the NBA in cumulative blocks since 2008-09.
                              So as I said before, but now have statistical reference, since the 2009-10 season (08-09 works as well, but Serge didn't start til 09-10) Serge has the most Total blocks out of anyone, with a 280 block lead over Deandre Jordan (in 14 fewer games). Thats pretty wild actually. Will be nice to see some blocked shots again!
                              Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 14, 2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                                Well said. Was it you that asked for that? Was it this thread or another?
                                Everything trade thread.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X