Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Serge Ibaka

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Dishonest media reports he's 27. LIES! FAKE NEWS. SAD.
    Crooked Rob Hinnegan knew! Show your emails Crooked Rob! Lock him up!
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I like Washington. Agree on Boston tho
    18 of the Wiz last 25 games are on the road.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote lewro wrote: View Post
    Yeah, oden looked 45 at Ohio state.
    Lebron was a bit baby face in high school but he got a lot more miles on him being the centre of the basketball world for a decade. Sorta like a US president.
    Oden looked old enough to have grandkids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Why is 2nd unrealistic? Imagine for a second that they play the remainder of the season like they did the first two months. Is it really a stretch to close a 5 game gap? It's not likely by any stretch, but to say it is unrealistic is stretching a bit.
    Celts have 27 games left. Say they go (being generous) 16-11. That means we would have to go 20-6 including beating them in our next matchup. We could go back and forth upon the definition of 'unrealistic', but I'm not gonna attach my cart to that horse
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    18 of the Wiz last 25 games are on the road.

So? They're much improved on road now + I think this an advantage for the Wizards. They need to learn to play on the road if they want to succeed in the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

So? They're much improved on road now + I think this an advantage for the Wizards. They need to learn to play on the road if they want to succeed in the playoffs.
    They are not better on the road. They've had an easy home heavy schedule during this stretch. To me Boston/Wiz/Raps are all in the same tier. 2-4 could end in any order.

@Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

They are not better on the road. They've had an easy home heavy schedule during this stretch. To me Boston/Wiz/Raps are all in the same tier. 2-4 could end in any order.

It remains to be seen. It takes some time until team learns to play on the road. A very interesting stretch for the Wizards fans imo. Agree 100% on the bold. And I still want Boston in the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

It remains to be seen. It takes some time until team learns to play on the road. A very interesting stretch for the Wizards fans imo. Agree 100% on the bold. And I still want Boston in the playoffs.
    I'd like to play the Celtics to in the Playoffs, especially with Ibaka. He should be able to defend Horford pretty well in the post and on the perimeter.

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Whizz are 9-14 on the road?

A couple of factors that help separate teams other than pure W/L is their road records and point differential. Strong teams win on the road and have a healthy point differential. Teams that have been overachieving by taking advantage of home cooking or squeaking out of an above average number of close games don't meet the criteria.

The Raptors still have a better road record than the Wiz and a better point differential than both BOS and WAS. FWIW ESPN's power index predictor still pegs Toronto to finish ahead of both teams based in large part on remaining SOS.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Presser has started.

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's got one really long white beard hair, 85 year old confirmed.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...e-serge-ibaka/

12. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Presser has started.

Live stream:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...e-serge-ibaka/
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Done.

@Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

lol he hates smiling for posed pictures as much as I do

Post Thanks / Like

Most insightful moment: Michael Grange's bald spot is expanding.

Was really hoping to see Doug Smith nodding off in the back row.

18. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Zach Lowe & Howard Beck on Ibaka trade: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18691189

Raptors Republic Veteran Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that is legitimate question. Congo a country in Africa does not require its citizens to register birth certificates so naturally majority of its citizens do not. Considering Congo was/is affected by wars/crime/instability then we have got a mass number of people moving around with kids who may not have attended school for a few years and their parents do not keep track of a child's age so the child may not even know their own age.

Lets move to another country in Africa like the Cameroon for instance. A country of the home of Siakam and Embiid. This country has been much more stable both politically and economically then the Congo. Their citizens are more likely to register their births as well as their kids more likely to attend schools from a young age and therefore it has a better validity of a track record which is why there hasn't been questions and concerns regarding Siakam or Embiid's age.

The thing with age is that, its true that once you reach the age past 30 your value decreases. However there are no guarantees that your value might even decrease before you reach that age. So in conclusion it was up to Masai to weigh in the factors and make the decision to pull the trigger. The bottom line is that the Raptors want to compete for a championship and have to use that small window to try and close the gap between them and the true elites of the NBA, and I think they made that one small step in the right direction with that trade.

21. Like JamesNaismith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Most insightful moment: Michael Grange's bald spot is expanding.

Was really hoping to see Doug Smith nodding off in the back row.
    They're expanding the 3 point grange line. Interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I think that is legitimate question. Congo a country in Africa does not require its citizens to register birth certificates so naturally majority of its citizens do not. Considering Congo was/is affected by wars/crime/instability then we have got a mass number of people moving around with kids who may not have attended school for a few years and their parents do not keep track of a child's age so the child may not even know their own age.

Lets move to another country in Africa like the Cameroon for instance. A country of the home of Siakam and Embiid. This country has been much more stable both politically and economically then the Congo. Their citizens are more likely to register their births as well as their kids more likely to attend schools from a young age and therefore it has a better validity of a track record which is why there hasn't been questions and concerns regarding Siakam or Embiid's age.

The thing with age is that, its true that once you reach the age past 30 your value decreases. However there are no guarantees that your value might even decrease before you reach that age. So in conclusion it was up to Masai to weigh in the factors and make the decision to pull the trigger. The bottom line is that the Raptors want to compete for a championship and have to use that small window to try and close the gap between them and the true elites of the NBA, and I think they made that one small step in the right direction with that trade.
    Good post. For arguments sake, if Ibaka is 30 or 31, I still do the trade.

24. Like Mapko, Hotshot liked this post
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information