Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Delon single handedly created all the ball movement for our offence.

Now he's nowhere near the level BUT this is the kind of a player we've been missing. You see it in GSW it's Curry, in WAS it's Wall, HOU it's Harden and CLE of course LBJ....but every team needs a player that see's the court well, can create off the dribble and find the open man....that's what Delon does!

Again nowhere near his superstar counterparts but it's crazy that it took Ross getting traded for him to find minutes in the rotation when he is clearly better than Corey and VanFleek. I hope Ibaka coming doesn't effect his minutes and we see Corey's fade away or better yet traded for a different piece. Seeing Delon move the ball and the thought of Pat and Serge joining that gave me just the slightest glimmer of hope.
    Smart ball movement PLUS relentless perimeter defense at the point of attack. Here's looking at you.... All-Star backcourt.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Apologize to Masai he knew what he was doing drafting Delon
      I don't remember people talking crap about Delon, unless this statement was directed at Casey...

Comment

• Calm down guys.. Delon isn't on the scouting report just yet. Still long long way to go. He got physical "stats" to succeed tho. Next few years should be fun. Let's hope he can stay healthy.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          When our rotations become regular again Delon won't see minutes unfortunately. Unless Masai trades Cory at the deadline I don't think Casey has the balls to permanently bench Cory for the remainder of the season and playoffs. No way in hell. Delon might turn into the new Norm and get spot minutes here and there but it won't be regular minutes for sure.
          Yeah I'm praying Corey gets trade over the break.

It would be a double win because it opens up the path for Delon and we can use that cap space and roster spot on another position that may need help (ie/ Corey + Sully for either another back up SF or C).

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            God, Wright looks good, right? If we are looking to shed salary for next season, it just HAS to be Cory right? And with Poeltl showing more and more why he was a top 10 pick, BeBe could easily be the price paid to make any Cory trade an upgrade for this season or bring back less salary and a wing prospect, or something along those lines.
            How much do you think it takes it take to get Moe Harkless from Portland?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Calm down guys.. Delon isn't on the scouting report just yet. Still long long way to go. He got physical "stats" to succeed tho. Next few years should be fun. Let's hope he can stay healthy.
              I don't think anyone thinks he's a superstar or anything but he's undoubtably better than Corey.

It makes a huge impact switching from one back up PG that dribbles the air outta the ball and just eats time on the clock or forces the drive versus a kid that actually gets the offense moving and shares the ball. Regardless of teams scouting Delon or not, that's what he does...it's what he did throughout college. His PER rating was right on par with Denzel Valentine...where Valentine had the good shooting, Delon had the elite defence but both see the floor extremely well and know how to make the right play. It's not like anyone is expecting him to become all-star but just what he brings is welcome change and a clear improvement over CJ.

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                How much do you think it takes it take to get Moe Harkless from Portland?
                Magic traded him away for nothing

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  I don't remember people talking crap about Delon, unless this statement was directed at Casey...
                  There were a number of people upset at the time that Masai drafted Wright instead of Portis

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                    There were a number of people upset at the time that Masai drafted Wright instead of Portis
                    I don't know about other people, but I was upset he drafted Wright after he ended up signing Cory

Comment

So maybe they just wanted Portis more lol but idk I wasn't on this board during the draft. If they were talking crap then I'm glad they're eating crow. Personally I wanted either so I was still happy although I won't lie I favored Portis a little because he was younger and at a point of need but definitely not upset about it. If anyone followed college ball they'd know this kid can play.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        I don't know about other people, but I was upset he drafted Wright after he ended up signing Cory
                        2015 draft was June 25, and Cory signed with the Raptors July 9

Comment

2015 draft was June 25, and Cory signed with the Raptors July 9
                          Yes I realize that which is why I bolded "after"

Comment

• I remember being cool with the Delon pick, liked him in NCAA, then they picked up Corey and I was a bit confused...

Comment

• A bunch of people were hyped on Portis, but no one was mad at the pick. That was the same day they traded GV. It all made sense at the time

Comment

• I always check out the post-game interviews.... Casey didn't talk today. Odd for him, and I know the Raptors are done speaking to the media by now.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X