Page 1209 of 1702 FirstFirst ... 209 709 1109 1159 1199 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1219 1259 1309 ... LastLast
Results 24,161 to 24,180 of 34022

Thread: Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

  1. #24161
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    7,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank you refs

  2. #24162
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    LOL if that's a foul then DeRozan definitely.got fouled.
    LOL for real! That was even less of a foul than the DD play. Butler does get a lot of calls though. Even when we played them I found he got a lot of ticky tack calls go his way.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

  3. #24163
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    LOL for real! That was even less of a foul than the DD play. Butler does get a lot of calls though. Even when we played them I found he got a lot of ticky tack calls go his way.
    DD and Lowry don't get the same respect as other top 20 players. Blame canada.
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  4. #24164
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,742
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    Thank you refs
    Are you looking forward for Bulls in the playoffs? There's no guarantee we can climb back to 2nd seed

  5. #24165
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    7,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Are you looking forward for Bulls in the playoffs? There's no guarantee we can climb back to 2nd seed
    Playoffs? They won't hold on to that 7th spot

  6. #24166
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,742
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    Playoffs? They won't hold on to that 7th spot
    They won't. They will finish 6th imo. Raps 3rd.

  7. #24167
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We need to take both those wizards games or we'll be hard pressed to catch them even. 2 games back with 25 remaining is no small feat when they're rolling. We have to go probably 18-7 if we split those wiz games.
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  8. #24168
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    7,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    They won't. They will finish 6th imo. Raps 3rd.
    6th? You mean 9th right? Look at their schedule

  9. #24169
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,742
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    6th? You mean 9th right? Look at their schedule
    I say they'll finish 6th. At worst 8th seed imo

  10. #24170
    Raptors Republic Superstar A.I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I say they'll finish 6th. At worst 8th seed imo
    Lets hope they implode further.

  11. #24171
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    [QUOTE=KeonClark;723454]DD and Lowry don't get the same respect as other top 20 players. Blame canada.[/QUOTE

    Understandable but frustrating. 3 articles on the espn NBA front page about that call (which was probably right). Derozan gets the wrong call (confirmed by the league) and ........nothing.

  12. #24172
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rightsideup wrote: View Post
    As someone pointed out basketball is mental and for some reason Demar has lost his positive decision making of early season. Early if his shot was not going he became a distributor then came back to his shot later when the opposing team had to adjust to his distributor mode. He seems to not to have that flexibility and mental strength now.
    In pressure situations, there's a tendency to revert back to old habits. That's why I don't have much faith in DeMar's game come April.

  13. #24173
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    [QUOTE=Jclaw;723489]
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    DD and Lowry don't get the same respect as other top 20 players. Blame canada.[/QUOTE

    Understandable but frustrating. 3 articles on the espn NBA front page about that call (which was probably right). Derozan gets the wrong call (confirmed by the league) and ........nothing.
    There's still a difference between an agressive take where you have a high probability of getting fouled by an overplaying defender & throwing up an attempt that has no chance of scoring but you hope you get fouled. It's great when anybody, including DeRozan, is doing the former. It's always a risky idea to go for the latter, especially with a game winning attempt. You are literally asking the refs to decide the game for you and they're going to get it wrong sometimes.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

  14. Like Nilanka, Just Is liked this post
  15. #24174
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    [QUOTE=S.R.;723501]
    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post

    There's still a difference between an agressive take where you have a high probability of getting fouled by an overplaying defender & throwing up an attempt that has no chance of scoring but you hope you get fouled. It's great when anybody, including DeRozan, is doing the former. It's always a risky idea to go for the latter, especially with a game winning attempt. You are literally asking the refs to decide the game for you and they're going to get it wrong sometimes.
    Admittedly I haven't seen the Butler play...so I can't really comment on it. I stand by my respect statement though
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  16. #24175
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Admittedly I haven't seen the Butler play...so I can't really comment on it. I stand by my respect statement though
    It's earlier in this thread.

    http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...l=1#post723449

  17. #24176
    Raptors Republic Superstar special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    LOL if that's a foul then DeRozan definitely.got fouled.
    You know the NBA said Demar got fouled in the L2M report right??

    There's no debate whether Demar got fouled. He was fouled and it says so in the report.

    Little things/biases like this make a big difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #24177
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    You know the NBA said Demar got fouled in the L2M report right??

    There's no debate whether Demar got fouled. He was fouled and it says so in the report.

    Little things/biases like this make a big difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://frinkiac.com/gif/S06E16/800282/802367/


  19. #24178
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The way the ref called the butler foul was a bit strange. He watched the ball until it was clearly gonna be short and then quickly made the call. He didn't make the call on the release. His head followed the ball. Only other thing to me was that he was looked back after the shot and called smart for crowding butler's landing spot on the way down. If so, thats really weak call for last shot to win. The other ref never flinched and he was equidistant with clear line of sight.

  20. #24179
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What? You can make gifs at Frinkiac too??? Oh the possibilities....

  21. #24180
    Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    You know the NBA said Demar got fouled in the L2M report right??

    There's no debate whether Demar got fouled. He was fouled and it says so in the report.

    Little things/biases like this make a big difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably would have been better if the raptors just didn't blow their leads so it wouldn't come down to counting on refs for a call.

  22. Like Mapko, rocwell liked this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 29 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 29 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •