Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 740

Thread: Game #57: Charlotte Hornets 85 - Toronto Raptors 90

  1. #681
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In all the hype about Delon and Poeltl, which is deserved for that 4th quarter, there's almost no mention of Lowry. That guy was phenomenal in the 4th.

  2. #682
    Super Moderator Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    3,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The issue is DeRozan wants to be a Alpha dog. He's a second fiddle.... & he hates that label. You can see it with him even though he won the starting gig for the ASG. He knows Lowry is the one that's more respected, and it frustrates him.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    It starts with ....

    "tenforthewin wrote:"

  3. #683
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    In all the hype about Delon and Poeltl, which is deserved for that 4th quarter, there's almost no mention of Lowry. That guy was phenomenal in the 4th.
    It's almost expected of Lowry nowadays. Just Lowry being Lowry.

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    The issue is DeRozan wants to be a Alpha dog. He's a second fiddle.... & he hates that label. You can see it with him even though he won the starting gig for the ASG. He knows Lowry is the one that's more respected, and it frustrates him.
    I'm not sure I see what you're seeing off the court. On the court, I 100% agree. DeRozan looks to pass only if the defense beats him to his spot (in either the half court, or fast breaks). In DeRozan's head, he's the clear #1 option regardless of who's on the floor or who has the hot hand. But off the court, he seems genuinely happy for Lowry's success.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Feb 16th, 2017 at 10:11 AM.

  4. #684
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    The issue is DeRozan wants to be a Alpha dog. He's a second fiddle.... & he hates that label. You can see it with him even though he won the starting gig for the ASG. He knows Lowry is the one that's more respected, and it frustrates him.
    You must be a mind reader. Nothing at all indicates this.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  5. Like DanH liked this post
  6. #685
    Super Moderator Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    3,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's almost expected of Lowry nowadays. Just Lowry being Lowry.



    I'm not sure I see what you're seeing off the court. On the court, I 100% agree. DeRozan looks to pass only if the defense beats him to his spot (in either the half court, or fast breaks). In DeRozan's head, he's the clear #1 option regardless of who's on the floor or who has the hot hand. But off the court, he seems genuinely happy for Lowry's success.
    On the court is what matters. Basketball is a mental game as much as it is a physical one. It's why any team can lose to another at any time. DeRozan needs to stop being something he's not and focus on what he is good at on the court. We saw his true potential earlier in the season. He was playing like a 2nd-All Team NBA player. Right now? He's trying to get calls and shooting 3's of all things. He's not focused on his strengths. I'm hoping this break allows him to loosen up.

    A guy can be completely different on & off the court. Think back to Larry Bird. The guy was a foulmouth trash talker who backed up his claims on the court. Off the court, he was the golden boy, the hero.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    It starts with ....

    "tenforthewin wrote:"

  7. #686
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Re-watching the game the second quarter wasn't far off what Casey said in his presser.

    We are missing clean looks. Norman missed JV on a deep post up that could have helped him shake off a couple defensive miscues and help Norm shake off his turnovers.

    Kemba went from missing a layup and then throwing the ball out of bounds to drilling a lean in 3 right after Kyle missed a great open look. Carrying the lead for 75% of the second raps are cold. Then Kemba goes nova.

  8. #687
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I didn't get to watch the game but in the highlights three out of the four 3's that Kemba hit were damn tough.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  9. #688
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Start of the third is horrible both teams turn it over and then Hornets snuff out our next 2 plays reading them immediately. JV and DD turn it over and then the Tank is just to quick for JV.

    Missing wide open shots.

  10. #689
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    I didn't get to watch the game but in the highlights three out of the four 3's that Kemba hit were damn tough.
    Yeah I still maintain the Hornets were ready to rollover and die in the first half. Then we went like 4 for 21 over the next 2 quarters.

  11. #690
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6,581
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    In all the hype about Delon and Poeltl, which is deserved for that 4th quarter, there's almost no mention of Lowry. That guy was phenomenal in the 4th.
    It's typical of him

  12. #691
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    Re-watching the game the second quarter wasn't far off what Casey said in his presser.

    We are missing clean looks. Norman missed JV on a deep post up that could have helped him shake off a couple defensive miscues and help Norm shake off his turnovers.

    Kemba went from missing a layup and then throwing the ball out of bounds to drilling a lean in 3 right after Kyle missed a great open look. Carrying the lead for 75% of the second raps are cold. Then Kemba goes nova.
    Yeah I think we were like 1-8 on threes in that quarter, and at least 75% of them were open looks.

  13. #692
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Missing missing missing, Kaminsky beat JV and Lucas handedly. DD looks mainly frustrated with himself. The crowd booed between the third and fourth.

    The fourth is a thing of beauty.

  14. #693
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    On the court is what matters. Basketball is a mental game as much as it is a physical one. It's why any team can lose to another at any time. DeRozan needs to stop being something he's not and focus on what he is good at on the court. We saw his true potential earlier in the season. He was playing like a 2nd-All Team NBA player. Right now? He's trying to get calls and shooting 3's of all things. He's not focused on his strengths. I'm hoping this break allows him to loosen up.

    A guy can be completely different on & off the court. Think back to Larry Bird. The guy was a foulmouth trash talker who backed up his claims on the court. Off the court, he was the golden boy, the hero.
    Your initial comment implied off court concerns. Like DeRozan was jealous, and had a vendetta against Lowry.

  15. #694
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh and Jakub was a stud.

  16. #695
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Your initial comment implied off court concerns. Like DeRozan was jealous, and had a vendetta against Lowry.
    I don't think derozan is jealous of lowry, but I do wonder if derozan had a choice to become a legitimate contender but sacrifice his numbers (and average 17 a game)la kevin love or miami bosh, ot lead the league in scoring on a crappy team, the choice may not be one we would like to hear
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  17. #696
    Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,911
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Delon and Yak kept trying not to smile during the comeback lol

  18. #697
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I don't think derozan is jealous of lowry, but I do wonder if derozan had a choice to become a legitimate contender but sacrifice his numbers (and average 17 a game)la kevin love or miami bosh, ot lead the league in scoring on a crappy team, the choice may not be one we would like to hear
    One of the issues is he will never believe he has to make that choice. He always believes getting his shots is the right thing to do.

    DanH was right on, earlier in the year DeMar looked much more intentional about taking "his" shots (i.e. shots that are actually good shots for him from spots on the floor that he likes) and it showed in his efficiency and general effectiveness. Lately he's just been getting up any shots, more along the lines of what he used to do. Hopefully he returns to this season's earlier form after the break.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

  19. Like Fully, tDotted liked this post
  20. #698
    Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,911
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Also, Matt ruins every 3 by said "bucket and book it".

    I can't stand him.

  21. #699
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Also, Matt ruins every 3 by said "bucket and book it".

    I can't stand him.
    What a horrible human being
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  22. #700
    Raptors Republic Veteran Jangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    Missing missing missing, Kaminsky beat JV and Lucas handedly. DD looks mainly frustrated with himself. The crowd booed between the third and fourth.

    The fourth is a thing of beauty.
    JV did a decent job on Kaminsky. I recall a 3 over JV, a long 2 with a hand in his face and a shot in the paint where JV did what he could but Frank made a tough shot over JVs outstretched arm. If given the opportunity, JV would give us a lot more in this matchup than what he would give up.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •