Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbas wrote: View Post
    Best case scenario
    JV, Carroll and Cojo all have VERY good P.O series and we take Cavs to the ECF game 7 minimum

Then we trade JV + Cojo + 2nd and lottery protected first for Cousins who starts killing it here
    Trade Carroll (who had a great P.O.) + Bebe to a team for very little salary without giving a pick
    Sign Lowry for what Demar got but for 4 years instead of 5 (111m/4y)
    Sign Ibaka and tucker for 32m combined
    take a gamble on someone like Tyreke Evans
    Draft a big 3/small 4 with our pick
    Sign thatwhite kid on 905 the three point shooter (heild is think)

2017-18 season starts

Lowry/Wright/VanVleet
    DeRozan/Powell/White guys from 905
    Tucker/Evans/Bruno
    Ibaka/Pascal/Pick
    Cousins/Jakob
    We still talking about Cousins? No thank you.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
      We still talking about Cousins? No thank you.
      You'd think he'd dominate beside Anthony Davis, but the team has been even worse off since DMC's arrival.

Comment

People still think cousins is desirable?

Edit: didn't see the last 2 posts lol
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Ball wrote: View Post
          You'd think he'd dominate beside Anthony Davis, but the team has been even worse off since DMC's arrival.
          It appears Cousins just doesn't like to share lol

I don't write him off but I did think it was a bit of a funny fit. On paper it could make sense, like Duncan and Robinson did BUT DMC does consider himself to be the "best big man in the league" so there is an EGO involved.

What I think is really going to hurt the Pelicans is I think he walks this off-season....right to Washington to reunite with Wall.

Terrible news for us but of course even more so NOP because it's only going to further deflate the franchise and Davis who I 100% will be leaving New Orleans and ultimately cause them to relocate to Seattle (as I hate to say should have been since the beginning). So they lose this draft pick (who could end up being DS Jr, Markannen, Tatum or Isaac) and AD likely says to himself this is hopeless and leaves as well. Not good times ahead though from what I see.

Comment

As for us lol

We have JV, Corey, Norm, Poeltl and our own 1sts that can and I think will be used to bring in a final "star"

My money is on it being Gasol so MEM finally does that damn rebuild they've avoided for years or a S&T for Millsap and we make our final push to contend over the next 2-3 seasons.

Lowry
            DD
            Tucker
            Ibaka
            Gasol

Hmmmm....

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              As for us lol

We have JV, Corey, Norm, Poeltl and our own 1sts that can and I think will be used to bring in a final "star"

My money is on it being Gasol so MEM finally does that damn rebuild they've avoided for years or a S&T for Millsap and we make our final push to contend over the next 2-3 seasons.

Lowry
              DD
              Tucker
              Ibaka
              Gasol

Hmmmm....
              I doubt the owners will be open to paying THAT much tax.

We've got our stars. Lowry, DD, Ibaka. It's all about keeping them together and building around them at this point.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                I doubt the owners will be open to paying THAT much tax.

We've got our stars. Lowry, DD, Ibaka. It's all about keeping them together and building around them at this point.
                The sad reality is theres a ceiling on a team with those 3 being your best 3

Hint: the ceiling isn't "champion"

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  The sad reality is theres a ceiling on a team with those 3 being your best 3

Hint: the ceiling isn't "champion"
                  Well then they should tear it down and get rid of all of them and tank. Those three are basically ideal fits beside each other.

I don't believe you are correct in your ceiling assessment. Or at least that we can be confident that you are.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well then they should tear it down and get rid of all of them and tank. Those three are basically ideal fits beside each other.

I don't believe you are correct in your ceiling assessment. Or at least that we can be confident that you are.
                    How many times over the last 50 years has a team without a legit top 5 player on the roster won the finals?

Not very many. Detroit is the only one in recent memory and by recent memory I'm talking 40 years. You could even argue 2 pistons eras achieved it, 2004 and late 80s, but both those teams also ran deeper in their top 3-4 players than we do.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy but chances are slim with Lowry and derozan as THE faces it's just reality

Comment

How many times over the last 50 years has a team without a legit top 5 player on the roster won the finals?

Not very many. Detroit is the only one in recent memory and by recent memory I'm talking 40 years. You could even argue 2 pistons eras achieved it, 2004 and late 80s, but both those teams also ran deeper in their top 3-4 players than we do.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy but chances are slim with Lowry and derozan as THE faces it's just reality
                      Dirk was top 5 when the Mavs won?

Who decides who these top 5 players are? Fans? Coaches? Media? Do we decide after the fact?

Reality is usually based on information. The Raps had a worst team last year. The Cavs are worse. The Celts appear to be fools Gold. The team as presently constructed plus Lowry have not played any Western teams of note.

Can we at least let the Raps play a series before people say this team has no shot? This is the most talented Raptors team in history. every player on the team minus Bruno has and can play non garbage minutes. Can we just enjoy that for a second?

Can you let a brother dream?

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                        Dirk was top 5 when the Mavs won?

Who decides who these top 5 players are? Fans? Coaches? Media? Do we decide after the fact?

Reality is usually based on information. The Raps had a worst team last year. The Cavs are worse. The Celts appear to be fools Gold. The team as presently constructed plus Lowry have not played any Western teams of note.

Can we at least let the Raps play a series before people say this team has no shot? This is the most talented Raptors team in history. every player on the team minus Bruno has and can play non garbage minutes. Can we just enjoy that for a second?

Can you let a brother dream?
                        Yes, dirk was a top 5 player.

The "top 5" is a loose definition meaning the top tier, or the cream of the crop. For example lowry and derozan may be great, all star talents, but we all know they are a notch below westbrook and Harden, two "top 5" guys.

To answer the final 3 questions:
                        Yes, I'd prefer to let us play playoffs first, I love raps playoffs
                        Yea, we can absolutely enjoy it
                        By all means, dream on brother**

**this whole thing was prefaced with the fact it HAS happened, a few times in history. So it's never impossible.

Comment

Yes, dirk was a top 5 player.

The "top 5" is a loose definition meaning the top tier, or the cream of the crop. For example lowry and derozan may be great, all star talents, but we all know they are a notch below westbrook and Harden, two "top 5" guys.

To answer the final 3 questions:
                          Yes, I'd prefer to let us play playoffs first, I love raps playoffs
                          Yea, we can absolutely enjoy it
                          By all means, dream on brother**

**this whole thing was prefaced with the fact it HAS happened, a few times in history. So it's never impossible.
                          By what measure was Dirk a top 5 player? He was barely in the top 10 in PER and WS and top 20 in VORP.

He was a top 5 player by the measure of "he killed it in the playoffs and won the championship."

I think the odds of Lowry putting together a great playoff run and getting that same after-the-fact top 5 player assignment are far better than the odds we successfully execute a rebuild and get a top 5 player AND the right core around him to actually be competitive.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

By what measure was Dirk a top 5 player? He was barely in the top 10 in PER and WS and top 20 in VORP.

He was a top 5 player by the measure of "he killed it in the playoffs and won the championship."

I think the odds of Lowry putting together a great playoff run and getting that same after-the-fact top 5 player assignment are far better than the odds we successfully execute a rebuild and get a top 5 player AND the right core around him to actually be competitive.
                            I believe you were the only person to bring up tearing it down DanH. KC was only saying that having a top 3 of Lowry, DD and Ibaka do not make us favourites to win a championship. It's a legit remark considering the talent the top title contenders boast. He's not saying we should tear it down or that we shouldn't see how far the Raptors can go. And you already knew that.

Comment

I didn't expect DeMar to improve as much as he has the past two seasons so I wouldn't put it past him to take another step or two the next couple seasons.
                              LeBron might take a step back or leave. GSW has some hefty bills to pay and the Spurs are getting older.
                              I'm measuring us against the top teams in the East at this point.

Comment

This "you only win with a top 5 player" thing holds water but if that's how you run your team, 25 other teams might as well tank. Or maybe 26 other teams if one team has two top 5 players. Westbrook may be a top 5 player but he's got a team that is totally built around him and him alone. Is that going to win a title? If you need a top 5 player to compete how do you get one? They don't grow on trees. So yeah. that's they best way but we have to think of another way. Maybe two top 20 players and two top 30 ones? Unless you are a good team that somehow wins the draft lottery, you have to think of something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X