• Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    3 years, $20M
    Spurs really couldn't match that?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Spurs really couldn't match that?
      They pulled his QO mysteriously. Seems they just didn't want him back.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        So you say the team has significantly improved from last year. The only difference between 2015-16 and 2014-15 was really that Lowry got injured for 22 games and we weren't healthy going into the season. We won 57 games in 2014-15.

Why is 60 a "gigantic ask" then against a much weaker eastern conference if the team has improved so much?
        This whole post makes zero sense to me.

I think... I think you mean to compare 15-16 and 16-17, rather than 14-15. I think you mean the team won 56 games, not 57 (and overachieved their Pythagorean wins by 3 wins). I think maybe you don't understand how hard it is to get from 50 to 60 wins.

I think all these things, but considering the actual content of the post, I can't be sure about any of them.

Now that I think on it, I don't actually know why I bite. Character flaw, I suppose.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          This whole post makes zero sense to me.

I think... I think you mean to compare 15-16 and 16-17, rather than 14-15. I think you mean the team won 56 games, not 57 (and overachieved their Pythagorean wins by 3 wins). I think maybe you don't understand how hard it is to get from 50 to 60 wins.

I think all these things, but considering the actual content of the post, I can't be sure about any of them.

Now that I think on it, I don't actually know why I bite. Character flaw, I suppose.
          Yeah messed up my years there and the win total (was going off the top of my head since I was on the train). But yeah the point is the same. The condescension really is not necessary btw.

I do understand the difference between 50 and 60 wins. But the reality is we were able to win 56 two years ago when the East was actually stronger. If the team is so improved, then 60 should be doable. Atlanta was able to win 60 in 2014-15.

Comment

Yeah messed up my years there and the win total (was going off the top of my head since I was on the train). But yeah the point is the same. The condescension really is not necessary btw.

I do understand the difference between 50 and 60 wins. But the reality is we were able to win 56 two years ago when the East was actually stronger. If the team is so improved, then 60 should be doable. Atlanta was able to win 60 in 2014-15.
            Sure, 60 is doable. But it's not something we should expect. Even that 56 win team was lucky to hit that. And it gets exponentially harder to increase wins as you go - so the leap from 55 to 60 is actually bigger than the one from 50-55. So the team could have everything break right and hit 60, but everything would have to break just right.

This team should have a reasonable floor of about 50 wins, with some good luck (young guys excelling in their roles, few injuries) giving them a chance at 55+. Getting to 60 is basically luck at that point, whether you avoid a stinker here or there, catch a couple good opponents on off nights, etc.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

His career numbers aren't irrelevant when Carroll's been within +/- 3% of it the past 4 seasons (since he became a regular player), same with Miles? Miles had a really good three point shooting year last year, the two years prior were just OK shooting. You seem to have at least a basic understanding of statistics so you should know that pulling a half season sample makes very little sense in evaluating a shooter especially from 3.

And I've been watching every game of the Raptors and I'm looking at actual numbers. Carroll's had better defensive stats in his career and was in the top 30 for DRPM for SFs last year while Miles wasn't even in the top 70. Do you watch the Pacers? He's not a good defensive player, at all.
              Then we will just disagree on this one.
              I really hope Demarre gets better physically this season...if he can't....then he has got that Gerald Wallace trajectory written all over him.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• The dust hasn't settled yet but the east is shaping up into 3 tiers.

Top tier is Raps, Cleveland, Boston, Washington, Bucks.
                Mid tier is Miami, Detroit, Charlotte, maybe Philly if they get some health luck.
                Bottom tier is Atlanta, Chicago, Nets, Knicks, Orlando and Indy.

Maybe the Bucks belong in the mid tier as well but let's wait till Sept to reseed / slot everyone again

If the Raps
                A. play 500 ball against the top tier plus one they can get 9 wins ...9/7
                B. Play 600 ball against the mid tier that's 10 wins...10/6
                C. Play 700 ball against the east's lowest tier that's 17 wins. 17/7
                D. Play 500 plus 1 against the West conf that's 16 wins. 16/14

That's 52... maybe they don't do as well against the west and it flips to 14/16 ..it's still 50...

Getting to 60 wins would take a lot of luck. I just can't see it. They would have to go 20 and 10 against the west ..Take 19 or 20 from the bottom tier and go 11 and 5 against the top tier. A tall order there.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jul 14, 2017, 10:14 PM.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  The dust hasn't settled yet but the east is shaping up into 3 tiers.

Top tier is Raps, Cleveland, Boston, Washington, Bucks.
                  Mid tier is Miami, Detroit, Charlotte, mane Philly if they get some health luck.
                  Bottom tier is Atlanta, Chicago, Nets, Knicks, Orlando and Indy.

If the Raps
                  A. play 500 ball against the top tier plus one they can get 9 wins ...9/7
                  B. Play 600 ball against the mid tier that's 10 wins...10/6
                  C. Play 700 ball against the east's lowest tier that's 17 wins. 17/7
                  D. Play 500 plus 1 against the West conf that's 16 wins. 16/14

That's 52... maybe they don't do as well against the west and it flips to 14/16 ..it's still 50...

Getting to 60 wins would take a lot of luck. I just can't see it. They would have to go 20 and 10 against the west ..Take 19 or 20 from the bottom tier and go 11 and 5 against the top tier. A tall order there.
                  I'd say 4 tiers. Move Cleveland above the rest of the teams you put in that top tier, because none of them have any chance in hell of beating them in a playoff series.

Comment

I'd say 4 tiers. Move Cleveland above the rest of the teams you put in that top tier, because none of them have any chance in hell of beating them in a playoff series.
                    Every year Lebron gets older. He will be 33 this December. Jefferson is 38 or something. Smith is 31.Korver is 36. Frye is 34. Irving and Love get nicked up more often than not. Thompson ironman streak ended last year. The law of averages catches up to us all. All these guys have played over 320 games in the last three years. It's going to catch up sometime. Maybe this is the year.

Sports is unpredictable...

In game 2 of last years semi final LeBron lands on Carrolls ankle and hobbles off the court. Few minutes go by and number 23 returns to the game and series unscathed. Same game and a quarter later Lowry lands on an ankle and..pfffttt..he is gone for the year.

Reverse that outcome and the Raps chances of beating the Lebrons without Lebron are pretty good.

Cavs stay in the top tier and this year for sure...but it isn't a fait accompli they run the table yet again in the playoffs.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jul 14, 2017, 10:39 PM.
                    - TGO

Comment

• If the argument is that Cleveland is not in their own tier because of potential injuries, one can say that about virtually any team, even Toronto.

"Due to Kyle's age, style of play, heavy minutes and recent injury history, the Raptors are in the middle tear." Or something to that effect.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                        If the argument is that Cleveland is not in their own tier because of potential injuries, one can say that about virtually any team, even Toronto.

"Due to Kyle's age, style of play, heavy minutes and recent injury history, the Raptors are in the middle tear." Or something to that effect.
                        Yes and no. The Raptors played without Lowry for the last third of the season last year and did well enough to still be in that top tier, definitely better than most of the teams in the East.

But yes, Cleveland is so far ahead. Getting swept a year after making it to game 6 vs them was such a disappointment.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                          If the argument is that Cleveland is not in their own tier because of potential injuries, one can say that about virtually any team, even Toronto.

If Cleveland lost LBJ for 20 games to close out the season they would not make the playoffs. Well maybe this year. With the east being so weak. No way they do last year though.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Question can raps use the the trade except from DC in a S/T trade for Jamychal Green?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think if Memphis facilitates they can.

Comment

• Okay....

So who the hell is the guy we got in the CoJo deal & is his rights worth the deal not being a S&T? I'm very confused about what changed/happened & everything. All I do know is that we don't have the MLE anymore.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X