X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything 2017 Off-Season

Atothe wrote: View Post
    He's a free agent to be. You never got all in on a free agent
    So you don't make the trade and you ride out this core maxed out at ECF ceiling and more likely second round exits for the remainder of this core?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      1. Why would they want JV when they have Turner?
      2. Only a Raps fan would make Powell off-limits in a trade for Paul George. I mean come on now.
      They might see Turner as a 4 long-term? Doesn't rebound well, takes a lot of jumpshots, isn't a particularly good post defender but does play great weakside defense. Could do well next to a legit post presence.

And I'm not making Powell off-limits. I was saying what I would offer, not necessarily what the max I'd be willing to trade is.

Comment

• Fit wise, do you guys think our roster would be better with PG in and DeMar going to Indy? Both DD and PG are high usage players so if they are both on the roster it's going to diminish Lowry's role. Plus with DD out, Norm can start at SG. I know taking DD doesn't make sense for Indy if they are looking to deal PG with a rebuild in mind, but just asking if you think fit wise if we would be better.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          So you don't make the trade and you ride out this core maxed out at ECF ceiling and more likely second round exits for the remainder of this core?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          If you make the trade and Masai is able to convince Paul to stay, you could end up with three players (George, Lowry, and Derozan - let alone Ibaka) making sufficient salary to put your team in cap hell for the next four years - because you won't have enough space to actually sign free agents, and you've also traded away a number of assets to acquire George that reduces the depth in the organization.

I'm sure Masai will call Indy and inquire, and maybe even get permission to talk to Paul about his chances about resigning, but I think that the price that Indy will want (and remember the Pacer fans will judge the GM on the return package) for a potential one year rental will be too steep.

If the asking price includes two first round picks, then this could severely hamper the Raptors rebuild attempts should George leave - with essentially a 'stars and scrubs lineup, there is a decent chance that those picks will be in the top half of the draft

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Fit wise, do you guys think our roster would be better with PG in and DeMar going to Indy? Both DD and PG are high usage players so if they are both on the roster it's going to diminish Lowry's role. Plus with DD out, Norm can start at SG. I know taking DD doesn't make sense for Indy if they are looking to deal PG with a rebuild in mind, but just asking if you think fit wise if we would be better.
            Going after PG would be the ultimate win-now move for us, or at least as far as what could conceivably transpire. So for me, Derozan is still the better option. I know, I know, about his defensive short comings. But when you look at GSW, having that many people who can execute opens the floor for everybody, and I think PG and DD, along with Kyle would all make each other better. I don't think you trade DD for a rental George but personally, I think I'd take the risk of parting ways with Norm to see if KLOW,DD,PG,SI and whoever the fuck else can get passed Lebron. Still a huge mountain to climb. But I'd be very game to see that.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
              If you make the trade and Masai is able to convince Paul to stay, you could end up with three players (George, Lowry, and Derozan - let alone Ibaka) making sufficient salary to put your team in cap hell for the next four years - because you won't have enough space to actually sign free agents, and you've also traded away a number of assets to acquire George that reduces the depth in the organization.

I'm sure Masai will call Indy and inquire, and maybe even get permission to talk to Paul about his chances about resigning, but I think that the price that Indy will want (and remember the Pacer fans will judge the GM on the return package) for a potential one year rental will be too steep.

If the asking price includes two first round picks, then this could severely hamper the Raptors rebuild attempts should George leave - with essentially a 'stars and scrubs lineup, there is a decent chance that those picks will be in the top half of the draft
              1. The Raps will be restricted by the tax regardless of if PG is on the roster or not.

2. Depth is important, but clearly keeping the same core with a different, equally deep core hasn't proved to be the answer.

3. You can always trade a signed Lowry/Ibaka/DeMar if you want more depth or PG leaves and you want to blow it up.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                2. Only a Raps fan would make Powell off-limits in a trade for Paul George. I mean come on now.
                It's because we got him so cheaply; it inflates his value to the observer because he overproduces given what was expended for him. It's the exact same reason Boston fans treat Jae Crowder as a "core piece" who can't be traded, which is silly because come on, Jae Crowder is good but if he's what you give up to get an All-Star then you do that trade every time and twice on Sunday. Norm is the same.

Comment

• Powell is going to be RFA soon and some team will throw crazy money at him. This is the perfect opportunity to trade him and get something in return.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Doesn't mean much but, Blake Griffin named Toronto as one of his favourite NBA cities this weekend on a podcast. Other 3 were BOS, PHX and NYC. Left out the current city he plays for in.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Jun 19, 2017, 01:00 PM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        1. The Raps will be restricted by the tax regardless of if PG is on the roster or not.

2. Depth is important, but clearly keeping the same core with a different, equally deep core hasn't proved to be the answer.

3. You can always trade a signed Lowry/Ibaka/DeMar if you want more depth or PG leaves and you want to blow it up.
                        If you trade ...lets say pick+norm+ jonas for pj and retain the rest....does it really hurt our depth that much? I'd rather have PG in the hypothetical world. That team is enough that you can stagger the line ups to inflate your depth.... want rest for demar or kyle ....sure let em take a game off while the other 3 step it up and dominate.....

as for the future assuming he stays then do you need to add more than the waiver wire folks. If the team is that good you could get the little mini pick ups like deron williams way easier by giving them a chance to chase chips.....

I think that team is good enough to stand up to GSW. It is also good enough to figure it out on offence. Like for certain. I have no doubt in my mind.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Doesn't mean much but, Blake Griffin named Toronto as one of his favourite NBA cities this weekend on a podcast. Other 3 were BOS, PHX and NYC. Left out the current city he plays for in.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          Lol...wasn't it TO where he beat up on one of his trainers?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Lol...wasn't it TO where he beat up on one of his trainers?
                            ...yet it never reached instagram...

Comment

• Unless we can trade for PG then I hope we let Lowry walk.

No interest in supposedly trying something new with the same old crap.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                Unless we can trade for PG then I hope we let Lowry walk.

No interest in supposedly trying something new with the same old crap.
                                Personally, I'd rather start a rebuild by trading an all-NBA talent than by letting him walk for nothing.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X