Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    I bet that Nick Young is one our top of targets this summer.
    Why?! he wasn't our target this year.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      I bet that Nick Young is one our top of targets this summer.
      Definitely not, it should be Wilson Chandler and Carroll needs to be shipped asap

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        I think we could get NOEL or Wesley Matthews.... Not both plus Dwight LOL. Like you are talking about winning an amazing trade. Our pick is ok but it isn't THAT good. Like HERE TAKE OUR TRASH ... AND WE WILL TAKE ALL YOUR SERVICEABLE PLAYERS THANK YOU.

Additionally, we wouldn't have room if we resigned tucker and Ibaka. We would literally need to trade and not take on any additional salary. NOEL would need to be resigned and he will get 10-13 probably.

I honestly think Poetl will end up being one of the better pick ups we had. We just need to play him more.
        And you just learned why we ignore tenforthewin. Congratulations, come claim your shiny medal!
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Definitely not, it should be Wilson Chandler and Carroll needs to be shipped asap
          Wilson would be perfect on this team, but I don't think we have the assets to get him without giving up a first rounder.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            And you just learned why we ignore tenforthewin. Congratulations, come claim your shiny medal!
            Lol fair enough.

Comment

• I think more than 3 point shooting we need playmaking. Somebody like Batum to make life easier on Lowry and Derozan. Give opposing defences different look where Lowry or Derozan play off ball
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I just realized no one is talking about the fact that we will now have two-way contracts available to help fill out the roster.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  I just realized no one is talking about the fact that we will now have two-way contracts available to help fill out the roster.
                  Yup, even if it were just EJ Singler and DeAndre Daniels, that shooting and wing depth is going to help.

Comment

• According to this Ibaka has already agreed to sign for around 20m.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/19/...ut-20-million/

Most in NBA circles believe that Ibaka made it clear to the Magic the only team he wanted to land with was Toronto, and it’s likely why other teams in the hunt for him passed on giving big assets.

League sources said that a new deal for Ibaka is basically done and that it will start in the $20 million range. It’s possible someone surfaces on July 1 with a better offer, but given Ibaka’s age and rocky season in Orlando, that seems unlikely.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• $20m would be a win. I imagine it would be a 4th yr option at the least and more likely a 4 yr with a 5th option or just 5 yrs guaranteed (not such a fan of this term).
                      I'm not all-in on moving JV atm but hypothetically, could would get Dedmon (or throw out another name to help out at C) with an exception? Chuck Hayes on the minimum

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        $20m would be a win. I imagine it would be a 4th yr option at the least and more likely a 4 yr with a 5th option or just 5 yrs guaranteed (not such a fan of this term).
                        I'm not all-in on moving JV atm but hypothetically, could would get Dedmon (or throw out another name to help out at C) with an exception? Chuck Hayes on the minimum
                        Exceptions don't help us much, because in all likelihood the chase will be about avoiding or minimizing the tax. So if they move JV, it will be to use Ibaka and the cheap option of Poeltl/Nogueira in his place, not to add more salary in his place. The MLE will be about $8M this summer, so any half-decent C would probably cost at least that much.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• What can we get for JV realistically?
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            What can we get for JV realistically?
                            It's quite possible that the question is more what else we have to send with him, rather than what we can get back for him.

It's certainly my belief that he provides significantly more value on the team than as a trade piece.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Is this news? The report seems to be based on thoughts at the time of the trade. At that time we all thought serge being a long term raptor was a no brainer. But now that he's played with the team, is that still relevant (on both parts)? Is the "League Sources" part new or is that just part of the old story?

Comment

• How about these two trades if possible that is!

1) Toronto out: Lowry (remaining contract) and JV to Spurs
                                Toronto in: Kyle Anderson, Dejounte Murry, and Lamarcus Aldridge

2) Toronto out: DMC, Cory Joseph, 2017 1st round pick
                                Toronto in: Gordan Hayward, resigned George Hill

3) Sign Vince Carter and Amir Johnson

Our Lineups become
                                Hill/DWright/DMurry
                                DeRozan/Powell/KAnderson
                                Hayward/VC/Bruno
                                Aldridge/Amir/Siakam
                                Ibaka/Poeltl/Nogueira

Why Spurs: The Spurs are getting Lowry who would be their starting PG since Parker is injured beside Lowry wants a ring and the best possible team for him to play is the Spurs. Valanciunas can have a fresh start and will be their starting C. Losing Aldridge hurts but getting two stellar players in exchange for one is worth it.

Why Jazz: The Jazz won't have that much capspace to resign Hayward, they are getting back DMC, someone who plays tough D and a decent PG in Joseph who could start for the team and a 1st round pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X