• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its been a fun off season so far and its just begun

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      I would laugh/cry so much.

I just hope this isn't another summer of blue balls. If we are keeping Casey we need to make a hard run at one of these stars that are shaking loose.
      Adding stars or high end role players to the Lowry/DD/Casey core could be a colossal waste of assets. Ibaka was supposed to be the perfect fit for this team, but he was useless in the playoffs, despite his previous history of a being a great playoff performer.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Adding stars or high end role players to the Lowry/DD/Casey core could be a colossal waste of assets. Ibaka was supposed to be the perfect fit for this team, but he was useless in the playoffs, despite his previous history of a being a great playoff performer.
        Broadly speaking, I am somewhat in agreement with you. The most interesting exception to this in my mind is any trade structured around Carroll and a moderate assets for Paul George. Right person, right price, right timing (an expiring Paul George in lieu of Carroll allows us to carry a higher total salary this year while reducing our exposure to the repeater tax). One might be able to do something similar with JV, of course, but that likely obliges us to bring both Patterson and Tucker back in addition to Lowry and Ibaka.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
          The most interesting exception to this in my mind is any trade structured around Carroll and a moderate assets for Paul George. Right person, right price, right timing (an expiring Paul George in lieu of Carroll allows us to carry a higher total salary this year while reducing our exposure to the repeater tax).
          April Fool's??

Comment

Well there's a pretty big difference between a star like George or Butler and a high-end role player like Tony Allen.

If we are keeping Casey and re-signing Lowry we might as well go whole hog and make a run at George/Butler. Our youth/picks are never going to reach their full potential behind a team of vets with this coach anyway. The assets will just waste away; Powell is already an RFA next year.

Comment

He, um, was/is a perfect fit. He was arguably the team's best player against CLE and he was key in the game 2 and 5 wins for Toronto against the Bucks. Weird to suggest he was useless. Also weird to compare Ibaka's impact to the impact Paul George would have.....

Comment

• For those bemoaning that we didn't salary dump to the Nets - they still have piles of cap room. Frankly, they didn't actually use up much of it in that trade, with Lopez' salary outgoing. Nothing's changed there, except by moving on from Lopez they seem even more committed to going young rather than winning now (even with their picks outgoing). Seems to me this signals they might be very open to a Carroll-plus-asset for little return sort of deal. No one good is signing there anyway.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We don't beat Bucks without Ibaka. Ibaka was huge in playoffs. He only started struggling after he hurt his ankle. Ibaka is still a perfect fit next to KL/DD.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nets GM is in an impossible position. He needs players. He really needs young players. He has no high picks. No premiere assets to trade. And no quality FA is signing there. Hell, even getting Mozgov is fine for them cause at least he's a warm body. That Boston trade was disastrous....

Comment

• not that I would advocate it but could we get in the Millsap sign and trade game with a package built around JV?

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                        hmm what about purdle though
                        I think he needs a yr. At that point djs contract is up. Resign him and figure out which guy to trade at that point. You can bring yak along slow as well or maybe he can be developed as a combo forward but I think that's a stretch.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          For those bemoaning that we didn't salary dump to the Nets - they still have piles of cap room. Frankly, they didn't actually use up much of it in that trade, with Lopez' salary outgoing. Nothing's changed there, except by moving on from Lopez they seem even more committed to going young rather than winning now (even with their picks outgoing). Seems to me this signals they might be very open to a Carroll-plus-asset for little return sort of deal. No one good is signing there anyway.
                          I could live with that if we get a future 2nd (not 57th) in return but it's a fallback option for me.

Comment

• Stein has Houston intent on pursuing CP3, Blake, Milsap, and Lowry. https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...78395793543168

Any threat to the Raptors? The bigs have to be more of a priority than the guards, they really needed an upgrade over Ryan Anderson in the playoffs. Harden + a defensive combo guard working pretty well in the backcourt already, I'm not sure that system needs a splurge on Lowry or Paul, though I have a feeling Lowry would love having the green light to jack off-the-bounce 3's all game long.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              For those bemoaning that we didn't salary dump to the Nets - they still have piles of cap room. Frankly, they didn't actually use up much of it in that trade, with Lopez' salary outgoing. Nothing's changed there, except by moving on from Lopez they seem even more committed to going young rather than winning now (even with their picks outgoing). Seems to me this signals they might be very open to a Carroll-plus-asset for little return sort of deal. No one good is signing there anyway.
                              They lost their draft pick, even if it was late first. Might want to gain one.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                not that I would advocate it but could we get in the Millsap sign and trade game with a package built around JV?
                                that would be unreal, Millsap at the 4 and Ibaka at the 5? oh man... can you imagine?

Comment

Working...
                                X