Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    If Boston does anything of note they're gonna try to give Kyrie the MVP. You already know that.
    Id be shocked if he was even considered, he makes the news cause he's flashy, picked 1 overall, and first won with then beefed with lebron james. But nobody with any clout in the league puts him in the top tier of guys, that's why people think its funny he wanted his own team. He'd have to leapfrog too many guys, even on the undercard giannis, Anthony Davis, towns, if-ever-healthy embiid are knocking on the door to join the usual suspects
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      This draft is crazy. Fultz was the 1st overall pick but all you hear about is Lonzo Ball. You open NBA twitter and the first face you'll see is either LeBron or Lonzo.
      Think Lonzo does a great job of being visible and available to the media....That and the press just can't get enough of the shameless self promoting narcacist of a father he has. The elder Ball usually keeps his son at arms length as a prop for some level of interest as his 15 minutes of fame seems to be coming to an end.

Should be interesting on how this years once in a generation players fare once the season starts.....Like all rooks it will be a huge adjustment as the guys they line up against are bigger, stronger , faster and meaner than anything they have seen to date.

My guess for ROY will be in order
      Fox
      Smith Jr.
      Ntillanka
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Think Lonzo does a great job of being visible and available to the media....That and the press just can't get enough of the shameless self promoting narcacist of a father he has. The elder Ball usually keeps his son at arms length as a prop for some level of interest as his 15 minutes of fame seems to be coming to an end.

Should be interesting on how this years once in a generation players fare once the season starts.....Like all rooks it will be a huge adjustment as the guys they line up against are bigger, stronger , faster and meaner than anything they have seen to date.

My guess for ROY will be in order
        Fox
        Smith Jr.
        Ntillanka
        What's scary is the youngest Ball is supposed to be far and away the best of his 3 sons I believe he's 16.

So I'm afraid to say we're not done with lavar, not by a long shot

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          What's scary is the youngest Ball is supposed to be far and away the best of his 3 sons I believe he's 16.

Really there's a third one?

Guess We will have to see...

I only have hockey as a reference..but the 4th Stall brother was supposed to be the best..played tier 2 jr in northern Ontario.
          The endless supply of best Sutter brother after Daryl ans Duane never materialized. Then there were the kids. Not so much.
          Eric Lindross kid brother Brett...not so much.

Ya never know but colour me skeptical on the best one being number 3.The sad thing is...it might take a stake and holy water to get rid of LeVar if this kid is good.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Sep 25, 2017, 07:36 PM.
          - TGO

Comment

• I don't get what the big issue with Lavar is. He's done a great job raising his 3 kids it looks like. They all seem to be pretty level-headed, do well in school, excellent athletes, don't get in trouble. Yeah he's a loudmouth, but he's been pretty successful doing what he's doing so far.

I also think Lonzo is the best prospect in this draft by quite some distance.

And I don't think LaMelo will be the best one. Doesn't really have the playmaking ability or vision that Lonzo had that makes him truly special.

Comment

Id be shocked if he was even considered, he makes the news cause he's flashy, picked 1 overall, and first won with then beefed with lebron james. But nobody with any clout in the league puts him in the top tier of guys, that's why people think its funny he wanted his own team. He'd have to leapfrog too many guys, even on the undercard giannis, Anthony Davis, towns, if-ever-healthy embiid are knocking on the door to join the usual suspects
              I don't think he's a favorite to win but if the Celtics win 55+ he'll be in the mix. Vegas has him tied for 7th, ahead of Anthony Davis, who has to share 1A/1B status with Boogie.

Comment

I don't get what the big issue with Lavar is. He's done a great job raising his 3 kids it looks like. They all seem to be pretty level-headed, do well in school, excellent athletes, don't get in trouble. Yeah he's a loudmouth, but he's been pretty successful doing what he's doing so far.

And I don't think LaMelo will be the best one. Doesn't really have the playmaking ability or vision that Lonzo had that makes him truly special.
                No but he's got the release and raw jaw dropping scoring of steph. He scored 92 points in a Los Angeles aau high school game, as a 15 year old (!!)

Comment

• MIL is a bit of a darkhorse depending how big of a step Giannis takes. He's got the potential to be the second best player in the East this year.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    MIL is a bit of a darkhorse depending how big of a step Giannis takes. He's got the potential to be the second best player in the East this year.
                    The east is bare. Damn West Superteams!

Giannis and John Wall are behind Lebron, no question about it.

Comment

I don't get what the big issue with Lavar is. He's done a great job raising his 3 kids it looks like. They all seem to be pretty level-headed, do well in school, excellent athletes, don't get in trouble. Yeah he's a loudmouth, but he's been pretty successful doing what he's doing so far.

No idea on how his public personae affects his parenting skills. Frankly it's none of my business how he chooses to raise his kids.
                      What I don't find any redeeming qualities in is that he will say anything, however idiotic, to keep himself in the public view. Of course there are others who do this on a daily tweet basis.
                      If his son wasn't a notable pro prospect the press wouldn't come close to him even if he taped front row centre court playoff tickets to a bottles of scotch and handed them out. Well maybe for the tickets.

We are going to see how this years rooks do in a couple three months. Can't say much based on a few summer league games.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Sep 25, 2017, 08:27 PM.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        The east is bare. Damn West Superteams!

Giannis and John Wall and kyle lowry are behind Lebron, no question about it.
                        Fixed. I'm not taking kyle out of the conversation for 2nd best yet

Comment

He's all hype. That kid will struggle big time.

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          MIL is a bit of a darkhorse depending how big of a step Giannis takes. He's got the potential to be the second best player in the East this year.
                          He's gotta be able to hit jumpers to be "that guy" that leads his team to top 2-3 in the conference.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Powell SHOULD be starting. This is like a no brainer.
                            Just a thought:
                            If CJ Starts w Kyle....
                            2nd unit comes w Delon & company. Would it not make more sense (at least in this scenario) to have Norm here as a secondary ballhandler. Is it safe to asseme he is better at it than Miles?

Comment

i tend to agree with you I think the most important player on Boston is Gordon Hayward, with Irwing there to put pressure on thomas in the clevland matchup. boston with hayward and there young talent on sf will make lebron work on defense. If the raptors are to challenge these two teams lowry and demar plus ibaka have to compete. I really do not think the raptors are more competitive against these teams than the experts think.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                                Just a thought:
                                If CJ Starts w Kyle....
                                2nd unit comes w Delon & company. Would it not make more sense (at least in this scenario) to have Norm here as a secondary ballhandler. Is it safe to asseme he is better at it than Miles?
                                No.

Fred should be staggered with DeRozan to mimic a lot of how Kyle plays and Delon should be staggered in with Miles while Kyle is on the floor when DeRozan rests. Much better spacing and fit.

It's essentially the same thing we did with Corey (which would be Delon) and Ross (which would be Miles). The difference now is FVV can give Kyle a few minutes a game to rest ie/ not wear the hell outta Kyle with too many minutes as in previous seasons but retain the same style of play that fits with DeMar. Word is that Fred is impressing the hell outta everyone. Delon can do what he does best and that's drive and make the right passes to shooters. Kyle and Serge provide some space for Norm, defenses tend to sag off of him because the double comes quickly to DeMar or Kyle or rotates to Serge on the pass which creates open lanes and Norm is too limited of a ball handler at this time to create his own shot or shoot off the dribble.

Not to mention Delon and Norm's driving to the basket sort of cannibalize each other, they both need kick out options at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X