• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...61572928786432

I'm guessing it's the Spurs.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Stein is usually pretty good but I'm calling BS on this.

Comment

• LateBoomer wrote: View Post
      u kidding, bro?
      Kyle has always been among THE best defensive PGs in the league!

6. Kyle Lowry, 4.14
      Lowry’s hot shooting is one thing but his defense sets him apart from Eastern Conference peers. Lowry is broad and can body bigger guards while using unheralded quickness to stay in front of smaller ones.

http://hoop.nba.com/nba_hoop_feature...sive-pointers/
      I don't know where you're getting this but he is one of the worst pick and roll defenders I've ever seen and always gets blown by causing our defence to collapse and letting open threes go from all over the floor. He is an average to good team defender but that's about it.

Comment

Works for big market American teams.
        What do you mean. The Bulls are limping along with Jimmy Butler. The Lakers tore it down. The Heat are limping along with Dragic/Whiteside. The Knicks are a disaster. Everyone was making fun of the Celtics for overachieving with a thin roster and not using their picks.

Big market and legacy franchises have not been having an easy time of it. Evolving CBA's have really changed player movement. If anything this has been the superfriends era, not the big market era. Players will flock to Oakland or Cleveland if Lebron or Curry is there, they aren't flocking to NY and LA.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Kyle is not even the best defensive PG on his own team, let alone one of the best in the league.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Kyle is not even the best defensive PG on his own team, let alone one of the best in the league.
            I would go as far as to say that he is the worst defensive point guard on this team. Him and van fleet is a close one, but I take Fred probably.

Comment

Kyle is not even the best defensive PG on his own team, let alone one of the best in the league.
              +1
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

u kidding, bro?
                Kyle has always been among THE best defensive PGs in the league!

6. Kyle Lowry, 4.14
                Lowry’s hot shooting is one thing but his defense sets him apart from Eastern Conference peers. Lowry is broad and can body bigger guards while using unheralded quickness to stay in front of smaller ones.

http://hoop.nba.com/nba_hoop_feature...sive-pointers/
                He really hasn't been a good defender recently. Brogdon is a rookie and shot 47% from 3 in the first round and Kyrie had 20+ points and 10+ assists in the first 2 games in the Cavs series. If we're talking previous seasons or early this season, I'd agree that he is a good defender, but not after he came back from his injury, funnily enough it was a wrist injury so it shouldn't affect his defense.

Comment

• Carroll firmly established as a 5 mpg player by the end of this series, even according to Casey. Dumping him has to be a priority this summer.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    I don't know where you're getting this but he is one of the worst pick and roll defenders I've ever seen and always gets blown by causing our defence to collapse and letting open threes go from all over the floor. He is an average to good team defender but that's about it.
                    did you read the whole article?
                    that's where l am getting that.
                    people who actually gets paid for writing and studying basketball.

well, at least Kyle has improved from being as bad defender as DeMAr to an average to good team defender in a few minutes.

Comment

• a.i wrote: View Post
                      he really hasn't been a good defender recently. Brogdon is a rookie and shot 47% from 3 in the first round and kyrie had 20+ points and 10+ assists in the first 2 games in the cavs series. If we're talking previous seasons or early this season, i'd agree that he is a good defender, but not after he came back from his injury, funnily enough it was a wrist injury so it shouldn't affect his defense.
                      rust.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        I would go as far as to say that he is the worst defensive point guard on this team. Him and van fleet is a close one, but I take Fred probably.
                        wow, some legit hater here.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          ok. you clearly don't know anything about danny green outside of that record, because he is probably the most notorious in the league for extended streak shooting, hot and cold (mostly cold of late).
                          It's beyond that according to some of Spurs fans, they think his shot might be broken somehow.

I don't think Green is worth JV. But Green is an awesome defender for sure, but as KHD said, he seems to need a damn good coach to keep him effective. I'm sure Casey is not that... though his replacement might be.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            If it's a sign trade for LA from Spurs I'm cool with it.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            LMA is nowhere near as good as he was even last season, he's regressed to only being a quality starter now and he may still be too expensive with a need for too many midrange shots - the same DeMar takes.

Also, sign and trades simply don't work, the Spurs would laugh in your face. They'd also like to keep LMA too I bet, even with his struggles this season.

Comment

What do you mean. The Bulls are limping along with Jimmy Butler. The Lakers tore it down. The Heat are limping along with Dragic/Whiteside. The Knicks are a disaster. Everyone was making fun of the Celtics for overachieving with a thin roster and not using their picks.

Big market and legacy franchises have not been having an easy time of it. Evolving CBA's have really changed player movement. If anything this has been the superfriends era, not the big market era. Players will flock to Oakland or Cleveland if Lebron or Curry is there, they aren't flocking to NY and LA.
                              "When you have talent on your roster you work with it, period."

DeRozan is not that kind of talent.
                              Lakers has FO issues until the new team decided to tear it down.
                              Bulls, Lakers, Heat, Celtics are always THE destination for the elite players.

Small market teams' only chance is through the draft,
                              and pray they land a good one (Giannis).

You're right about superfriends,
                              but where do you normally find them?
                              In the more popular teams, unless you have once in a generation native talent like LeBron.

Comment

I think continuing to try to move forward is the most likely, with at least a couple of key changes (hopefully coaching, maybe Lowry). When you have talent on your roster you work with it, period. Teams don't tear it down and tank until they're really out of options and have next to nothing to lose.

This team is a slightly more successful pre-Harden Houston or pre-Gobert Jazz, teams that have some talent and keep trying to move forward even though there are some calls to just tear it down...
                                Except we're at a very different point at our "rebuild" than those two teams. They had cap space to add another piece - Harden, George Hill - we don't. They still have cap space, unlike us where, even if we don't re-sign Lowry but we re-sign Ibaka, we're capped out. And to be slightly more successful than them... they didn't have any stars at the time! If we're slightly more successful than those teams - in the Jazz's case, pre-Gobert, a lottery team - and we're stuck at a crossroads where several major players are going into free agency... then we likely don't have the ability to move forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X