Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we keep saying trade JV... name one team that would want him

I already did and I came up with nobody
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Yak might be ready for a larger role, but that doesn't involve starting and there is no way he is ahead of JV defensively. Ibaka cannot start at C for a full season without a dominant rebounding PF to play next to. We'd get killed on the boards.
      Rebounding by committee. Lowry/Deboo/Tucker are above average rebounders for thier position. I dont think you would need a dominant rebounder at PF but, a good one.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        we keep saying trade JV... name one team that would want him

I did the same thing and I came up with only one possibility.

It can only be for Demarcus Cousins.
        The reasons NOP acquired Cousins are everything Valaviunus can provides beside Anthony Davis. They have every reason to trade Boogie if they don't want to risk him walk for nothing. Quite honestly it didn't work with Cousins. It's just not how teams play anymore.

Also, really, its bizarre, but we need someone like Cousins to spice up this cupcake of a team. A guy like that won't let all the shenanigans from Cavs in that sweep. Theres no way Cousins will look rattled by the presense of Lebron.

There's every reason to trade for Boogie, if it doesn't work out, let him walk, trade everybody and tank the season after with a better crop of prospects like Zion, Antetokoumbo Jr and so on.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          we keep saying trade JV... name one team that would want him

Yeah, I know he doesn't have much trade value. I could only think of the Spurs.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            I did the same thing and I came up with only one possibility.

It can only be for Demarcus Cousins.
            The reasons NOP acquired Cousins are everything Valaviunus can provides beside Anthony Davis. They have every reason to trade Boogie if they don't want to risk him walk for nothing. Quite honestly it didn't work with Cousins. It's just not how teams play anymore.

Also, really, its bizarre, but we need someone like Cousins to spice up this cupcake of a team. A guy like that won't let all the shenanigans from Cavs in that sweep. Theres no way Cousins will look rattled by the presense of Lebron.

There's every reason to trade for Boogie, if it doesn't work out, let him walk, trade everybody and tank the season after with a better crop of prospects like Zion, Antetokoumbo Jr and so on.
            I don't think the trade Boogie after just 20 or so games. Maybe at the trade deadline but, can't see it this summer. I agree with everything you say. That's the downside of going for great character guys at times. That they could be too nice and too respectful.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue May 9, 2017, 05:01 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• And we have done such a terrific job of playing down JVs value for so long it hurts
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Anyone remember when Kyle first got here and Casey wanted to be more of a pass first PG like Jose? Kyle wouldn't buy in and went back to what he is use to being a score first PG. I think Kyle is the odd man out. 4 straight years of injuries in the playoffs and he's 31. How stupid would Masai look 12 months from now and Lowry is dealing with another injury during the playoffs?

The other thing is the whole not showing up under the bright lights. Yes, Deebo has struggled in the playoffs as well. The thing is Deebo is never scared to shoot. Lowry during the Bucks series did his best 2pat impersonation. Just don't see how Masai pays this guy the max. If you come at him with less than the max I think he walks. Just the type of guy he is.

I think one of Lowry/Casey will be gone but, I really don't know which one.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Building Just around Derozan takes us nowhere. If Lowry doesnt resign we rebuild
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Style of play come down to your personnel. If Masai want to change the style than he would need different personnel. I think that would start with the PG that doesnt want to be a pass 1st PG.

If raps want to play a different style they need better shooters and passers. Right now raps don't have enough of that in the locker room.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Style of play come down to your personnel. If Masai want to change the style than he would need different personnel. I think that would start with the PG that doesnt want to be a pass 1st PG.

If raps want to play a different style they need better shooters and passers. Right now raps don't have enough of that in the locker room.

Are you threatened by the "style of play" comments from Masai, indicating a massive change to Derozan's game or completely getting rid of him?

what is this new talk of not having a pass first PG.

I mean by all account if Lowry doesn't sign here so be it. But he is NOT the problem for the style of play. You can see that when we have the Lowry + Bench unit is out there. Stop pushing this weird narrative out of nowhere.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Style of play come down to your personnel. If Masai want to change the style than he would need different personnel. I think that would start with the PG that doesnt want to be a pass 1st PG.

Sharing the rock is not (pardon the pun) rocket science. Guys who make upwards of 20 million annually can get assists, we've ranked in the bottom 5 in that category every year since casey got here. How many times can we spin the wheels to get casey "his guys"? Now we go get him passers and make the excuse he doesnt have defense first guys again? Sounds like the president is tired of that. These are your guys, nba professionals, teach them to move the rock or we'll find someone who will
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The current system caters to DeMar and Lowry's strength though, and it's helped lift them to All Star status and in Lowry's case to borderline MVP status when he's healthy and playing well.

My fear is that you change the system and it goes away from their strengths. If the team takes a step forward and DeMar/Lowry take a step back are we as competitive as we are now? Without being catered to, are they the same DeMar and Lowry of the Rudy Gay days?

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            Are you threatened by the "style of play" comments from Masai, indicating a massive change to Derozan's game or completely getting rid of him?

what is this new talk of not having a pass first PG.

I mean by all account if Lowry doesn't sign here so be it. But he is NOT the problem for the style of play. You can see that when we have the Lowry + Bench unit is out there. Stop pushing this weird narrative out of nowhere.
                            I was actually wondering the same thing.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              The current system caters to DeMar and Lowry's strength though, and it's helped lift them to All Star status and in Lowry's case to borderline MVP status when he's healthy and playing well.

My fear is that you change the system and it goes away from their strengths. If the team takes a step forward and DeMar/Lowry take a step back are we as competitive as we are now? Without being catered to, are they the same DeMar and Lowry of the Rudy Gay days?
                              a) The current system has also ruined our all stars in the games that matter - playoffs - because they can't shoulder the load all by themselves when the going gets tough against other better all stars.

b) the days of trying to find all these pieces to accommodate Kyle and Demar appear to be over. They can either adjust and learn to play a system of modern ball, or they can find somewhere else to play.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Not to point out the obvious, but Kyle can be any kind of PG he'd like to be. And to be completely clear, with this contract why wouldn't he? This is it for him. He'll be getting paid. He's got zip left to prove except win a title after this offseason.

Give him his money. Tell him he's not playing for anything other then a title anymore and have him facilitate and bury 3's at Curry's level all year (from ball movement).

As for Kyle being injury prone. Maybe treating him like Cleveland treats Lebron during the regular season would make sure he's Nov/Dec Kyle in May/June. Just a thought, that maybe - just maybe - the minutes management everyone on this board saw as an important aspect of coaching Kyle, could maybe actually be a priority this year.

I'll take 50 wins (which they got missing 22 games of Kyle), and having a healthy dead-eye shooter in the post season.

Comment

Working...
                                X