No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF is always worried about something.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So far we lose:

PJ Tucker
      Patrick Patterson
      Demare Carrol
      Curtis Joseph
      2018 first round Pick
      2018 second round pick
      Hamilton (potential stretch and waive)

We acquired:

CJ Miles
      OG

I hope Ujiri's offseason is not over yet

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        So far we lose:

PJ Tucker
        Patrick Patterson
        Demare Carrol
        Curtis Joseph
        2018 first round Pick
        2018 second round pick

We acquired:

CJ Miles
        OG

We also retained:
        Kyle Lowry
        Serge Ibaka

Both integral parts of this team, and both on team friendly deals. You guys shouldn't analyze this offseason and leave that part out, considering they are our best and third best players on our team. It's not fair to Masai to say who we lost and not include them as who we've retained. You would include them if we had lost them.

Comment

So far we lose:

PJ Tucker
          Patrick Patterson
          Demare Carrol
          Curtis Joseph
          2018 first round Pick
          2018 second round pick

We acquired:

CJ Miles
          OG

Good moves today. The fact that you're including Hamilton as someone that we lost goes to show you are trying to be as negative as possible.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            I don't care about the beginning of last season. I care about the end. The team and lineup we had to end the season and in the playoffs was still better than what we have now
            you don't think that JV/Ibaka/Miles/DD/Lowry(healthy) or JV/Ibaka/Powell/DD/Lowry(healthy) isn't better than JV/Ibaka/Carroll/DD/Lowry(coming off injury)?

You've advocated for giving the young guys more opportunity, now they have it. We lost PJ and Patterson, neither of whom were really all that great in the playoffs, and have added CJ. This team looks as good or better than last year IMO.

Comment

• -you can't blame Masai for losing PJ, he offered him a good deal, he took less money to be with CP
              -DeMarre was not the player he showed on Atlanta due to injuries, We paid a ton to get rid of him, I didn't like it either
              -Sad to see PP go
              -The Joseph deal is an amazing deal, Delon and VV need to play and we moved him for a position of weakness.
              -OG could potentially be a great draft pick
              - retained Serg and Kyle to short term deals at close to market value

Overall that's a pretty damn good offseason so far, and Masai isn't done.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                you don't think that JV/Ibaka/Miles/DD/Lowry(healthy) or JV/Ibaka/Powell/DD/Lowry(healthy) isn't better than JV/Ibaka/Carroll/DD/Lowry(coming off injury)?

You've advocated for giving the young guys more opportunity, now they have it. We lost PJ and Patterson, neither of whom were really all that great in the playoffs, and have added CJ. This team looks as good or better than last year IMO.
                Agreed I think Siakam especially is going to be a lot better this year. And Carroll bricked so many open 3's that Miles should hit at a much better clip. I also think we'll pull 1 more move.

Nobody is under the illusion we're going to win a title this year but it seems like a lot of people think we basically suck if we didn't improve enough to beat the Cavs.

Comment

• rapaholic wrote: View Post
                  Good moves today. The fact that you're including Hamilton as someone that we lost goes to show you are trying to be as negative as possible.
                  Lol then you are so overly positive to something that is half baked, kudos to you

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    We also retained:
                    Kyle Lowry
                    Serge Ibaka

Both integral parts of this team, and both on team friendly deals. You guys shouldn't analyze this offseason and leave that part out, considering they are our best and third best players on our team. It's not fair to Masai to say who we lost and not include them as who we've retained. You would include them if we had lost them.
                    No way that deals given to Ibaka and Lowry are team friendly moves. That's why he even unloaded salaries to make it friendly

Comment

No way that deals given to Ibaka and Lowry are team friendly move. That's why he even unloaded salaries to make it friendly
                      They are team friendly in length, and pretty fair in salary.

Comment

Lol then you are so overly positive to something that is half baked, kudos to you
                        I think they were good moves nothing more lol. I'm happy to be competing for 2nd best in the conference until Lebron leaves and hopeful we can make a huge move in the next few years to get over the top.

Did you think we were going to make a move to be better than them this summer? lol

Comment

• Look at our free agent retention history, pretty sure we've done well. Did you just become a Raptors fan?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            We also retained:
                            Kyle Lowry
                            Serge Ibaka

Finally someone said it!! Everyone looks at the moves done so far and just looks at OG and Miles and think thats it. Masai has been putting in work this offseason and people only focus on who we lost. Masai is clearly not done yet, everyone just needs to be patient.
                            Last edited by Deebo; Sun Jul 9, 2017, 07:05 PM.
                            ball.

Comment

• Deebo wrote: View Post
                              Finally someone said it!! Everyone looks at the moves done so far and just looks at OG and Miles and think thats it. Masai has been putting in work this offseason and people only focus on who we lost. Masai is clearly not done yet, everyone just needs to be patient.
                              i guess keeping JV isn't the worst thing movng forward

Comment

• Not to be ignored are all the young guys potentially improving. I wonder if there is an accepted "rookie improvement factor" that can be generally applied. Would a 5% statistical improvement be reasonable? 10%? What? Because the Raptors can reasonably expect improvement from Norm, Delon, Fred, Poeltl, Bebe, Siakim, Bruno, even JV. And who would be surprised if Derozan improved?

That's 9 players who should be better. Anyone watching Summer League can already see improvement in Fred, Siakim and Poeltl.

I'm not buying the story that the team has gotten worse. I don't think it's a small thing that most of the young fellas have spent a lot of time playing together in the 905. And watching the SL play, JV may wind up getting the ball in a little P & R action if he comes off the bench. That would be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X