Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    they will pay him close to the max.... if they don't losing fultz was dumb. He will be fine for another year and then he will age badly.
    Fuck Boston for ripping off Brooklyn because their GM was borderline retarded! I hope the whole Boston experiment implode on Ainge who hordes picks instead of taking a chance on Butler or PG.

I hope for the Raps sake we see significant strides in all of our young players.

Comment

• Kyrie Irving trade I did for fun: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycollnbf

CLE gets: Evan Fournier, Bismack Biyombo, Mario Hezonja, Elfrid Payton, Jonas Valunciunas, ORL 2018 1st, TOR 2019 2nd
      ORL gets: Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, Bebe
      TOR gets: Nik Vucevic, Iman Shumpert

Cleveland

PG: Derrick Rose, Elfrid Peyton
      SG: Evan Fournier, Kyle Korver
      SF: Lebron James, Jeff Green
      PF: Kevin Love, Channing Frye
      C: Bismack Biyombo, Jonas Valunciunas

Cleveland gets worse at PG as they will with any deal. Can have Rose as an off ball slasher when Lebron is carrying the ball and Peyton as primary ball handler when Lebron is on the bench. Peyton also serves as PG of the future for them. Fournier is a decent upgrade at SG and they'd be the strongest they have been at that position since Lebron came back. Biyombo improves D and Valunciunas can be go to scorer off the bench for them. They get Hezonja + picks to build for the future and shed some cap space with this deal. This may be a stronger overall line than they had last year but it doesn't give them a go to shot maker like Kyrie (they likely won't get one on Kyries level anyways).

Orlando

PG: Kyrie Irving, DJ Augustin
      SG: Jonathan Simmons, JR Smith
      SF: Terrence Ross, Aaron Afflalo
      PF: Aaron Gordon, Jonathan Isaac
      C: Tristan Thompson, Bebe

Gives Orlando there first legit star in a long time. This team should have a decent chance of competing for a playoff spot this year. Still a lot of young guys and the ability to possibly make a deal for another big name. Also a lot of cap flexibility within a few years if they can convince Kyrie to stay. He would be the man on this team like he wants. Its not the team of his choice but Cleveland doesn't need to trade him where he wants to go. I figure they may want to dump Vucevic as Tristan Thompson is a good defensive C that doesn't require the ball and Vucevic will be a free agent soon likely demanding 20-25 million per year. They will want to save that money to try and find a 2nd legit star.

Toronto

PG: Kyle Lowry, Delon Wright
      SG: Demar Derozan, Iman Shumpert
      SF: CJ Miles, Norman Powell
      PF: Serge Ibaka, Pascal Siakam
      C: Nikola Vucevic, Jakob Poetl

The big move here is in getting Vucevic obviously. He's an upgrade over Val and has an improving 3 point shot. Shumpert makes for a serviceable backup to Derozan and his deal expires at the same time as Vucevic so we can use that money to resign Vucevic. Our bench isn't great but it already wasn't and with Lowry,Derozan,Ibaka and Vucevic all in the starting lineup I would stagger minutes to always have 2 of em on the court at once.

I think this could be win win win for all parties involved. The only team I don't think immediately improves is Orlando but they are just looking to get Irving in and then work there roster from there.

Comment

• ^That trade is atrocious. Vucevic presents the exact same problems as JV. Hardly an upgrade. And I don't want Shumpert's contract. Plus you throw in a 2nd rounder for the privilege to take bad money on.

Horrible.

Comment

• I like the team we have so don't mind if we don't trade. JV and Vucevic are similar players but Vucevic is a bit better rebounder and a lot better passer. Also Shumpert would be an upgrade and its 2 years at 10 million per. We aren't going to have that money to spend within next 2 years anyways so who cares. Its a slight upgrade to backup wing position using money we won't have to spend on another player.

Comment

• I don't get it. Vuc is a worse C than JV in almost every respect, including rebounding.

Shumpert would be an upgrade over who exactly?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              I don't get it. Vuc is a worse C than JV in almost every respect, including rebounding.

Shumpert would be an upgrade over who exactly?
              Vuc averaged 2 more rebounds and 2 more assists in 2 more mins. Also 2 more pts but he shot more with a lower percentage. Scoring wise they about a wash, JV is better close, Vuc shoots better so he's a bit more of a floor spacer.

Who is our backup SG now?

Comment

• LOL Wait for it ....

Comment

• rapaholic wrote: View Post
                  Vuc averaged 2 more rebounds and 2 more assists in 2 more mins. Also 2 more pts but he shot more with a lower percentage. Scoring wise they about a wash, JV is better close, Vuc shoots better so he's a bit more of a floor spacer.

Who is our backup SG now?
                  What?

JV had a higher per-36 rebounding rate than Vuc in each of the past three seasons.

Vuc has a higher assist rate but also doesn't live in this system. Biyombo saw his assist rate triple going from Toronto to Orlando. Ibaka's cut roughly in half going from Orlando to Toronto. There's no denying Vucevic is a better or at least far more established passer than JV - but that skill set would be marginalized here, so it's not much help.

And yeah, Vuc has proven himself very capable of taking 30% of his shots from the long two range, and managed a glorious 42% from there last year. While JV takes very few shots from that distance, and only shot... 41% from that range last year. If Vucevic spacing the floor looks like him jacking a bunch of 0.8 PPP shots, or far better, his 0.9 PPP three point shot on one measly attempt per game... I'll pass.

Our backup SG now is some combination of Powell, DeRozan and Lowry. Just like last year. Plus a little Miles if need be. Adding a worse player to the rotation does not make the rotation better. It might be useable depth, but it would not affect the ceiling of the team at all.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• https://twitter.com/SInow/status/894702253776535552
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      What?

JV had a higher per-36 rebounding rate than Vuc in each of the past three seasons.

Vuc has a higher assist rate but also doesn't live in this system. Biyombo saw his assist rate triple going from Toronto to Orlando. Ibaka's cut roughly in half going from Orlando to Toronto. There's no denying Vucevic is a better or at least far more established passer than JV - but that skill set would be marginalized here, so it's not much help.

And yeah, Vuc has proven himself very capable of taking 30% of his shots from the long two range, and managed a glorious 42% from there last year. While JV takes very few shots from that distance, and only shot... 41% from that range last year. If Vucevic spacing the floor looks like him jacking a bunch of 0.8 PPP shots, or far better, his 0.9 PPP three point shot on one measly attempt per game... I'll pass.

Our backup SG now is some combination of Powell, DeRozan and Lowry. Just like last year. Plus a little Miles if need be. Adding a worse player to the rotation does not make the rotation better. It might be useable depth, but it would not affect the ceiling of the team at all.
                      Not to mention one of Wright or FVV playing at the 2 at times as well. We have depth & no need for either of those guys. SMH.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• What do Mike Trout, Sidney Crosby, Ernie Johnson and DeMar DeRozan all have in common?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          What do Mike Trout, Sidney Crosby, Ernie Johnson and DeMar DeRozan all have in common?
                          Same birthday?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            Same birthday?
                            Yep!
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Yep!
                              Also my dad! Beer league hockey legend
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Fast forward to 14:20

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X